• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

DoctorKitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've been stuck on this for like a week now so I figure it's about time I ask for help with this. I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but here goes!

I followed this guide to downgrade my 3DS and set up EmuNAND and all that fun stuff, and it seemed to be working just fine until I tried to install a CIA file through FBI. All of my games and icons and such disappeared, but they can still be run through the Homebrew Launcher. Every time I try to install another CIA file it gives me an error (It says "SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)" and the description is <unknown> (0x1)). I restored a backup of the emuNAND I made after I first got it working and the apps still work the first time you launch something, but then everything disappears again the next time I go back to the home menu.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or not, but trying to access the EShop gives me a 007-0200 error and I've been trying to figure that out as well. It was giving me this error before the update today, but if I update and try to get into the shop it doesn't fix anything. I tried switching everything over to a different SD card, but that didn't help anything.

So, right now I have FBI injected into the Health and Safety app since the icon for the CIA of it I installed also disappeared, but I still can't seem to do anything with it. I'm on a New 3DS with 9.2 sysNAND with 10.3 emuNAND using ReiNAND. Can anyone help me out?

kehusmaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I just downgraded my New 3DS XL to 9.2 and I'm completely clueless as to what I should do next...should I be looking at installing cakes cfw or rxtools or pasta cfw? Or..should I just wait for a better CFW to come out? What is my best bet for installing CIA's and emulators? Thanks so much I did alot of reading but there's too many options. hacking my ps3 was kindergarten compared to this as there was only one cfw at the time... this seems like a headache.

Emulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello again,

Can someone point me in the right direction for installing hbl on 9.4.0-10 u o3dsxl . i tried browser hax but keep getting error.. (STARTER PACK unzipped and installed, use smea link.)

what im trying to do is downgrade from 9.4 to 9.2 unless im able to do something else..

anyway thanks to anyone that can help me out!!

i know 10.4 is out but if anyone can help thanks

Last edited by Emulator,

madmax2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Once 10.4 comes out, does it mean e-shop is no longer accessible if we on 10.3 emunand?

Is there any games or apps we should get before this happens?

Is there any games that need e-shop access at least once, in order to play it?

===

What is the safest way to uninstall CIA games?

Last edited by madmax2,

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once 10.4 comes out, does it mean e-shop is no longer accessible if we on 10.3 emunand?

===

First, yes, 10.4 will break your eShop access. Depending on what CFW you're using, you can update to 10.4 right now and continue using the eShop as normal (check here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-10-4-is-safe-on-reinand-gw-loses-multirom.410962/#post-5991425). If not, wait for an update to come out for your CFW, and you're good to go. I'm not sure of anything that requires eShop access once to work (and updates/dlc can be acquired in .CIA form).
To safely uninstall cias, I believe the best way to do is it through emunand data management, but only with unlinked nands.

Cheers,
Ace

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

===

According the current reports, e-shop may be blocked on N3DS, O3DS is fine. browser version was updated on N3DS, so we need a new spoofer for that.

Nothing that you need eshop to play. If anything, you can get the CIA version and be fine. yes, that includes patches and dlc.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According the current reports, e-shop may be blocked on N3DS, O3DS is fine. browser version was updated on N3DS, so we need a new spoofer for that.

Nothing that you need eshop to play. If anything, you can get the CIA version and be fine. yes, that includes patches and dlc.
Anyone tried downgrading the web browser on n3ds then tried launching it to see if you get a update message like with ironfall/ironhax? Just curious if that would work.

ext23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my N3DS is japanese; could i use a japanese version of ocarina of time/cubic ninja to run the gateway exploit? will this allow me to run ROMs from different regions?

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I'm going to install emuNAND on a downgraded 9.2 o3DS.

The tutorial I follow formats the console because it says it unlinks the NANDS.

I just need to know, what happens to the NNID? Is it still there after formatting the 3DS?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to install emuNAND on a downgraded 9.2 o3DS.

The tutorial I follow formats the console because it says it unlinks the NANDS.

I just need to know, what happens to the NNID? Is it still there after formatting the 3DS?
No, as after each system format, the NNID is no longer connected to the 3DS.
You just have to log back into your NNID 3DS again afterwords, possibly after upgrading your emuNAND.

Note: when you unlink emuNAND from the sysNAND, your 3DS now think the emuNAND as another 3DS. As if you have 2 3DS, but on computer (similar to a PC, but windows partician)

After unlinking, you can ignore your Sysnand, and focuse on your emunand.

You may have to formate the emunand again if you get an error as only the sysnand is unlinked, not the emunand.

Remember to back up your NAND via emunand tool 1.0.1

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
No, as after each system format, the NNID is no longer connected to the 3DS.
You just have to log back into your NNID 3DS again afterwords, possibly after upgrading your emuNAND.

Note: when you unlink emuNAND from the sysNAND, your 3DS now think the emuNAND as another 3DS. As if you have 2 3DS, but on computer (similar to a PC, but windows partician)

After unlinking, you can ignore your Sysnand, and focuse on your emunand.

You may have to formate the emunand again if you get an error as only the sysnand is unlinked, not the emunand.

Remember to back up your NAND via emunand tool 1.0.1

Thanks for the reply.
I just really needed to know, as I if I get another 3DS, I will simply link my NNID to that one, as I don't see an use for the eshop once you are running emuNAND.

And yes, the tutorial I'm following exactly tells us that, after formatting the SD to prepare the emuNAND (while still on sysNAND 9.2) we do a backup of the NAND with that Gateway program.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my N3DS is japanese; could i use a japanese version of ocarina of time/cubic ninja to run the gateway exploit? will this allow me to run ROMs from different regions?

Yes and yes if you have Gateway Red

SpeedyUk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a stand alone winner in the gateway market? I am running 10.3 on a 3DSXL?

So don't want to purchase a dud.

Any comments appreciated - Regards Speedy

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Hmm, so I need to extract the save file of an installed game (Animal crossing)

How can I extract it so I can put it back later when I reinstall AC on emuNAND?

The save manager app is apparently only for retail carts.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I want to delete the update data for Smash Bros (1.1.2) so I can start updatig it from the eShop. But I can't find what the code/name of it is so I can delete it in BBM. Does anyone know what it's called or a website that lists cia names?

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so eh, i just want to be sure.

i have to upgrade the firmware to 10.4 INSIDE reinand 10.3 correct?

And when i do so, will i lose my installed CIA's or not?

biku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
I've downgrade mi New 3DS XL and now I have an unlinked emunand with my NID (I formatted the sysnand), and I am not able to play my Ambassador GBA Games.
I've read that they have to be installed in the sysnand as well but I have no clue of how to do it (I tried to inject fbi in health safety on sysnand but didn't work).

¿What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1