• Views 4,543,419
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.. My 3ds is asking for an update..
I am on 10.7 N3ds aureinand a9lh cfw sysnand..
Any1 tried updating it yet??
There's no new update according to Nintendo's site and just a feeling that there isn't. Some title on your 3ds is downgraded to a lower fw probably and your 3ds is picking that up.

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, I'm new and I just followed this great tutorial to install AuReiNAND on my n3DS, and everything went fine but there are a lot of things that I would like to know:
  1. Can I update my console from the settings or I should avoid it in the future? Can I download updates from games by the eShop? And to eventually update AuReiNAND I just have to overwrite the old files on the MicroSD with the new ones?
  2. The guide told me to install FBI 1.4.17, should I update it to the latest version or leave it be? (and why?) And if I have to update it (as any other homebrew like Decrypt9WIP etc) I just overwrite the old files with the new ones?
  3. I have used 3DS Simple CIA converter to convert some .3ds files in .cia ones, but while using Decrypt9 to get the XORPADs an error message said that I needed the file "slot0x1BKeyX.bin" to get over crypto secure 4, but the process generated the XORPADs anyway, and I used that to make the .cia files. Are now those .cia corrupted/have some problems? Now I added "slot0x1BKeyX.bin" to the MicroSD, should I generate the XORPADs again? And I need any more files other than the 4 .bin files?
Thank you.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I'm new and I just followed this great tutorial to install AuReiNAND on my n3DS, and everything went fine but there are a lot of things that I would like to know:
  1. Can I update my console from the settings or I should avoid it in the future? Can I download updates from games by the eShop? And to eventually update AuReiNAND I just have to overwrite the old files on the MicroSD with the new ones?
  2. The guide told me to install FBI 1.4.17, should I update it to the latest version or leave it be? (and why?) And if I have to update it (as any other homebrew like Decrypt9WIP etc) I just overwrite the old files with the new ones?
  3. I have used 3DS Simple CIA converter to convert some .3ds files in .cia ones, but while using Decrypt9 to get the XORPADs an error message said that I needed the file "slot0x1BKeyX.bin" to get over crypto secure 4, but the process generated the XORPADs anyway, and I used that to make the .cia files. Are now those .cia corrupted/have some problems? Now I added "slot0x1BKeyX.bin" to the MicroSD, should I generate the XORPADs again? And I need any more files other than the 4 .bin files?
Thank you.
1. Yes to all.
2. Install the latest version of FBI to emunand. It has a few more features.
3. Not sure sorry.

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What part of the a9lh setup did you brick on?
I had already installed a9lh once before and made a rookie mistake. Since I already had my OTP, I thought i could just restore a backup and tie it to a9lh with OTPhelper, but I didn't go through the whole downgrade process and setup again. So I think my sysNAND needs a9lh to function, but I missed actually installing it.

It's actually really embarrassing what a dumb mistake that was, in retrospect.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had already installed a9lh once before and made a rookie mistake. Since I already had my OTP, I thought i could just restore a backup and tie it to a9lh with OTPhelper, but I didn't go through the whole downgrade process and setup again. So I think my sysNAND needs a9lh to function, but I missed actually installing it.

It's actually really embarrassing what a dumb mistake that was, in retrospect.
You wouldn't have to do the whole downgrade process again. You already had your OTP you could have recompiled the a9lh installer or just used the installer you already made.

Do you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card?

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. Yes to all.
2. Install the latest version of FBI to emunand. It has a few more features.
3. Not sure sorry.

Thank you for the very fast answer. I don't completely get what do you mean by installing FBI to emunand, I was thinking of using this guide to inject it in the Safety & Health app. Is it the correct way to go or there are more simple/efficient methods?

EDIT: I did it injecting in the H&S and it worked, but the icon in the home is the H&S one now and not the FBI one. But it works so it's fine. Anyway I'm still looking for the 3rd quesiton of my original post, if anyone knows is welcome, thank you.

Last edited by Gudradan,

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wouldn't have to do the whole downgrade process again. You already had your OTP you could have recompiled the a9lh installer or just used the installer you already made.

Do you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card?
Yep. Here's exactly what I did:

1: Followed all instructions perfectly, got OTP, had working A9LH with AuReiNAND.
2: Realized that (either by their design or mistake) the CFW sysNAND I had was not connected to my NNID, and didn't have all my stuff.
3:Tried other NAND backups until I found the right one.
4: Realized I no longer had A9LH (the buttons held at the beginning did nothing, it didn't say "Sys" in System Settings), and I was on stock 10.7 FW.
5: Downgraded to 9.2.
6: Installed HomeMenuHax again.
7: Used OTPHelper to install that same FW with the A9LH patch.
8: Discovered brick; black screen

It's black screens, the SD card removed does nothing, and the test arm9loaderhax.bin that's supposed to turn the console off when you press a button does nothing. I can't boot into anything with any buttons held (including Decrypt9 or recovery mode).

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Here's exactly what I did:

1: Followed all instructions perfectly, got OTP, had working A9LH with AuReiNAND.
2: Realized that (either by their design or mistake) the CFW sysNAND I had was not connected to my NNID, and didn't have all my stuff.
3:Tried other NAND backups until I found the right one.
4: Realized I no longer had A9LH (the buttons held at the beginning did nothing, it didn't say "Sys" in System Settings), and I was on stock 10.7 FW.
5: Downgraded to 9.2.
6: Installed HomeMenuHax again.
7: Used OTPHelper to install that same FW with the A9LH patch.
8: Discovered brick; black screen

It's black screens, the SD card removed does nothing, and the test arm9loaderhax.bin that's supposed to turn the console off when you press a button does nothing. I can't boot into anything with any buttons held (including Decrypt9 or recovery mode).
Yeah, you broke it and really over thought your problem. Hardmod it is. Good luck.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thank you for the very fast answer. I don't completely get what do you mean by installing FBI to emunand, I was thinking of using this guide to inject it in the Safety & Health app. Is it the correct way to go or there are more simple/efficient methods?

EDIT: I did it injecting in the H&S and it worked, but the icon in the home is the H&S one now and not the FBI one. But it works so it's fine. Anyway I'm still looking for the 3rd quesiton of my original post, if anyone knows is welcome, thank you.
You need to have slot0x1BKeyX.bin in your root at least once when booting into Decrypt9WIP (Hold Start)
After that you can just delete it(although 16 bytes won't hurt) and it shouldn't ask for it again. If it does, try a newer version of D9WIP if there is.
So yeah you should re-generate the xorpads

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You need to have slot0x1BKeyX.bin in your root at least once when booting into Decrypt9WIP (Hold Start)
After that you can just delete it(although 16 bytes won't hurt) and it shouldn't ask for it again. If it does, try a newer version of D9WIP if there is.
So yeah you should re-generate the xorpads

Thank you.

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I have a little help with Sunshell? I installed the .cia but it crashes and reboots my 3DS. Where am I supposed to put files (and what files do I need)?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK. I noticed that the audio player only plays .wav and .ogg. Can I add something to make it play .mp3?

Unless you are a good programmer, you'd have to wait for the developer to release support for .mp3 files. You can convert them to .wav and .ogg yourself.

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you are a good programmer, you'd have to wait for the developer to release support for .mp3 files. You can convert them to .wav and .ogg yourself.
OK, a few questions here (I hope I'm not becoming bothersome :) ). I'm using a Mac (I have access to Windows). Can I convert multiple .mp3's at once, or do I have to go one at a time? And will I lose quality (ignoring the 3DS's speakers)?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
OK, a few questions here (I hope I'm not becoming bothersome :) ). I'm using a Mac (I have access to Windows). Can I convert multiple .mp3's at once, or do I have to go one at a time? And will I lose quality (ignoring the 3DS's speakers)?
It all depends on the program you use and the settings

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, my noob question for you all, also thanks to everyone who've been helping people like me,

• Is it possible to swap from rxTools to AuiReiNand whilst keeping all my installed stuff on the current emuNAND shifted onto AuiReiNands?
  • If so, how would I go about doing this?
  • I don't want to lose anything essentially so I plan to backup my sd card/sysNAND - EmuNAND
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3