• Views 4,523,399
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Speeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any decent tutorials on how to move save files around? Specifically I have two scenarios:

- Backup save from physical cart, to play with .3ds ROM
- Backup save from eshop game, to play with .3ds ROM

Basically I want to backup my eshop/cart collection onto the gateway, because I'm terrified of losing my purchases/progress.

Bonus question: Is it safe to access the eshop from emunand?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Situation: have two boys and one 9.2 3DS, GW waiting to be awoken and waiting for N3DS release to purchase another one. What is the best way for the two boys to share the 3DS in order to keep saves/worlds and related stuff separate. Swapping out a micro SD and SD card every time it changes hands is not optimal but if that is the way it is, so be it. Right now the slots on the games seem to work, but they do seem to get in fights about some stuff, maybe it is x/y or animal crossing, not sure.

In the DL/DSi days they had separate systems and Acekards. Those died and they have been sharing a r4, with separate mSD cards, and sharing retail 3DS games except for x/y.

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
With SaveDataFiler, it's possible for me to extract a save that I've used with a .3ds (or .cia) file and import it to a cart, right?

Situation: have two boys and one 9.2 3DS, GW waiting to be awoken and waiting for N3DS release to purchase another one. What is the best way for the two boys to share the 3DS in order to keep saves/worlds and related stuff separate. Swapping out a micro SD and SD card every time it changes hands is not optimal but if that is the way it is, so be it. Right now the slots on the games seem to work, but they do seem to get in fights about some stuff, maybe it is x/y or animal crossing, not sure.

In the DL/DSi days they had separate systems and Acekards. Those died and they have been sharing a r4, with separate mSD cards, and sharing retail 3DS games except for x/y.

Buying two Gateway carts or two physical carts of each game. SD card saves (and games) are locked to the system and can only be transferred something like 5 times.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Well, for Pokemon that's kinda easy since there's always 2 versions of each. Simply one plays Omega Ruby and the other plays Alpha Sapphire.
Now for Animal Crossing the only way is to have 2 copies of the game in the microSD and each one plays his own

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i buy a Australian N3DS will i be able to play EU games and update the system in the EU without doing weird proxy stuff?

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.
I have a 3DS XL with 9.2.0-20E. If i buy the Gateaway flashcard will i be able to use it with this firnware when they release the new update?

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to sell one of my 3DS's, how does one uninstall the Gateway, will just formatting my system's memory in the system settings be sufficient?

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to sell one of my 3DS's, how does one uninstall the Gateway, will just formatting my system's memory in the system settings be sufficient?

you could do that, or play a normal nds game. (starting a normal nds cardridge deletes the gateway exploit)

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there still no way of converting or reencrypting a .3ds save to make it usable with .3dz (without having to buy a MT)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong