• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I got myself a New Nintendo 3DS XL... And I'm having a hard time deciding how I want to have my 3DS consoles set up.
I have the following:
3DS-4.5.0-10E
3DS-9.2.0-20E
3DSXL-9.4.0-21E - Has the 20 ambassador games (GBA&NES)+ other eShop titles.
N3DSXL-10.7.0-32E

What can I do with these? I know 4.5 can run most flash carts, right? But is that better than any of the options with the newer firmwares?

I have OoT3D and Cubic Ninja. Are those exploits good options?

Is there any way I can do a system transfer between the N3DSXL and the old XL in an emulated NAND state (so that basically both XL consoles end up having the ambassador and eshop stuff)?

My dream outcome would be having the N3DSXL with all the ambassador+eShop stuff, have the ability to download new eShop titles, play online, play backups and have a Homebrew Channel (if that even exists on 3DS? Thought I saw a YouTube video back in like 2012 which featured a HBC, but I never found out if it was fake or not). Is that even possible?

What are my options?

Your dream is achievable! No flashcard or other purchase necessary, other than perhaps larger SD cards.

Your 9.2 system is good to go. Your favorite one you need to get to 9.2.

After that, you can stop there and install MenuHax and an EmuNAND, or you can join the Arm9 LoaderHax Master Race.

This is what everyone here calls "the guide". Have a look.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Reactions: Adrian DX

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi o/ !

Thanks all for your messages for my N3DS. Now that it's done i've two questions :
1) Can I go on the e-shop easily ? Like in a normal N3DS ?
2) Which good ftp homebrew can I use (will be used with FileZilla) ? The system of 'FTP' by Nintendo is not good enough ?

Thanks o/

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi o/ !

Thanks all for your messages for my N3DS. Now that it's done i've two questions :
1) Can I go on the e-shop easily ? Like in a normal N3DS ?
2) Which good ftp homebrew can I use (will be used with FileZilla) ? The system of 'FTP' by Nintendo is not good enough ?

Thanks o/
1) Yes, you can still go on the eshop just like a normal N3DS.
2) FTPD or FTP-GMX, think they're basically the same, with FTP-GMX being a fork of it. As for Nintendo's "FTP," guess you mean mSD Management, which is Windows only, so if that's not an issue, you could use that and see if it works well enough for your needs.

Reactions: Arubaro

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay thanks o/ !
I've a secondary PC with Windows in order to do stuff like that faster, so i'll try with the Micro SD Management thanks o/

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Following the Plailect guide, at the Part 4 section 2, step 11 and 12
11. If you encounter an error at any point during the downgrade, restore your RedNAND backup from emuNAND_formatted.bin using OTPHelper through the Homebrew Menu on SysNAND. Afterwards, you can retry the downgrade on RedNAND, restoring from backup whenever it fails until it goes through successfully. This downgrade process can take many many tries in some situations, just keep trying until it works

12. RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)

Are we supposed to let the RedNAND brick?

(BTW im using an N3DS)

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
So, if you don't have any error after downgrading to 2.1, you'll not be able to boot on RedNAND (if you are doing this with a N3DS) it's okay.
The next steps correct this so it's logic (but you'll have to cross fingers when the 2.1 RedNAND will be copyied to the SysNAND in order to get the OTP)

I've a question : Is there any way to add themes in a proper way (i mean i'd like to add themes but they can appear on the theme menu)
Thanks o/

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
So, if you don't have any error after downgrading to 2.1, you'll not be able to boot on RedNAND (if you are doing this with a N3DS) it's okay.
The next steps correct this so it's logic (but you'll have to cross fingers when the 2.1 RedNAND will be copyied to the SysNAND in order to get the OTP)

I've a question : Is there any way to add themes in a proper way (i mean i'd like to add themes but they can appear on the theme menu)
Thanks o/
I think there is a tool called howling or something like that, that let you build cias with themes, so you only need to install the cia

Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I saw the Howling tool, I thought it was the only solution
But installing a .cia theme will simply work ? I'm gonna check that o/

Thanks !

G0rril4z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I'm totally new to 3DS so... I have a feel questions. What I want is: Play 'backup 3DS games', play online/eshop without the risk of been banned and play with emulators on NEW 3DS.

1- What is the best way to do so, a SKY3ds blue buttom? Rxtools? What else?
2- Which firmware is recommended?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following the Plailect guide, at the Part 4 section 2, step 11 and 12
11. If you encounter an error at any point during the downgrade, restore your RedNAND backup from emuNAND_formatted.bin using OTPHelper through the Homebrew Menu on SysNAND. Afterwards, you can retry the downgrade on RedNAND, restoring from backup whenever it fails until it goes through successfully. This downgrade process can take many many tries in some situations, just keep trying until it works

12. RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)

Are we supposed to let the RedNAND brick?

(BTW im using an N3DS)

During the downgrade to 2.1, if you encounter any error, you must restore your RedNAND backup from emuNAND_formatted.bin. Don't continue if you get an error. The brick they talk about on step 12 refers to how 2.1 wasn't available on N3DS systems as such, even a successful downgrade is a brick on N3DS. OTPHelper's "One Click Setup" automatically unbricks it for N3DS systems, prior to that, people had to do it manually. This is explained somewhat in the OTP info page's last paragraph found here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,
Reactions: Arubaro

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Good pm, I restored my sysNAND via Decrypt9 a while ago to check some things out. Now that I want to restore back my sysNAND_A9LH, Decrypt9 gave me an error.

FIRM0 section2 hash mismatch
FIRM0 is corrupted
NAND Restore: Failed!

Please Help. Thanks

EDIT: Fixed it already, just rerun the safea9lhinstaller and restored sysnand-a9lh via decrypt9. Error still appeared by restoration continued stating that the error is expected with a9lh.

Last edited by annson24,

JayDz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you are between versions 10.6.0 and 10.7.0 you need a specific game to get homebrew menu. If u are at 10.5.0 or below you need nothing extra to buy.
Follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am a complete noob to all this, I heard that indeed I need another game on 10.7, all New 3DS XL will come with 10.7 I suppose? Its the easiest to just buy a sky3ds then for me?

Thanks for ur information

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Nop, actually N3DS XL comes out with a 9.5+ firmware but generally it's not more than 10.0
I've bought a N3DS 2 days ago, 9.6.0, a N3DS XL some months ago, 9.6
Just luck, but if you have the bad luck to have a recent firmware you have to buy OOT + Powersave (more cheaper than a card)

JayDz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nop, actually N3DS XL comes out with a 9.5+ firmware but generally it's not more than 10.0
I've bought a N3DS 2 days ago, 9.6.0, a N3DS XL some months ago, 9.6
Just luck, but if you have the bad luck to have a recent firmware you have to buy OOT + Powersave (more cheaper than a card)

So if i order one and it comes with 9.6 i can play roms for free with homebrew/cia and if its 10.7 i should get sky3ds?

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have formatted my sysNAND to separate it from the emuNAND, but since i injected the FBI over the H&S app on sysNAND on the past, now the H&S app is not there, meaning that the CTRNAND is fragmented. Now this is my situation: I'm going to switch SD card in the future, and since i'm still using MenuHax, i need to configure the new SD to create the emuNAND partition. And since formatting the SD card to create the emuNAND partition means to do an exact copy of the sysNAND (meaning that the sysNAND is being readed in the process), i have this question:

If the CTRNAND is fragmented, there's a risk of sysNAND lecture error on the process of formatting the SD, or something akin to that?

I know how to defrag the CTRNAND, but i don't have enough free space on the SD to do it. (Seriously, i'm using a 2GB SD, which i can only use 600MB given MenuHax + EmuNAND partition)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Caller -"Everytime I start a Pc game on my S24, playing on a external monitor, someone calls or...