• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

pwners

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask if it's safe to update emunand to 10.5 as gateway website write the latest gateway firmware supports emunand up to 10.4 only? Also, updating emunand won't delete my save files on my sd card right? Lastly, to update gateway firmware, do I place the launcher dat onto the microsd card or sd card? thanks for everyone's help

Last edited by pwners,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried using an earlier boot file and it works now! Thanks for the help :D
Alright, good to hear you got it working!

Can I ask if it's safe to update emunand to 10.5 as gateway website write the latest gateway firmware supports emunand up to 10.4 only? Also, updating emunand won't delete my save files on my sd card right? thanks for everyone's help
I believe Gateway supports the latest emuNAND, but it never hurts to back up your emuNAND with EmuNAND Tool before updating it! That way if anything goes wrong, you can restore it.

pwners

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use emunand tool? Also to update gateway firmware, do I place the launcher dat onto the microsd card or sd card? thanks for your help!

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there any way to quit NTR CFW without having to reboot the console? I want to do so because once NTR CFW is activated, I can't launch any CIAs such as ftBRONY, CHMM, and BBM unless I reboot EmuNAND, which is quite troublesome.

Last edited by Emenaria,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But now FBI isn't installing :'(. Since I'm on 10.4 emunand. Is there any way to downgrade the emunand?
You probably need to recreate the title.db and import.db files.
FBI said:
You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and let it repair the database files.

How do I use emunand tool? Also to update gateway firmware, do I place the launcher dat onto the microsd card or sd card? thanks for your help!
EmuNAND Tool is pretty simple. You plug in your 3DS's SD card and press "Extract EmuNAND" to create an emuNAND backup. To restore a backup to the SD card, you press "Inject EmuNAND" and select the emuNAND backup you want to restore.

To update Gateway's firmware, you place the Launcher.dat on the 3DS's SD card.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recreate how? Would copy pasting a title.db and import.db work?
Go to the folder on your SD card I quoted above. Create two blank text files as "import.txt" and "title.txt" without the quotes. Change the extension from txt to db. You should now have import.db and title.db.

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to the folder on your SD card I quoted above. Create two blank text files as "import.txt" and "title.txt" without the quotes. Change the extension from txt to db. You should now have import.db and title.db.

Still cant install... Says Install failed FBI.cia
Summary wrong argument (0x8)
Description Invalid Command (0x2f)

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, I'm not sure how to download other cia installers...I tried hblauncher_loader.cia but that failed too
If other cias are failing to install, it's probably not the cia then. That error is usually associated with the missing database files.

Did you get the message on emuNAND that the databases needed to be rebuilt when you went to system settings > data management > 3DS > software?

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If other cias are failing to install, it's probably not the cia then. That error is usually associated with the missing database files.

Did you get the message on emuNAND that the databases needed to be rebuilt when you went to system settings > data management > 3DS > software?

Im getting a different error, maybe I'll just post this on the firmwares forum so more people would be able to help out. I'm getting this error:

Install failed!
FIB.cia
Source: SOURCE)AM)START)CIA)INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im getting a different error, maybe I'll just post this on the firmwares forum so more people would be able to help out. I'm getting this error:

Install failed!
FIB.cia
Source: SOURCE)AM)START)CIA)INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)
If repairing the databases didn't solve the issue, I'm not sure what would. Sorry I couldn't be more help; I hope you get it figured out!

Reactions: KuroYuki

Yahya Hussain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im sorry if this question has been repeated but anyway can someone tell me if its possible for someone using rxtools running sysnand 5.1.0 ofw to access the emunand without going online.

Darren Tickle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, with 9.6 you can downgrade to 9.2 and set up CFW.

Start out by looking here to get the Homebrew Launcher (HBL) set up.

After that, there's a tutorial to downgrade your 3DS to 9.2 here.

Once you're downgraded, if you're on an O3DS, check this tutorial to set up rxTools. If you're on an N3DS, check this tutorial to set up CFW.

Thanks for this!

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...