• Likes 43

ZenWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I am using rxtools cfw. I just restored an older emunand backup using emunand tool.
I noticed some of the games are not appearing on the home menu of the emunand but the files are still on the sd card.
Do I need to reinstall each .cia? or is there some steps that I missed after restoring the emunand?
Also when I try launching pokemon alpha sapphire, now it says tha the save is not compatible with this version. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I am using rxtools cfw. I just restored an older emunand backup using emunand tool.
I noticed some of the games are not appearing on the home menu of the emunand but the files are still on the sd card.
Do I need to reinstall each .cia? or is there some steps that I missed after restoring the emunand?
Also when I try launching pokemon alpha sapphire, now it says tha the save is not compatible with this version. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you
Which emuNAND version was the backup made on and which emuNAND version were you on before you restored the backup? Have you tried updating your emuNAND?

ZenWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which emuNAND version was the backup made on and which emuNAND version were you on before you restored the backup? Have you tried updating your emuNAND?

Both emunands are versions 9.9.0-26u.
Some of the games that were installed earlier show up but it would seem some of the games that I installed after making the old backup are missing.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Both emunands are versions 9.9.0-26u.
Some of the games that were installed earlier show up but it would seem some of the games that I installed after making the old backup are missing.

That's because the NAND doesn't have the information about where they were installed. Basically, the NAND doesn't know there were games installed and so they don't show up.

Vis_Mage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was already asked about fifty times (as I'm sure it has), but I'm afraid I'm a total newbie at doing anything related to CFW or hacking.

I'm looking to install NTR CFW 3.0 on an US old 3ds with firmware 9.2 (or slightly lower, have to check). The thing is, I can't find any noob-friendly guides that explain this specific version of NTR (as older versions were exclusive to the N3DS, and I don't know what differences exist between the two installs). Could someone either help explain to me in a simple way how to go about this, or link me to a noob-friendly guide pertaining to this version of NTR on an old 3ds?

EDIT: If it helps, I'm particularly trying to this this translation patch working: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54979&page=1

Last edited by Vis_Mage,

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry if this was already asked about fifty times (as I'm sure it has), but I'm afraid I'm a total newbie at doing anything related to CFW or hacking.

I'm looking to install NTR CFW 3.0 on an US old 3ds with firmware 9.2 (or slightly lower, have to check). The thing is, I can't find any noob-friendly guides that explain this specific version of NTR (as older versions were exclusive to the N3DS, and I don't know what differences exist between the two installs). Could someone either help explain to me in a simple way how to go about this, or link me to a noob-friendly guide pertaining to this version of NTR on an old 3ds?

EDIT: If it helps, I'm particularly trying to this this translation patch working: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54979&page=1

In the NTR 3.0 thread you'll find a file of the bootNTR which is a CIA file you can install (sysnand or emunand) using a CIA installer (BBM or FBI for example).
After installing, you can just run the installed app from inside any CFW.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntr-cfw-3-0.393710/

Last edited by lemanuel,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to backup emunand? i'm on rxtools 2.6 with emunand updated to latest firmware (10.1.x). i have a 32gb sd card but almost full, it has just 2gb left (i have installed .cia on emunand). is 2gb enough to backup emunand? i really don't know how it works the backup stuff...

Download emunand tool to your PC. Put your SD card into your PC, launch emunand tool and use the "extract nand" option, it will create a 1GB file named emunand.bin (this is your emunand back up).

Then copy everything you see on your SD card to a folder somewhere on your PC, preferably together with your emunand.bin file (this will be about 29GB since is all the games on the SD).

And you are done.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is it possible to play online on Monster hunter or pokemon game in 3ds running CFW rxtool
if yes HOW?? thanks for your help :) :bow:

Yeah, just install and update emunand to 10.1, install the games there and fee free to go online.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: Gianni90

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
^if that is the case what are my options?

rxTools is always an option as long as below 9.2 which they are. It just makes it a bit harder to install.
Other CFWs might also be possible altho I'm not knowledgeable enough about them to say. But in any case, after setting up rxTools, you're able to do anything, including installing the browser if it doesn't have it. So no need to worry.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
would i need to buy anything if it did happen to be 9.2-0 or would it just require a browserless hack (if so what is that?)

I think there would be no need to buy anything. In any case, this is the best guide to set up rxTools (and the one which you should probably follow when doing it). So just check the different ways that there are to installing it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Hmm... actually I think that one doesn't say anything about a browserless way. But I know it's possible since there's been other people in that situation. Let me see if I can find it.

I know now why I thought it's possible.
If the console doesn't have browser but it has firmware 6.x or below, you can do it by using the Profile exploit. But if the console is above 6.x and doesn't have browser, you can't install the CFW. I think that's it. Someone will certainly correct me if I'm not.
In any case, it's really a small chance of you getting one without the browser so you shouldn't worry too much.

Last edited by lemanuel,

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
okay ty, also i have a copy of oot and another 3ds on 9.9 with ironhax if thats any help

The 3DS on 9.9 can't really be used for much so it wouldn't really help. And OoT is mostly useful for the N3DS or as a way to launch homebrew. In the case of CFWs, it doesn't help either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1