• Likes 43

Rude_Boy_EEEE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looked around, but can't seem to find a concrete answer. So, here goes:
I'm trying to take the Miis/Mii Plaza from my broken and unusable 3DS into my new one. I understand I need to get to the sysdata folder in my nand backup. So, I used ninfs, and I do have the ctrnand_full.img file, but I get stuck there. I have my old SD and a gm9 backup. I also have a movable.sed (thanks again to ninfs!), if that helps. Any steps on where to go from here are much appreciated. Thanks!!

Rude_Boy_EEEE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Rude_Boy_EEEE,

Thistles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was trying to get the moveable.sed for a fairly old new2ds that broke before I started using CFW. I recently found the friend code for it but when using seedminer as linked from the hacks guide I predictably ran into a wall when supposed to add the bot to my friend list so I was hoping somebody could give me some advice on this since I can't find any old threads that explain this in a way I understand(mostly just saying to use KeyY which I don't know how to get).
Also I'm not sure if this would be better suited to be it's own thread instead of attached to the noob paradise so if not giving advice on my actual problem I'd at least like some advice on if this would be better as it's own thread or if that goes against the whole purpose of this thread
P.S. I do have my ID0 so I'm not just doing this in vain.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was hoping somebody could give me some advice on this
You're pretty much doomed.

Your only options at this point are to find another 3DS that has the Friend code registered in its Friend list (with your Mii - not just "provisionally registered"), or to use a Mii QR code generated on your dead 3DS.

Thistles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're pretty much doomed.

Your only options at this point are to find another 3DS that has the Friend code registered in its Friend list (with the Mii - not just "provisionally registered"), or to use a Mii QR code generated on your dead 3DS.
actually I think I do have that I used to fool around in mii maker a bunch and sent them over to my cousin for him to use in tomadachi life and in spite of some battery issues his 3ds still works fine (and I got the friend code actually by looking through his friend list(haven't seen him for a few years so haven't been able to up till now)) so since I do actually have access to those resources(although not at this very moment) could you please guide me through what I need to do?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
actually I think I do have that I used to fool around in mii maker a bunch and sent them over to my cousin for him to use in tomadachi life and in spite of some battery issues his 3ds still works fine (and I got the friend code actually by looking through his friend list(haven't seen him for a few years so haven't been able to up till now)) so since I do actually have access to those resources(although not at this very moment) could you please guide me through what I need to do?
If you have the QR code, you can follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer-(mii) .

If you have the other 3DS, you will need to run Seedstarter from https://github.com/zoogie/seedminer/releases/tag/v2.1 on that other unit and follow the instructions in the readme. This will require installing CFW on the other 3DS, or at least access to the Homebrew Launcher (which you can achieve using super-skaterhax without having to install b9s+Luma - if it's a New 3DS/2DS).

Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: Thistles

Thistles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have the QR code, you can follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer-(mii) .

If you have the other 3DS, you will need to run Seedstarter from https://github.com/zoogie/seedminer/releases/tag/v2.1 on that other unit and follow the instructions in the readme. This will require installing CFW on the other 3DS, or at least access to the Homebrew Launcher (which you can achieve using super-skaterhax without having to install b9s+Luma).
thank you I think I'll do the first option first then ask about modding my cousin's 3ds if I fail.
Thank you so much for your help this is really useful to know and I'm excited thinking I may soon get my old save data from when I was a kid back again
Just wondering for the QR code method will it work to take the same mii that was just data transferred over and then get their QR code from the receiving 3ds or would it have to be the qr code as shown on my original 3ds(basically will it be the same QR code for the same mii regardless of system or would it change)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering for the QR code method will it work to take the same mii that was just data transferred over and then get their QR code from the receiving 3ds or would it have to be the qr code as shown on my original 3ds(basically will it be the same QR code for the same mii regardless of system or would it change)
No, it has to be a QR code created on the 3DS before it died.

I really am sorry to keep bugging you, but what do I do with the editSaveData.bin?
I also see you already bumped https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-can...mii-maker-mii-plaza-etc.631010/#post-10234727 .

If you're really that sorry, why not try just a little harder to work these things out yourself..? Perhaps review How to Ask Questions The Smart Way ? You've stated many times that you're new to this, but some of these steps do not require any kind of advanced knowledge of Python or something.

Rude_Boy_EEEE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I also see you already bumped https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-can...mii-maker-mii-plaza-etc.631010/#post-10234727 .

If you're really that sorry, why not try just a little harder to work these things out yourself..? Perhaps review How to Ask Questions The Smart Way ? You've stated many times that you're new to this, but some of these steps do not require any kind of advanced knowledge of Python or something.

Look man, I've been looking everywhere just for the phrase "editSaveData.bin." No dice. I'm trying my best here. I'm surprised I was able to figure out enough to get as far as I've gotten. So, yet again, I ask you to please cut me a little slack.

Thistles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

got it
thanks again(I guess I'll ask my cousin if he's interested in letting me mod his 3ds for him then)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look man, I've been looking everywhere just for the phrase "editSaveData.bin." No dice. I'm trying my best here. I'm surprised I was able to figure out enough to get as far as I've gotten. So, yet again, I ask you to please cut me a little slack.
Yes, I can see you're very sorry.

If you are trying to restore editSaveData.bin on a different 3DS, then you will have to dump the Mii Maker save data on the different 3DS. You can do this with Checkpoint, but first you will need to edit the Checkpoint configuration to enable access to NAND saves, as per https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint . JKSM should also work.

Then you can replace editSaveData.bin in the dumped save data and restore it again, either with JKSM or with Checkpoint.

Rude_Boy_EEEE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I can see you're very sorry.

If you are trying to restore editSaveData.bin on a different 3DS, then you will have to dump the Mii Maker save data on the different 3DS. You can do this with Checkpoint, but first you will need to edit the Checkpoint configuration to enable access to NAND saves, as per https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint . JKSM should also work.

Then you can replace editSaveData.bin in the dumped save data and restore it again, either with JKSM or with Checkpoint.
Thank you, for the most part.

And for the record, I found the source of my confusion. I was in the wrong Title ID. I meant the Mii Plaza.

Last edited by Rude_Boy_EEEE,
Reactions: DragonMals

kettlecup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a system update and updated Luma using Universal Updater. Now I can't access any online services, I get "Error Code: 002-0999 Cannot access Online services, please try again later". Connection test works okay. Please help me understand if I did something stupid!

UPDATE: Never mind it is working now, Nintendo servers were down! Just a coincidence that they went down at the same time I did my updates.

Last edited by kettlecup,

Shuller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i need some advice, I ordered a og 3ds that is supposed to come in tomorrow, its Japanese and i got it for 75 dollars excluding tax with free shipping from us, so i got it because of the good deal. after looking at more homebrew things for 3ds (i got it for homebrew) i have been starting to regret getting the old 3ds rather then the new 3ds, i dont want to spend over $100 perferebly. what would you recemond i do? Also i like the 3d gimmick and I heard the new 3ds has better 3d but not to sure about if that adds a lot to the value.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i need some advice, I ordered a og 3ds that is supposed to come in tomorrow, its Japanese and i got it for 75 dollars excluding tax with free shipping from us, so i got it because of the good deal. after looking at more homebrew things for 3ds (i got it for homebrew) i have been starting to regret getting the old 3ds rather then the new 3ds, i dont want to spend over $100 perferebly. what would you recemond i do? Also i like the 3d gimmick and I heard the new 3ds has better 3d but not to sure about if that adds a lot to the value.

If you like the new 3ds 2015 or the new 3DS XL go for that.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just not sure if its worth reselling the og 3ds and ordering another console

New 3DS has eye tracking capability so that the viewing angle for the 3D effect is much larger. You can tilt the thing a bit and still see the effect when you would get a double image on the original.

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country

It depends if you feel that you could afford it. Maybe look into what you would get for your 3DS if you sell it online. I would probably prefer the new 3DS, does your 3DS-model has the extra c-stick on the right side of the console?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1