• Views 4,526,351
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it wont automatically update, but if you find the prompting annoying you can format the system.....really it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, you are usually in system settings before you ever get the pop up anyway.....but again if there is no eshop content on the console, theres no reason not to format the system

Reactions: Blueie

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't have the Miiverse icon on the top right of your bottom screen (in the home menu) do you?

miiverse02.jpg

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, I want to play Zelda ALBW, but it has the 6.2 update on it, right?
Does EmuNand spoof it self, or do you actually need to update it via the Nintendo Servers? (And therfore wait for a new Gateway update on that)
Or can I change the required version number with the 3DSExplorer 1.5.3? (I removed the update already via the tool..)

And I can just use the headers of my original games on Roms like this:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/

And go online on 4.4 (even 4.4 (if it is not spoofed) emunand), right?
You don't even need EmuNAND at all to play Zelda ALBW. You can do it without EmuNAND or an EmuNAND on 4.5 firmware. It will all work.
And you don't need to do anything for it, either. No need to change the version number and no need to even remove the update data.
As for using the headers of your original games... You only need to do that if you plan to go online with the game. Just beware that if you change the header, your save (if you had one) will become incompatible. So it's important to make this decision before you play the game and made some progress, lest you lose that progress.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
You don't even need EmuNAND at all to play Zelda ALBW. You can do it without EmuNAND or an EmuNAND on 4.5 firmware. It will all work.
And you don't need to do anything for it, either. No need to change the version number and no need to even remove the update data.
As for using the headers of your original games... You only need to do that if you plan to go online with the game. Just beware that if you change the header, your save (if you had one) will become incompatible. So it's important to make this decision before you play the game and made some progress, lest you lose that progress.

Thanks!

Also, is there a way to transfer a save from a original card?
I guess not, because Gateway seems to use it's own way of saving.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks!

Also, is there a way to transfer a save from a original card?
I guess not, because Gateway seems to use it's own way of saving.
I know that you can backup a save from a retail card using the Gateway... But I actually don't know if it'll be compatible with a ROM. Maybe if you dump a ROM of your retail cartridge, it will work?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its all pretty complicated

first thing first, if the game uses 6.x encryption(pretty much all games released with 6.x+ on cart) and was played on a retail console.......no, there is no way to use that save....but if the game uses 6.x save encryption and was played in classic mode you can go to step 2

secondly the save will only work if its either a nand saving game i.e pokemon or animal crossing or the save is 512kb when dumped, if its smaller than 512kb it will not be usable

and finally if you pass both them barriers you will need to dump the cart the save is coming from and rename it to (game name).3dz, it will not work unless you have a dump from the exact cart the save came from and rename it to .3dz

neuroKip

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I will soon get my hands on a free 3DS USA, but I live in Europe unfortunately.

I have been reading about the possibility of region unlock, but still got some doubts, and was hoping someone could answer some questions/point me toward some other discussion on the matter.

Is not really clear from the reviews I have read so far, but I was wondering if the unlocking requires installing a spoof on the system, and if yes what will be the impact of it on the online functions of the OS? ( online play, firmware updates, etc )

Since I am mainly interested in using retails, and the breach to hack the system is in the classic DS mode, was wondering if I'd be able to use only a DS flash card to unlock (lot cheaper than buying a 3DS one). If not possible are there other ways I could region unlock?

Thank you for your time.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I will soon get my hands on a free 3DS USA, but I live in Europe unfortunately.

I have been reading about the possibility of region unlock, but still got some doubts, and was hoping someone could answer some questions/point me toward some other discussion on the matter.

Is not really clear from the reviews I have read so far, but I was wondering if the unlocking requires installing a spoof on the system, and if yes what will be the impact of it on the online functions of the OS? ( online play, firmware updates, etc )

Since I am mainly interested in using retails, and the breach to hack the system is in the classic DS mode, was wondering if I'd be able to use only a DS flash card to unlock (lot cheaper than buying a 3DS one). If not possible are there other ways I could region unlock?

Thank you for your time.
Region free requires 2 things at the moment. A 3ds with firmware between 4.1 to 4.5 and a ds flashcard that will run on those firmwares.
Simply boot into Gateway classic mode to enjoy region free with retail cartridges.
Online and everything works too. However, you must not update beyond 4.5 as the exploit will no longer work.

neuroKip

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Region free requires 2 things at the moment. A 3ds with firmware between 4.1 to 4.5 and a ds flashcard that will run on those firmwares.
Simply boot into Gateway classic mode to enjoy region free with retail cartridges.
Online and everything works too. However, you must not update beyond 4.5 as the exploit will no longer work.

Thanks for the answer,
do I need a specific DS flash card, or any will do? If not, is there a list of compatible ones somewhere?

YamiWheeler

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm in Japan at the moment and was thinking of purchasing a 3DS LL to use with Gateway.

Does anyone know the firmware of the Limited Edition Pokémon 3DS LL? I'm talking about the Premium Gold one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: His clips have been around a lot on TikTok and YouTube.