• Start date
  • Views 4,553,970
  • Replies 53,804
  • Likes 43

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Buying 2DS and just want to one query and get two quick confirmations.

1) If you can exploit everything through SDcard what are people using flash cards for?

2) 10.4-10.6 Cannot be downgraded, no exploits

3) 10.3 and lower are wide open and exploitable, no need for anything lower.

1- Full plug and play online updates, the lot (with Sky+) I dont know about Gateway?

2- I think you can get HBL on 10.4/5 but not D/G or CFW without hardmod.

3- Yes.

Reactions: jimbo13

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country

1) If you can exploit everything through SDcard what are people using flash cards for?

1) It will always be easier to drop a file on a flashcart and play.

2) There is a way to downgrade, but you need a hardmod. Without it, you can't.

3) On 10.3, you can install legit cias and use homebrew. If you want more than that, you need 9.2 or less

edit: :ninja:

Last edited by Arubaro,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see 3 confirmations....
1) As above said, Also, flashcarts were around before CFW, so it has a name built up.
2) Answered by earlier poster
3) While it is true it is exploitable, I wouldn't say 100%. Downgrading may fail, leading to brick or frankfirmware (where it thinks it 9.2, but some parts of the firmware is still 10.3).

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
What specifically can you do on 9.2 that can't be done on 10.3?
You can install non-signed cias (like dumped games that doesn't exist as legit) and cias made by the comunity (cia versions of .3dsx homebrew)

You can also set up a CFW that can be updated and hence, you can have access to eshop

Last edited by Arubaro,

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RX Tool question. I can't get RXtool's code.bin to load at all.

I am currently on 5.1 3DS and I am trying to get it to 9.2. I don't have any 9.2 3DS carts so I'm trying to follow some guides to get it to that firmware.

So far this is what I did:

1. Used Decrypt9WIP and placed decrypt9.bin and launcher.dat on the root of my SD
2. Ran http://go.gateway-3ds.com on 3ds browser
3. Dumped the hs.app, injected sysupdater.cia and then injected it back
4. Downloaded RXtool Nightly build 83afbb6
5. Ran o3ds_cdn_download.py and copied the firmware folder to the RXtool and the copied that folder to the root of the SD
6. Opened https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin

And that's where the story ends because no matter how many times I tried, the browser spits me out to the home page with "an error has occured" message. Sliderhax does the same so I'm not sure where it went wrong.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question, is there an up to date post on serial/firmwares any info on how aggressive Gamestop is on their updating the systems. Cyan has this info on page 1 I'm aware but it's for 2013 and talking about 4.5FW.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
One last question, is there an up to date post on serial/firmwares any info on how aggressive Gamestop is on their updating the systems. Cyan has this info on page 1 I'm aware but it's for 2013 and talking about 4.5FW.

Not as im aware, but if its second-hand just go into the store and say youd like to see the unit, check for marks, then just power on and go into settings.

P

PaiiNSteven

So, I got the A9LH.3dsx for the hb launcher, but forgot one key part; what does it actually do when I open it?
What should I expect, so I dont do anything stupid?

DoctorKitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have what's probably a stupid question, but I couldn't find much info. Is there any way to do a system transfer from an English 3DS to a Japanese one? I'm going to set up the Japanese one with emuNAND and all that fun stuff, but the English one is too far updated for any of that. If nothing else, is there any sort of hack that could change the language to English?

Mikkis2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok i got a N3DS XL on 9.0.0-20E wit reiNAND, fbi and homebrew atm.. how do i make my reiNAND 10.6 now? So i got a 9.0 sysnand and 10.6 reinand?

P

PaiiNSteven

Ok i got a N3DS XL on 9.0.0-20E wit reiNAND, fbi and homebrew atm.. how do i make my reiNAND 10.6 now? So i got a 9.0 sysnand and 10.6 reinand?
Go into emunand and go into the settings app in the emunand. Then upgrade as normal.

Ivo

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello, i have a problem with my o3DS XL when trying to go online, in any game it freezes, it happens just when trying to go online, any ideas?

Specifications:
-Old 3ds xl NTSC-U
-rxtools 3.0
-sysnand 9.2
-emunand 10.6
-sd 16gb sandisk ultra

I tried to play MH4 online with my sky3ds, but I couldn't, it freezes in the loading screen as every game when trying to go online, maybe it's somethig with the emunand or my nintendo id, what should I do?

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a question, I want play multiregion games in my new3ds firm 10.5 I have installed the homebrew channel with the region free launcher but at moment don't have game cart to test.

I can launch all games of all regions? or region free launcher is the same than the regionthree with limit of games? the 3d effect works well?

I want especially play majoras mask usa in Europe console, thanks!!

pooshooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so here i am back again, i got my 3ds downgraded and installed cfw by some guy i met but i used a stock 4gb sd card so the guy gave me 8gb for free.

now my question:

is it possible for me to transfer the emunand or the files on the sd card into a bigger one ie my 32gb card or 64 gb card?

pokemon / fire emblem fates are so big ._. 3.6~gb total

Last edited by pooshooter,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
so here i am back again, i got my 3ds downgraded and installed cfw by some guy i met but i used a stock 4gb sd card so the guy gave me 8gb for free.

now my question:

is it possible for me to transfer the emunand or the files on the sd card into a bigger one ie my 32gb card or 64 gb card?
Yes, you only need to make a backup of your emunand, back up your SD card, create a new emunand on your new SD card and once done, reinject your emunand backup into this brand new emunand and paste back your SD backup in your new SD card too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PKZFk5t3czs?si=3dVwkJCJO75a-qYv