• Views 4,541,529
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My DSIware does not work on emunand downloaded from eshop is there any way to fix this
I just get an error and have to turn off the power

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please help I have an original 3ds pink running 3.0.0 I want to buy a card for it but don't know which one was thinking about the super card dstwo but it doesn't seem to be in your flash card comparison. All I want is to run backups and possibly minecraft thanx

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i use the homebrew launcher along with cfw?
because of two boot.3dsx...
I have ninjhax 2.5 installed and am on emunand 10.3
Launching rxTools at boot - Menuhax!

These steps will setup Menuhax, which we will configure to allow rxTools to boot the moment you turn on your 3DS/2DS! IMO this is the best way to launch rxTools.

Note:
You must be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware. This means your sysnand has to be on or between 9.0 to 9.2 system version. To update to 9.0 or 9.2, scroll down to the section How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2 and follow the instructions, then come back here.

1. Download the Homebrew Starter Pack and extract the contents to your SD card root. Put the SD card back in your 3DS.
  2. Set a random theme on your 3DS, then change it back to the default theme.
  3. Launch browserhax (it took MANY tries for me to finally get it to boot). Zoom-in all the way to the slider at the top-left and touch the very right of the bar. It may work touching the very left side as well.
  4. Once in the homebrew menu, run the menuhax_manager v2.0 installer and install menuhax.
    • (At this point, I also set a custom button setup so that it loads sysnand only when I hold R. This is Type 2 in the config menu.)
  5. After all that, test if menuhax boots you into the homebrew menu at cold boot. Just turn off your 3DS and turn it back on. Be sure to hold a button (or not), depending on what config you chose. The default is to hold L during boot. In my example above, I don't have to hold anything to launch menuhax, but if I hold R, then menuhax won't launch.
  6. Now to set it to boot rxTools instead, download the latest CTRBootManager. Rename the boot.3dsx that is on your SD card to boot_hb.3dsx. Then place the boot.3dsx and boot.cfg from the CTRBootManager download onto your SD card root.
  7. OPTIONAL: Open up boot.cfg with notepad and change this:
to this:

Now save the boot.cfg, eject your SD, and put it in your 3DS

When you turn on your 3DS, you should see the red screen, followed by the rxTools splash screen. If you chose a custom button setup in the Menuhax installer, keep that in mind. By default, you must hold L when booting to let Menuhax run at boot-up. In my case, I chose TYPE 2, and selected the button R. This means that Menuhax will always run at boot unless I hold R (which would bring me to sysnand instead of rxTools).
taken from this thread [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Kreten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just purchased New 3DS XL it's version 9.9.0-26U

What are my best options for a kid to be able to play DS and 3DS games?

I guess I'd preffer to have CFW and CIA files, but reading so far doesn't seem like that's an option.

Seems like DSTWO+ is not an option to have two in one?

Do I need to upgrade to certain firmware and tutorial how to update to specific version? Or is there a way to downgrade?

Is SKY3DS and R4i SDHC 3DS RTS pretty much my only/best options?

This is for a 8yo boy so simplicity and easily accessible multiple games is a plus, I'll just be adding games for him and troubleshooting. I already have some card for his DSi, not sure which one untill I check, but would it be possibility of this working for DS games?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Kreten,

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

So now I have rxTools 10.3 emuNAND set I was curious about the Homebrew Channel from smea.

I just wanted someone to go over the easiest way to access from 10.3 emuNAND (which seems unlikely from browser, I have to go through 9.2 sysNAND maybe?)
DUH hold down the relevant button startup.

But also just wanted someone to go over the utilities of Homebrew Browser, the apps included and how they could benefit or be of use to me.

Last edited by skypirate123,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just purchased New 3DS XL it's version 9.9.0-26U

What are my best options for a kid to be able to play DS and 3DS games?

I guess I'd preffer to have CFW and CIA files, but reading so far doesn't seem like that's an option.

Seems like DSTWO+ is not an option to have two in one?

Do I need to upgrade to certain firmware and tutorial how to update to specific version? Or is there a way to downgrade?

Is SKY3DS and R4i SDHC 3DS RTS pretty much my only/best options?

This is for a 8yo boy so simplicity and easily accessible multiple games is a plus, I'll just be adding games for him and troubleshooting. I already have some card for his DSi, not sure which one untill I check, but would it be possibility of this working for DS games?

Thanks a lot!
Sky3DS and a DS flashcart are your only options.

The choice you will have to make is whether you want the Sky3DS or the Sky3DS+. The Sky3DS is cheaper, but doesn't support some of the newer games and never will as the card cannot be updated. The Sky3DS+ is more expensive, supports the newer games and can be updated. Unless you want to track down an exploitable 3DS, I would say the Sky3DS+ is your best option.

The R4i cart you named will work fine for DS games.

Hi all

So now I have rxTools 10.3 emuNAND set I was curious about the Homebrew Channel from smea.

I just wanted someone to go over the easiest way to access from 10.3 emuNAND (which seems unlikely from browser, I have to go through 9.2 sysNAND maybe?)
DUH hold down the relevant button startup.

But also just wanted someone to go over the utilities of Homebrew Browser, the apps included and how they could benefit or be of use to me.
There's quite a bit you can do with the Homebrew Launcher. Some of what you can do includes:

Emulators: Check out RetroArch, it has a lot of different emulators including NES, SNES, GB, GBA, some of the Sega consoles and more.

Save Extraction: There are several tools for extracting save data. They allow you to extract your game saves. Pretty much the same thing as SaveDataFiler.

FTP: There's a couple different FTP tools for transferring files to and from your SD card.

Decryption (4.1-9.2 only): You can use Decrypt9 to generate xorpads for games or your NAND which will allow for decryption.

Launch CFW (4.1-9.2 only): You can launch one of the available CFWs through the Homebrew Launcher, in case you want to have multiple CFWs available.

There's a lot more tools, but those are probably the most commonly used ones. For more tools you can check here: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications.

GRINSPANKER13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding exporting saves.

I've been reading up on SaveDataFiler, and read it doesn't work with newer games?
But what is savedatafiler?

Well.. savedatafiler is a Nintendo SDK tool used to extract/inject saves and while doing that, it can also decrypt them. This tool was made available in not very licit ways and so, it's not a tool that gets updated. That means that some recent save encryptions won't be decrypted by this tool.

Most of my games are installed as cia. I'd like to look into editing the saves.
My question is, what is the best save manager to use?
I'm running emuNand RX-E 10.3.0-28U with rxTools.
I prefer having the program as a cia.

Last edited by GRINSPANKER13,

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, is it possible to convert gateway saves to sky3ds? (I sold my 3DS few months ago, and now I bought new one with sky3DS, because of very good price).
I mean that saves from root of sd (00040000000F4E00.sav etc).
Please tell me that it is possible :( (Japanese 3ds LL FW9.9, I don't have a access to gateway, it would not work anyway, but I can share my save if somebody could do something with it)

Last edited by rsc-pl,

Eawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello im new here ive been reading alot. I bought a o3ds used it was running 7.1.0 16E. So what i want to acheive is running backup games safe online and access online store. Also have one problem it is parental controle on the 3ds i heard u could add a email to remove it in 7.2 patch. I sent a email to Nintendo with info about resetting parental control.

But what i wonder is what CFW should i use. Should i update to 9.2 first or after i hacked it. How do i update if its not hacked. How do i run Cia games safe online

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Please help I have an original 3ds pink running 3.0.0 I want to buy a card for it but don't know which one was thinking about the super card dstwo but it doesn't seem to be in your flash card comparison. All I want is to run backups and possibly minecraft thanx
You have to update it to 4.x before you can do anything. You need a cartridge game. If you google search for games with 4.x updates you should find a list, or wait for a member here to give you a link. Once you have 4.x you will be able to install CFW for free (if you have a browser) or with the help of a DS flashcart (if you don't).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello im new here ive been reading alot. I bought a o3ds used it was running 7.1.0 16E. So what i want to acheive is running backup games safe online and access online store. Also have one problem it is parental controle on the 3ds i heard u could add a email to remove it in 7.2 patch. I sent a email to Nintendo with info about resetting parental control.

But what i wonder is what CFW should i use. Should i update to 9.2 first or after i hacked it. How do i update if its not hacked. How do i run Cia games safe online

Read this guide to get CFW working. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ You can't update to 9.2 until you have it working. And CIA games are always safe online.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are the n3ds hacks future proof? i know emunand doesn't go above 9.5 and i know games that require higher firmwares have so far been reencrypted to work on 9.2. but sometime in the near future is it safe to assume newer games will just stop working on non updated n3ds's?
o3ds's you can always just update to the latest emunand is it better to just stick with one of those if i want to be safe?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are the n3ds hacks future proof? i know emunand doesn't go above 9.5 and i know games that require higher firmwares have so far been reencrypted to work on 9.2. but sometime in the near future is it safe to assume newer games will just stop working on non updated n3ds's?
o3ds's you can always just update to the latest emunand is it better to just stick with one of those if i want to be safe?

People can always cryptofix and firmware spoof newer games to work in 9.2 - 9.5, I don't see a reason to worry about it ;)

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People can always cryptofix and firmware spoof newer games to work in 9.2 - 9.5, I don't see a reason to worry about it ;)
yeah i know for now, but is it really safe to say always?
i'm mainly trying to decide between a more readily available 9.3+ north american n3ds and settling for no hacks or trying to find a >9.2 european 3ds.
i have a ton of american retail games, as long as there are hacks available i'll be safe with a european model but if at some point in the future i am forced to get an american one i might as well do it now.

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Alex Gonzalez Wether you buy DSTWO or DSTWO+ you'll get the same thing, DS games, GBA/SNES emulators along with some other DS mode homebrew in 10.3

Supercard Team can't just release an update to make the 3DS mode work in 10.3, this flashcarts (Gateway type) work totally different than DS flashcarts or Sky3ds, you need kernel exploits for them to work, until now all Supercard team has "done" in the 3DS side is to backride in Gateway's exploits, rip-off their cart and even as far as to instrunct people to go to Gateway's official website and download their files...

Supercard DS flashcart emulators are better only because they have been around for YEARS now vs 3DS userland homebrew that is quite new (1 year barely) so you really can't compare them, wait a couple of years and you'll see how 3DS homebrew kicks DS homebrew in every way possible.

And yes, all you need is a powersaves dongle to inject a hacked save to your OOT cart and access the homebrew launcher from it.

Thank-you for all the answers and help everyone! I sincerely appreciate it. I'm just a bit curious about a few more things.

If I purchase a DSTwo Plus, I know I won't be capable of running 3DS games but will I still be able to run 3DS Mode Homebrew?

Because if that is the case I won't need to purchase a PowerSaves and I can utilize the DS Mode features with the Flashcart as well as take advantage of the 3DS Homebrew features as well (If possible).

If I can't run 3DS Homebrew with a DSTwo plus would you be able to recommend what market would happen to have the original DSTwo (non plus), because PeachDS didn't have it on their page.

Also, one last thing would someone be able to point me in the right direction with where I can get started with instructions on what to do first once I receive my flash cart?

Thanks again guys you all are the bomb!

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ar
You have to update it to 4.x before you can do anything. You need a cartridge game. If you google search for games with 4.x updates you should find a list, or wait for a member here to give you a link. Once you have 4.x you will be able to install CFW for free (if you have a browser) or with the help of a DS flashcart (if you don't).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Read this guide to get CFW working. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ You can't update to 9.2 until you have it working. And CIA games are always safe online.

Are you freekin kidding me?!?? All my 3DS backups can go on my SD card? No need for a flash card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious