• Views 4,541,944
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
However, may I ask why you don't have an autoboot setup? Most of the old guides mentioned how to do this and suggested it. I wouldn't recommend A9LH if you're one to rush things, as the guide for newbies can be quite long. I personally take 1-2 hours to do it now, but first timers can take anywhere from 2 to 8 hours. I took 3-4~ hours on my first run btw. Also, I hope I didn't come of as mean or anything.

Ofcourse you can ask :)
I had the Autoboot, but because I use CHMM2 with the Shuffle Option it always overwrite my Autoboot so I removed it.
Thank You, I will read the guide and try it out. Because I am already on 9.2 I can just start at Part 2 Step 18, right?

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
That payload is for Menuhax, which relies on the 9.2 sysNAND. Because you should never update sysNAND, changing//renaming the payload does not apply to him. If he installs the Homebrew Launcher on his redNAND though, he'll need to download the payload for that.

Haha we're really stupids X_X
Sorry for disturbing ! and Thanks <3

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I unlink my SysNAND and RedNAND if I have arm9loaderhax? I can't figure it out.

I want to keep my SysNAND, if possible. (The RedNAND was recently made, it's not as important)

Last edited by PF2M,

shengoro86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide will result in you having A9LH+CFW Sysnand. A9LH basically would allow you to flash a working sysnand backup if you ever brick your sysnand, as A9LH works before sysnand boots. There is basically no need for sysnand//emunand split on an A9LH setup, unless you want to for whatever reason you decide on.

Thanks for your help!
I followed the guide to a T and I got A9LH with Luma3DS working great. Installed some CIAs and all is well.
Took about 5 and a half hours on the NTSC New3DSXL since I worked very carefully but is super worth it.
Only failure occured was with the 9.2x downgrade since the exploit is unstable but the program was smart enough to only install the remaining files on the second attempt.
2 follow up questions:
1. That Girl's Mode game still results in a black screen. Could be a busted cart unless I forgot to configure something in L3DS. Ill grab another import to test.
2. Seems that Custom Home Menu Manager can't apply a custom theme. Tried 4 different themes and tried as well after switching themes to generate any SD card files needed. Not sure if its Luma3DS' patches acting wonky or not. Any advice? I tried searching around.

Last edited by shengoro86,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ofcourse you can ask :)
I had the Autoboot, but because I use CHMM2 with the Shuffle Option it always overwrite my Autoboot so I removed it.
Thank You, I will read the guide and try it out. Because I am already on 9.2 I can just start at Part 2 Step 18, right?
That's correct! Start from there. :)

Haha we're really stupids X_X
Sorry for disturbing ! and Thanks <3
Better to ask, then to mess up your setup! So don't worry. :)

How do I unlink my SysNAND and RedNAND if I have arm9loaderhax? I can't figure it out.

I want to keep my SysNAND, if possible. (The RedNAND was recently made, it's not important)
Install the TinyFormat.cia onto your redNAND, and format your redNAND like that, this should unlink your nands.

Thanks for your help!
I followed the guide to a T and I got A9LH with Luma3DS working great. Installed some CIAs and all is well.
Took about 5 and a half hours on the NTSC New3DSXL since I worked very carefully but is super worth it.
2 follow up questions:
1. That Girl's Mode game still results in a black screen. Could be a busted cart unless I forgot to configure something in L3DS. Ill grab another import to test.
2. Seems that Custom Home Menu Manager can't apply a custom theme. Tried 4 different themes and tried as well after switching themes to generate any SD card files needed. Not sure if its Luma3DS' patches acting wonky or not. Any advice? I tried searching around.
1. In the Luma3DS configuration screen, did you setup Enable region//language emulation? You'll have to set this up for Girl's Mode to work, from testing I did on this game.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
2. Are you using CHHM2? I use it just fine.
HNI_0003.JPG
HNI_0006.JPG
However, I use the Homebrew Launcher option, as the .cia version gave me trouble when I was using it, though probably just user error on my part lol.

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Other than using a powersave or another 3ds with hbl is there any other way to inject oothax save onto the card?
I have 2 3ds systems 1 is a O3ds on 10.6 the other is a N3ds on 10.7
I have searched around and get mixed answers but no 100%

shengoro86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. In the Luma3DS configuration screen, did you setup Enable region//language emulation? You'll have to set this up for Girl's Mode to work, from testing I did on this game.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
2. Are you using CHHM2? I use it just fine. However, I use the Homebrew Launcher option, as the .cia version gave me trouble when I was using it, though probably just user error on my part lol.

1. Yup I tried that. Still a black screen even though the title of the game is picked up in the home menu.
2. Yup, I am using the latest version running from the homebrew launcher. Weird that it doesn't work. The themes show up fine in the preview. So I am not sure what went wrong. One of them was made by a friend, the others were from https://3dsthem.es/

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the TinyFormat.cia onto your redNAND, and format your redNAND like that, this should unlink your nands.
It formatted both NANDs, and they're still linked. The only things remaining are my DSiWare CIAs, SaveDataFiler, and Tiny Format, because they were all installed to the NAND. Should I try formatting the SysNAND, or will that break A9LH?

(And also, don't feel bad about the fact that I just lost all my CIAs. I can reinstall them. Just saying)

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than using a powersave or another 3ds with hbl is there any other way to inject oothax save onto the card?
I have 2 3ds systems 1 is a O3ds on 10.6 the other is a N3ds on 10.7
I have searched around and get mixed answers but no 100%

You need another 3DS with HBL access or Powersaves to get the oot3dhax save payload onto your carted copy. There is no free way to do it on 10.6 or 10.7.

1. Yup I tried that. Still a black screen even though the title of the game is picked up in the home menu.
2. Yup, I am using the latest version running from the homebrew launcher. Weird that it doesn't work. The themes show up fine in the preview. So I am not sure what went wrong. One of them was made by a friend, the others were from https://3dsthem.es/
1. Did you create a locales folder inside the luma folder, and make a txt document with the game's title id, and in the txt document, did you write: JPN JP. If you have done this all, then I don't know what the problem could be.
2. If using Shuffle, did you setup Shuffle in the Home Menu, just set it up there, and select all the default themes, then in CHMM2 select the themes you want, then once that's done you need to press X, and it should say something along the lines of "installing shuffle themeset" at the bottom, once that's done, you can exit out, and it should be done.

It formatted both NANDs, and they're still linked. The only things remaining are my DSiWare CIAs, SaveDataFiler, and Tiny Format, because they were all installed to the NAND. Should I try formatting the SysNAND, or will that break A9LH?

(And also, don't feel bad about the fact that I just lost all my CIAs. I can reinstall them. Just saying)
Ah... I think you needed to have formatted the redNAND twice to have them unlinked. I'm sorry about that. It's mentioned in the A9LH guide, why you would want to format twice. Though I'm not sure if it applies to you.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
In the overview of the steps it goes into details as to why formatting twice is done, again, not sure if it's the same in your situation

Also, the only way to break A9LH or remove it, is to flash a pre-A9LH backup through Decrypt9, so formatting, either by TinyFormat or through System Settings should not affect this at all.

Reactions: PF2M

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the loop for a while so I thought I'd check into anything new happening.

I have a 3dsxl with some kind of cfw on it that works fine so I'm not worried about anything there.

It launches via RxTools, which has always been kind of wonky. I have to reset my 3ds 3-4 times on occasion to get it to boot to the cfw. Is there anything I can do now to make that more consistent/better?

All I do is play installed cias. Is there any reason I should look into any of the newer or updated cfws?

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah... I think you needed to have formatted the redNAND twice to have them unlinked. I'm sorry about that. It's mentioned in the A9LH guide, why you would want to format twice. Though I'm not sure if it applies to you.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
In the overview of the steps it goes into details as to why formatting twice is done, again, not sure if it's the same in your situation

Also, the only way to break A9LH or remove it, is to flash a pre-A9LH backup through Decrypt9, so formatting, either by TinyFormat or through System Settings should not affect this at all.
I tried formatting again, and not only were they unlinked, but all my CIAs came back on SysNAND. Thank you!

(Also, a weird side effect: my RedNAND has an FBI banner over H&S Information, even though I reset it a while ago. Nothing harmful about that, just wanted to share.)

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm at my Wit's End... following this A9LH guide I've been on my N3DS's RedNAND trying to perform the 2.1.0 downgrade and it constantly fails. I'm growing impatient from it.
So I want to understand something: if I chose to system transfer from my O3DS EmuNAND to the N3DS RedNAND then later want to switch to use A9LH (dropping MenuHax) how would I go about converting my RedNAND to the N3DS A9LH SysNAND?

shengoro86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need another 3DS with HBL access or Powersaves to get the oot3dhax save payload onto your carted copy. There is no free way to do it on 10.6 or 10.7.

1. Did you create a locales folder inside the luma folder, and make a txt document with the game's title id, and in the txt document, did you write: JPN JP. If you have done this all, then I don't know what the problem could be.
2. If using Shuffle, did you setup Shuffle in the Home Menu, just set it up there, and select all the default themes, then in CHMM2 select the themes you want, then once that's done you need to press X, and it should say something along the lines of "installing shuffle themeset" at the bottom, once that's done, you can exit out, and it should be done.

1. AHH I did not do that! I just assumed the CFW removed the region check entirely. I will do this tonight.
2. Not using shuffle, just trying to apply a single theme. It said installing theme at the bottom but it just never shows up from both a reboot from quitting CHHM back into HBL, or just quitting HBL back into the home menu.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the loop for a while so I thought I'd check into anything new happening.

I have a 3dsxl with some kind of cfw on it that works fine so I'm not worried about anything there.

It launches via RxTools, which has always been kind of wonky. I have to reset my 3ds 3-4 times on occasion to get it to boot to the cfw. Is there anything I can do now to make that more consistent/better?

All I do is play installed cias. Is there any reason I should look into any of the newer or updated cfws?
CTRBootManager or BootCTR might help in increase your bootrate if you want to remain on a menuhax+emunand setup.

As for CFW, Rxtools is pretty outdated by now, it's currently being reworked, but I don't know to what extent, though you can find details on it's new progress here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pre-release-wip-yet-another-rxtools.426092/

I would personally suggest Luma3DS though, but again it's your choice.

However, if you want 100% bootrate, you'll need to look into an A9LH setup. Though it can be quite lenghtly and take a good 2-8 hours to setup.
Guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I tried formatting again, and not only were they unlinked, but all my CIAs came back on SysNAND. Thank you!

(Also, a weird side effect: my RedNAND has an FBI banner over H&S Information, even though I reset it a while ago. Nothing harmful about that, just wanted to share.)
You'll need to delete icon cache to fix that. Info here: https://gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=6303996#post-6303996

So I'm at my Wit's End... following this A9LH guide I've been on my N3DS's RedNAND trying to perform the 2.1.0 downgrade and it constantly fails. I'm growing impatient from it.
So I want to understand something: if I chose to system transfer from my O3DS EmuNAND to the N3DS RedNAND then later want to switch to use A9LH (dropping MenuHax) how would I go about converting my RedNAND to the N3DS A9LH SysNAND?
Do you have the the NTR firmware.bin from part 5 into the /luma/ folder? This only applies if your RedNAND is on 11.0.

As for your question, you'd need to start at part 4. This is mentioned in the Get Started section:
"If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that."
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
1. AHH I did not do that! I just assumed the CFW removed the region check entirely. I will do this tonight.
2. Not using shuffle, just trying to apply a single theme. It said installing theme at the bottom but it just never shows up from both a reboot from quitting CHHM back into HBL, or just quitting HBL back into the home menu.
1. It does for most games, but some games and dlc actually require emulation for some reason. Not to sure on the details.
2. That's really odd, not sure what the issue could be sorry. :(

juandiego1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi!.. I am having problems booting a GBA cia on my emunand..
I have o3ds with a9lh on sysnand 9.2 and emunand 11.0 and I have heired that you need to instal the cia and a patch to both sysnand and emunand but I can't access browserhax on sysnand and I would like to know a safe way to install not legit cia to sysnand to evoide a brick.

Rayzark

giooig
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! My problem is: I've 2 R4, the first is the R4 revolution for ds and the second is the R4i v.1.4.1. I installed in my emunand the TWL_FIRM from that iso site, and the R4 stage2 launcher, but both R4 doesn't work. Can anyone help me?

shengoro86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. It does for most games, but some games and dlc actually require emulation for some reason. Not to sure on the details.
2. That's really odd, not sure what the issue could be sorry. :(

1. True true. I'll try it out and report back thanks!
2. It's all good! You have been a huge help so far and i really appreciate it! If I find the issue, ill report it back to Rinnegatamante for documenting.

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the the NTR firmware.bin from part 5 into the /luma/ folder? This only applies if your RedNAND is on 11.0.

As for your question, you'd need to start at part 4. This is mentioned in the Get Started section:
"If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that."
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

I'm on Part 4, Section 2, Step 12; downgrading the RedNAND to 2.1.0 through OTP (v0.87) prompts this image. It's frustrating me. I've retried that step over 20 times. But that's why I'm asking if I can convert my EmuNAND to SysNAND later when I want to use A9LH cause I'm about to drop trying to run A9LH on my N3DS and just return to MenuHax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...