Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 4,540,844
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43
D

Deleted User

What I wish to do, is to play smash bros on launch day and get a new 3dsXL that supports flashcards

If Ive understood the forums correctly, when you play a game, it updates to its version automatically?
So smash bros will be on the highest version, and Gateway will not play this, because the team is still working on v. 8.x-games?

So what I need to do, is get a 3DSXL with version 4.5 or less, save a certian file from my 3ds, then play smash until gateway updates its flashcart, and then downgrade my 3ds.

That way, I can play smash, and have a functional flashcard (eventually), yes? I just need confirmination, that I dont screw everything up here, or making it harder than it needs to be.

BTW, (If i was correct) can someone also link me a guide to extracting this file (for downgrading) and a guide to downgrading my 3ds?

Thanks!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What I wish to do, is to play smash bros on launch day and get a new 3dsXL that supports flashcards

If Ive understood the forums correctly, when you play a game, it updates to its version automatically?
So smash bros will be on the highest version, and Gateway will not play this, because the team is still working on v. 8.x-games?

So what I need to do, is get a 3DSXL with version 4.5 or less, save a certian file from my 3ds, then play smash until gateway updates its flashcart, and then downgrade my 3ds.

That way, I can play smash, and have a functional flashcard (eventually), yes? I just need confirmination, that I dont screw everything up here, or making it harder than it needs to be.

BTW, (If i was correct) can someone also link me a guide to extracting this file (for downgrading) and a guide to downgrading my 3ds?

Thanks!
no even if you try to play smash bros in classic mode it (almost certainly) wont work....even if its a legit cart....even if it only required 7.2 and emunand was on 7.2, the game will (almost certainly) be using 7.x ncch encryption, so unless gateway release the "fix" for 7.x encryption even retail carts will not work in classic mode

only way to play the game AND keep the 3DS gateway functional would be to have the console hardware modded and update the console to 8.x and keep your 4.x nand backup to downgrade back to 4.x at a later date

Ummm... being a noob, I don't really know what ROP means :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return-oriented_programming

.....basically run the gateway installer, any time you use a NDS game/flashcard or edit certain settings on the console such as username you need to re-run the installer

D

Deleted User

no even if you try to play smash bros in classic mode it (almost certainly) wont work....even if its a legit cart....even if it only required 7.2 and emunand was on 7.2, the game will (almost certainly) be using 7.x ncch encryption, so unless gateway release the "fix" for 7.x encryption even retail carts will not work in classic mode

only way to play the game AND keep the 3DS gateway functional would be to have the console hardware modded and update the console to 8.x and keep your 4.x nand backup to downgrade back to 4.x at a later date

Thats what I tried to say. I want to have the option to have Gateway and play smash, but I dont need them at the same time.

So according to you, what I need, is to get a v.4.x 3DS, save the NAND file, and then I can switch between playing smash, and using gateway. (trough downgrading and updating)

What I need now, is a guide to gettign this NAND file and downgrading my 3ds.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thats what I tried to say. I want to have the option to have Gateway and play smash, but I dont need them at the same time.

So according to you, what I need, is to get a v.4.x 3DS, save the NAND file, and then I can switch between playing smash, and using gateway. (trough downgrading and updating)

What I need now, is a guide to gettign this NAND file and downgrading my 3ds.

is your 3ds hardware modded? this requires soldering to the 3ds motherboard, i will try get a few links for you to look at but if its not already done, or you dont have soldering experience it won't really be for you

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds-xl.350668/
ok pretty much everything you need to know would be somewhere in that thread, its a long read, but there should be pictures to follow and quick guides if you look for them

....also the nand backup has to be from your console, you can do this by entering the gateway menu and choosing "dump nand" the nand will be saved as nand.bin on the SD card for backing up in a safe place

D

Deleted User

is your 3ds hardware modded? this requires soldering to the 3ds motherboard, i will try get a few links for you to look at but if its not already done, or you dont have soldering experience it won't really be for you

Im planning to buy a 3dsXL. I havent done it yet, so unless they sell these modded 3ds's somewhere, its going to be a regular old 3dsxl. I havent modded a 3ds before, but I do have a lot of soldering experience. (+ two of my family members with even more experience) so that will not be a problem.

What need, is a guide that says what goes where, because I know nothing about the 3ds itself.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Im planning to buy a 3dsXL. I havent done it yet, so unless they sell these modded 3ds's somewhere, its going to be a regular old 3dsxl. I havent modded a 3ds before, but I do have a lot of soldering experience. (+ two of my family members with even more experience) so that will not be a problem.

What need, is a guide that says what goes where, because I know nothing about the 3ds itself.
if your doing a standard 3ds the thread is here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds.353263/

just be aware the standard 3ds is harder to do the mod on

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I see that homebrews are coming up little by little...

I have a 4.5 XLand a v7 normal
I got a DStwo with latest firmware..
If i want to play them when smealum realeses his exploit...what do i need to do?

Lambdasoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought one gateway 3ds after the release of the FW 8.x nintendo and I wonder if it would be possible to make an offline update with some original Cartridge starting lacuncher.dat, I heard a story of someone who could update offline with pokemon x, y do not know if it's true
Thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Guys ... :/ I closed my 3DS and then some hours later, tried to access the Gateway Menu. But again, it's not there.... What should I do ? Why everytime I close it, the exploit vanishes?
did you boot up any NDS games/flashcards or edit any of the user settings(username D.O.B and stuff).....doing any of those will delete the exploit and you will have to re-run it

Reactions: Mylink5

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, it's perfectly safe. As long as you are actually in gateway mode. Just remember that play ds mode and going into system menu kicks you out of gateway mode. And if you backup your emunand first, you don't even have to deal with the annoying prompt popping up all the time.
As for miiverse, I was able to sign in with 7.1 but the page wouldn't load. So...I'm not sure either :P
I don't think it requires the latest firmware though.
I see, thanks a lot!

TY89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I had an Nintendo 2DS, which I sold, and bought an Nintendo 3DS XL with Firmware < 4.5 and a Gateway 3DS

I watched a couple of Videos and read through some threads, but still have a couple of questions. It would be really nice if somebody was kind enough to help me.

1. I have retail copies of Pokemon Y, Mario Golf and Mario Kart 7. Is it possible to play them in classic mode or do I have play Rom versions?

2. Is it right that I can't play online right now? Doesn't matter if it is a Rom or retail copy.

3. If I can't use my bought Mario Golf or Pokemon Y, is it possible to play local multiplayer mode with a Mario Golf Rom or trade Pokemon?

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1