nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I put my old 3DS to charge with the official cable. Have done this THOSUANDS of times. Oddly enough, this time, after a couple of hours I went back to check it and it was HOT, I mean, like VERY HOT! and I immediatly took out the charging cable. But now it doesn't turn on. Did it fried itself? What happened?

When I press the power button there is no light at all. When I plug the charger the orange light is there. But that's it. I had never, ever had problems in years with my 3DS consoles. Don't know what happened and what to do :( Any feedback will be appreciated.

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kartminer7 Without Windows

Kartminer7 doesn't seem to work on MacOS or Linux.

Old 3DS/Old 2DS users, if you don't have a Windows computer and want to hack your Old 3DS or Old 2DS with Kartminer7, Ask someone with a Windows computer to modify the extdata for you. You will need to give them your movable.sed and the Nintendo 3DS Folder in .zip format with the extdata in it and upload it to MediaFire. After that, that Windows user will download the movable.sed and the Nintendo 3DS Folder and the Windows user will extract the Nintendo 3DS Folder so the Windows user can modify the extdata. Once that's done, the Windows user will now run the .bat file depending on the extdata region. Once the extdata was successfully hacked, create a zip file from the hacked Nintendo 3DS Folder and upload the hacked Nintendo 3DS Folder to MediaFire.

Last edited by J-Will,

DelfynoDurians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I datamine working QR codes for 3DS games?

Context:
I've hit a weird snag while ripping assets from a Japan only 3DS game (Go! Princess Pretty Cure - The Sugar Kingdom and the Six Princesses!). The game has stickers to use in a picture book sense, but I've extracted some stickers that I never unlocked after 100% clearing the game. Further research has led me to find out there are sticker sheets that you can only get by scanning a QR code in-game, and many of these QR codes would be found by physically going to a store or from limited time purchases (like buying a movie ticket). This content isn't super important for the game, but I want to verify that these stickers are or are not unused content and make that clear when uploading the assets.

Scanning QR codes reminded me of another 3DS game (Yo-kai Watch) and how a bunch of QR codes were datamined from the game files to get coins! So I wanna know how those QR codes were datamined, and how can I replicate that for this game?
Post automatically merged:

I put my old 3DS to charge with the official cable. Have done this THOSUANDS of times. Oddly enough, this time, after a couple of hours I went back to check it and it was HOT, I mean, like VERY HOT! and I immediatly took out the charging cable. But now it doesn't turn on. Did it fried itself? What happened?

When I press the power button there is no light at all. When I plug the charger the orange light is there. But that's it. I had never, ever had problems in years with my 3DS consoles. Don't know what happened and what to do :( Any feedback will be appreciated.
How long has it been since you charged your system? And have you ever replaced its battery? I had to do a battery change for my aqua 3DS recently cause it was going out, but even after the switch I've noticed the battery gets hot after an hour of play or when plugged into the charger.

So it's possible that age has worn down the circuitry inside the system and that last charge fried it. But hopefully you will hear from someone who knows more about electrical recharge circuits to pinpoint the cause and a solution. ^_^

Last edited by DelfynoDurians,

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I've been having some trouble with my MAME 2000 emulator on Retroarch, and wondered if anyone could help me out.

I don't know what button combo I accidentally hit, but whenever I move in a game(doesn't matter if it's the circle pad or D-pad I'm using), this black menu pops up that adjusts the gamma, volume, etc. and I have no idea how to make it stop.

It basically makes playing any games unplayable as moving in any direction switches through the menu options and adjusts the sliders against my will. Simply uninstalling it doesn't reset this, either. Any tips?

EDIT: Found out it mainly shows up if I move right and press A... Also only appears during games.

Last edited by Goshi,

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got a Nintendo 2ds which was previously hacked. It seems like the memory card is now faulty. It won’t turn on with the memory card in. I’ve changed the boot files and still no lick but my pc did say there was an issue with the memory card.

If I format the card, where should I start using the guide from?

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France

[SIZE=4]Youser[/SIZE], 2 choices,
Choice 1 Format the os of your console and look at what version firmware your are, then follow the guide from the start.
Choice 2, update the console to latest firmw, it will format the console at same time, then follow from the guide from start

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

[SIZE=4]Youser[/SIZE], 2 choices,

Choice 1 Format the os of your console and look at what version firmware your are, then follow the guide from the start.

Choice 2, update the console to latest firmw, it will format the console at same time, then follow from the guide from start

formatting the console WII NOT remove the cfw, you actually have to run the uninstall cfw script to do that. Start at https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw for getting things back up and running

BodYaK

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi. I want to buy New 3DS. Here, where I live, it will most likely be modified and with a changed region. Tthere will be no backup of the original NAND (before changing the region). Will I be able to do something in case of a brick?

GavinLa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so this is unrelated but- ive been having issues with New Super Ultimate Injector beta 28 as it wont run and it comes up with an error. saying that i dont have permission

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, so this is unrelated but- ive been having issues with New Super Ultimate Injector beta 28 as it wont run and it comes up with an error. saying that i dont have permission
Not unrelated ofc, you've come to the right place. Have you tried running the program as administrator? Make sure you turn off your antivirus as it can sometimes flag it up as a false positive.

GavinLa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright thanks. and Also i copied it from my last post

It didint work-

I Tried it again by running it as admin. also turning off my antivirus and it just came up with the same error.

Last edited by GavinLa,

SailorSardonyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm currently trying to install DLC for Fates using FBI and hshop manual download (my ds can't read QR codes anymore for some reason), but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The only recommendations I've seen from people is to download BigBlueMenu. but it's then immediately followed by people telling me that BigBlueMenu is outdated and won't be compatible. What do I do? I want to get these on my system before the internet shuts off in April lol.

SailorSardonyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably true.

That's a very unhelpful thing to write when asking for help. What did you do, what happened when you did it, etc.
Well I downloaded the CIA file for the DLCs as usual, and installed them using FBI. But whenever I boot the game, it recognizes no DLC whatsoever. It's like I didn't even install it, it's just gone. I really don't know what else even happened to explain the issue further.

SailorSardonyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a start. Perhaps you downloaded the DLCs for the wrong region?
I don't think so, I was 100% under the North America section of hshop. My current hypothesis is maybe it doesn't recognize the Special Edition of Fates, which is what I'm using. But it doesn't say which one it supports at all, so I'm kinda at a loss.

Gallaniel

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I was using nds forwarder on 3ds, but when I opened the game it cleared my previous save file to create a new one, is there any way to circuvent this, or playing a nds game from the 3ds menu will always ignore previous save files that existed when I played the game through twilight menu++?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.