• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm getting my son a 2DS for Christmas and I was wondering if any of the carts work for it.

Doesn't have to be one that plays 3DS games. I used to have an M3 when I gave my oldest son a DS lite years back.

Is there a cart that will allow 3DS/DS games to be played on the Nintendo 2DS? If not, is there something similar to the M3 out there that will allow the 2DS to play DS games?

ANy help would be appreciated!! I've been away from all of this for a few years so I'm rusty, but I want to introduce my oldest and have this be something we both can work on. Thanks!

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I'm getting my son a 2DS for Christmas and I was wondering if any of the carts work for it.

Doesn't have to be one that plays 3DS games. I used to have an M3 when I gave my oldest son a DS lite years back.

Is there a cart that will allow 3DS/DS games to be played on the Nintendo 2DS? If not, is there something similar to the M3 out there that will allow the 2DS to play DS games?

ANy help would be appreciated!! I've been away from all of this for a few years so I'm rusty, but I want to introduce my oldest and have this be something we both can work on. Thanks!
Provided the 2DS is unused, for 3DS games take a look at rxTools. A tutorial for setting it up can be found here.

For DS games get a cheap DS flashcart (such as an R4I).

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Provided the 2DS is unused, for 3DS games take a look at rxTools. A tutorial for setting it up can be found here.

For DS games get a cheap DS flashcart (such as an R4I).
Now I remember why I loved this group so much! THanks for the quick reply!
What is the reason the 2DS should be unused? Good thing I asked because I was debating getting a new one or a used one off of Craigslist since I'll be investing in flashcarts.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the reason the 2DS should be unused? Good thing I asked because I was debating getting a new one or a used one off of Craigslist since I'll be investing in flashcarts.
In order to use any of the CFWs, the 2DS must be on 9.2 or lower firmware. All unused 2DSes will be below 9.2 guaranteed; a used one may not be.

laneman121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2ds, 3ds can be used as long as you check it out before you buy, some people have not played their systems in months so it could still be good, just turn it on and check system version, no need to buy new.

currently there are 2 flash cards for 3ds games the gateway (cheaper) and the sky3ds, with the gateway you can run homebrew programs which some of them are really nice, if you want to easily hack your save games and cheat and do other things this is the recommended way to go, you then install the games as cia, the sky3ds is the other option, it acts like a real game cartridge, the problem they keep releasing beta versions... first beta version was write only 1 time, (cant delete and rewrite roms!), with a red button (people were pissed after copying the game you could not delete it so card filled up fast), the next beta (blue button) the flash card had no firmware so could not update, so new games are now blocked, just yesterday in fact they released version 3! the 2 orange button version which is easy to update firmware, so it should be stable, as for ds games just get a r4 card they are cheap.

in a nutshell.

gateway work on 3ds/3ds 9.2 and lower, cheaper flashcard and support homebrew.

sky3ds works on all versions of ds, however yesterday they just released their new version so no info on new version, their 2 earlier versions had tons of quirks, like needing a private header (each game has a cartridge id and nintendo was banning people for using same id so you had to take a games header from a game you actually have), and some games not working due to ap checks (anti piracy chip), well the new version comes with a updatable which is suppose to get around anti-piracy checks and support homebrew like gateway, you may want to wait till the dust settles on new sky3ds+ version 3.

Last edited by laneman121,
Reactions: pnut

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
been away from 3ds scene for a while, so I got a few questions
- is there a CFW that let me play roms in .3ds format? as far as I know, they all needed to be installed as .cia as for now
- I've been hearing about themehax for a while and wondering if it is possible to run gateway from this thing? or with any other *hax (homemenuhax, etc)
btw I'm using an o3ds 9.2
thanks

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been away from 3ds scene for a while, so I got a few questions
- is there a CFW that let me play roms in .3ds format? as far as I know, they all needed to be installed as .cia as for now
- I've been hearing about themehax for a while and wondering if it is possible to run gateway from this thing? or with any other *hax (homemenuhax, etc)
btw I'm using an o3ds 9.2
thanks

No and no... You cant do neither of those.

Reactions: Garou

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive instead decided to get a O3DS at 8.1.0-19E since my stylus is loose and the control circle knob thing came off
Any way to transfer my data from the 9.9 O3DS to the 8.1 O3DS
Edit: Also is £94.99 for a used O3ds Xl a good price

Last edited by Woody8275,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive instead decided to get a O3DS at 8.1.0-19E since my stylus is loose and the control circle knob thing came off
Any way to transfer my data from the 9.9 O3DS to the 8.1 O3DS
Yes. If you don't mind updating the 9.9 3DS it can be done fairly easily. Update the 9.9 3DS to the latest firmware. Set up emuNAND on the exploitable 3DS and update the emuNAND to the latest version. Now just simply do a system transfer from the OFW 3DS to the emuNAND of the CFW 3DS.

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. If you don't mind updating the 9.9 3DS it can be done fairly easily. Update the 9.9 3DS to the latest firmware. Set up emuNAND on the exploitable 3DS and update the emuNAND to the latest version. Now just simply do a system transfer from the OFW 3DS to the emuNAND of the CFW 3DS.
Ive got a DS flashcart and ocarina of time how to I run RX tools with no browser on 8.1

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
i have old 3DS(9.2) on Gateway running 9.5 emunad. and i want to cheat but gateway cheat is very limiting at the moment, is there any other way to cheat? can i install NTR cheat with gateway?

D13PLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed rxtools on a 6.2 sysnand and updated the emunand to 10.3
I then installed ninjahax solely for the screenshot feature but I don't get it. I can take screenshots of the Homebrew Menu but how do I get them to work in game?
Is there a way to go from HBM straight to the game without rebooting?
What are the commands to using ninjahax? Once I get the screenshots working (disabling the home feature) how do I get home?

Last edited by D13PLZ,

SupaflyDesperado

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all! I just recently got my Gateway up and running and saw that I couldn't use Mii Plaza as there was an update. No problem I thought! I just updated the Mii Plaza (4.0) and added the 6 paid plaza games via .CIA and imported the updates via BBM. I went to use mii plaza and instead of the plaza ITSELF having to update, now the games need to update. A notification appears that says "Update data is available for the plaza games you've purchased". I then press A and the next message says "The update data will be downloaded now". CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS UPDATE TO EMUNAND 9.0? Or do I have to find another .CIA file to update it? I just don't want to break the exploit and re-do it. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Hyrule Warriors legends