XP
Country
United States

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres a question. I am looking to update Smash bros via CIA. Do I need to do all the updates in order or just the newest? EG 1.2 to 1.3 to 1.4 or just install 1.4?

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about smash bros update, I downloaded 1.1.4 and one called FINAL, is 1.1.4 after FINAL because I installed 1.1.4 first and FINAL is not installing, it just says install failed could not install app.

Edit, nvm 1.1.4 is indeed the last update.

Another question though. I can go online with CIAs no problem right? Like multiplayer and stuff?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah jeez, I screwed something up.

I was installing smash, then I installed the update for smash (1.1.4) then I went out of the FBI menu and it crashed my ds saying "an error has occurred hold the power button down etc" and now I can't even boot into emunand its just a black screen.

Was I supposed to unwrap my gift before installing the update? Thats the only thing I can think of...

Last edited by hisagishi,

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get my rxtools emunand to boot after installing smash + update... How do I actually use the backed up emunand I have?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Question about smash bros update, I downloaded 1.1.4 and one called FINAL, is 1.1.4 after FINAL because I installed 1.1.4 first and FINAL is not installing, it just says install failed could not install app.

Edit, nvm 1.1.4 is indeed the last update.

Another question though. I can go online with CIAs no problem right? Like multiplayer and stuff?

Ah jeez, I screwed something up.

I was installing smash, then I installed the update for smash (1.1.4) then I went out of the FBI menu and it crashed my ds saying "an error has occurred hold the power button down etc" and now I can't even boot into emunand its just a black screen.

Was I supposed to unwrap my gift before installing the update? Thats the only thing I can think of...
Maybe the update cia was bad. Do you have a recent emunand backup you can restore? If your emunand is on the latest firmware you can update from the eShop but you'll have to delete all previous update CIAs.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the update cia was bad. Do you have a recent emunand backup you can restore? If your emunand is on the latest firmware you can update from the eShop but you'll have to delete all previous update CIAs.

Yes I do, I don't have anything of value on the emunand as I was just setting it up. How do I actually use an emunand backup? Does RXTools have an import option or something?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys I have 2 questions:

1) I'm trying to move from smaller 32gb micro SD to 128gb. I followed the guides on here, but then for the new 128gb card it doesn't boot into my Rxtools 9.5, but into Sysnand. If I go into homebrew menu from there it load Rxtools (gives that purple screen) and then can work. But not from cold boot.
You need to format emunand on the new sd card then use emunand tool to back up your current emunand and inject it into the new card. Then copy the files from the sd over.

2) Could someone please give me easy explanation how I can play games online. Do I need Reinand? How can I copy it over Rxtools? I didn't look on here for some time and now it's a bit confusing. Thanks.
You can play any cia game online without worrying about being banned.what is your question exactly?

Yes I do, I don't have anything of value on the emunand as I was just setting it up. How do I actually use an emunand backup? Does RXTools have an import option or something?
If you don't care about what's on the old emunand, just set up a new one on the new card. You can use the gateway menu or emunand9.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd prefer to just use the backup if its not to much trouble, would save me a couple hours of reinstalling games. I don't have any save games is what I meant by nothing of value. :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'd prefer to just use the backup if its not to much trouble, would save me a couple hours of reinstalling games. I don't have any save games is what I meant by nothing of value. :)
Ah I see. Well, get emunand tool. You can put your old SD card in your PC and choose backup emunand from emunand tool, make sure you make an emunand on the new card (eg using the gateway menu, put launcher.dat on the root and Gateway.3dsx in tne 3ds folder and launch the gateway menu from HBL, scroll to the right and pick format emunand) then put it in your pc and i think you put emunand.bin on the card and choose restore emunand, and it will put your emunand onto the new card. If any of these steps are wrong you should get a useful error message from emunand tool.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see. Well, get emunand tool. You can put your old SD card in your PC and choose backup emunand from emunand tool, make sure you make an emunand on the new card (eg using the gateway menu, put launcher.dat on the root and Gateway.3dsx in tne 3ds folder and launch the gateway menu from HBL, scroll to the right and pick format emunand) then put it in your pc and i think you put emunand.bin on the card and choose restore emunand, and it will put your emunand onto the new card. If any of these steps are wrong you should get a useful error message from emunand tool.

Would it be possible to just use the one SD card and use the emunand tool to just hit restore emunand? Why do I need to do all those extra steps? I just wanna restore a backup of a working emunand to the same SD card.

wildcat2083

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also going to jump on the noob bandwagon and ask a question here, I am new to the 3DS scene and I just got a N3DS Pokemon Edition Unit, unfortunatly my fam upgraded the firmware b4 i got a chance to do any research, so I know i will need a hardmod, at least right now, but what I need to know is even if I do that beimg the firmware is locked to the specific machine what exactly do I need to do in order to get a downgrade and homebrew on my unit, again i know step one is hardmod but then what? Bear in mind i am new so the tutorials out there are really confusing

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also going to jump on the noob bandwagon and ask a question here, I am new to the 3DS scene and I just got a N3DS Pokemon Edition Unit, unfortunatly my fam upgraded the firmware b4 i got a chance to do any research, so I know i will need a hardmod, at least right now, but what I need to know is even if I do that beimg the firmware is locked to the specific machine what exactly do I need to do in order to get a downgrade and homebrew on my unit, again i know step one is hardmod but then what? Bear in mind i am new so the tutorials out there are really confusing

If you don't have a backup of the previous firmware (which you would need to have made yourself, can't use someone elses) then there is no point in doing a hardmod.

I'm trying to use emunand to restore my nand backup but it keeps saying access is denied. I checked and turned off my firewalls/AV and nothing has write protection on it. I don't think fat32 even supports that... I am launching the program as admin, not entirely sure what to do now...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Would it be possible to just use the one SD card and use the emunand tool to just hit restore emunand? Why do I need to do all those extra steps? I just wanna restore a backup of a working emunand to the same SD card.
Didn't you want to upgrade from a smaller SD card to a larger one? Of course you can keep using your old SD card :) Sorry if i misunderstood what you wanted to do. If you have an old backup you want to restore then just put it on the sd card and choose restore from emunand tool on your pc.

Edit: sorry i got you mixed up with smora!

so even if I hardmod with my current firmware i still can't downgrade or get homebrew?
Yes you can use a Hardmod to downgrade 10.6 to 10.3 and then downgrade to 9.2 using the software method.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't you want to upgrade from a smaller SD card to a larger one? Of course you can keep using your old SD card :) Sorry if i misunderstood what you wanted to do. If you have an old backup you want to restore then just put it on the sd card and choose restore from emunand tool on your pc.

Edit: sorry i got you mixed up with smora!

Yes you can use a Hardmod to downgrade 10.6 to 10.3 and then downgrade to 9.2 using the software method.

I tried that using 1.0.3 of emunand tool and it says "error invalid emunand size" so I google it and it appears to be a common issue with that version and to just use 1.0.1 so I tried THAT version and it says error access is denied even though I turned all my firewalls/av off and check to make sure the drive wasn't write protected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Enjoy