• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

buraot1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, emunand is completely different. Just do a drag and drop to all the files to the other sd card, and you should be good to go.

Would that overwrite the files I currently have in the new sd card? I believe the only folders on my old sd card is the " Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/: is this what i have to drag over?

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would that overwrite the files I currently have in the new sd card? I believe the only folders on my old sd card is the " Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/: is this what i have to drag over?
No, since you have a9lh, you should drag and drop all files from your sd card. No, the files and folders should merge to the new sd card.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there must be something wrong with the SD card. You could update your a9lh to the no-SD-card-needed branch. Then when it doesn't read it fast enough, your console will still boot. I heard reboot patches don't work properly - maybe causing problems when playing DSiWare or GBA games. Do some research and you can decide which is better, buying a new card or updating your a9lh.

I tried a couple of SD cards I have and only the 2 GB card seems to work in order to get the system to boot. This is concerning. Where can I find info on the no-SD-card-needed branch of a9lh?

TheDefend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Original thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/plailect-guide-need-confirmation-noob-first-time-doing-this.439854/
Posted in wrong section, if any admin see it, plz move it to correct section

So originally i have an o3DS that is running 9.7 then downgraded to 9.2
I need confirmation on several steps that i did
Part1: Regarding the decrypt9 thing, i did the thing to get the OTP files while still on ver 9.2, is this the correct thing to do or i need to convert to 2.1 first? (Still get the OTP files, not sure if it's correct or not)

Part2: Followed this to the letter after doing step1

Part3: With the exception to this part "Navigate to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card" that just didn't appear on my sd card when the first time i'm checking it, so basically i finished doing EVERYTHING before deleting one of the files that were required to be deleted. (Installed the US NAND thingie)

and
"Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings" Does this thing telling me to do a system update or what? (Still in 9.2 since it's confusing)

Following all those 3 guides, i'm ended up with the sys 9.2.0-20U

So, am I already in CFW that is using official FW that can be repatched all the time using hourglass9 whenever some softbrick happen or what?
and does this mean i have to get a CIA files and install it with FBI before i can play it?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Original thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/plailect-guide-need-confirmation-noob-first-time-doing-this.439854/
Posted in wrong section, if any admin see it, plz move it to correct section

So originally i have an o3DS that is running 9.7 then downgraded to 9.2
I need confirmation on several steps that i did
Part1: Regarding the decrypt9 thing, i did the thing to get the OTP files while still on ver 9.2, is this the correct thing to do or i need to convert to 2.1 first? (Still get the OTP files, not sure if it's correct or not)

Part2: Followed this to the letter after doing step1

Part3: With the exception to this part "Navigate to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card" that just didn't appear on my sd card when the first time i'm checking it, so basically i finished doing EVERYTHING before deleting one of the files that were required to be deleted. (Installed the US NAND thingie)

and
"Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings" Does this thing telling me to do a system update or what? (Still in 9.2 since it's confusing)

Following all those 3 guides, i'm ended up with the sys 9.2.0-20U

So, am I already in CFW that is using official FW that can be repatched all the time using hourglass9 whenever some softbrick happen or what?
and does this mean i have to get a CIA files and install it with FBI before i can play it?

Press SELECT and boot your console:
Do you open the Luma config screen?

If yes, then you have the A9LH installed. Then update via system settings, no problem.

And yes, you have to get the CIAs, install them with FBI before you use them.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can anyone help me how to install all cias in one folder with fbi? There is an option like that in bigbluemenu and older version of fbi, but I don't know how to do it in new version of fbi.

TheDefend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Press SELECT and boot your console:
Do you open the Luma config screen?

If yes, then you have the A9LH installed. Then update via system settings, no problem.

And yes, you have to get the CIAs, install them with FBI before you use them.
Yes, the one with 4 stuff that the guide tell me check
so A9LH is a CFW that using FW or something that is okay to be update using system update? this is the first time i'm ever seen a CFW that is this weird (at least my experience with psp said so)
but if i update using system update, i'm going to end up with FW11 or something isn't it? the one where every1 keep telling me to AVOID

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, the one with 4 stuff that the guide tell me check
so A9LH is a CFW that using FW or something that is okay to be update using system update? this is the first time i'm ever seen a CFW that is this weird (at least my experience with psp said so)
but if i update using system update, i'm going to end up with FW11 or something isn't it? the one where every1 keep telling me to AVOID

A9LH is a CFW that prevents writing to the firm in NAND which makes it OK to update. You're protected even when new updates from Ninty comes.

BLCKBLuR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so, I am very new to the 3DS scene, I bought a 2DS yesterday pre owned from Gamestop, it happened to have 11.0.0.33 FW, so I returned it today and I bought a BRAND new 2DS, and it has FW 6.0.0-12U. I have never been so happy to see the number 6 in my life lmao. Anyways, I am just trying to figure out exactly what I need to do, in order to upgrade to 9.2. I have been looking ALL over these forums, ando n google, and a few other sites, and I have found ALOT of info, but since I am so new to the whole scene, I am jsut confused because there are so many options to do so many things. Now I have modded many PS2's and many Wii's, so I am not a COMPLETE noob when it comes to all of this stuff, just mainly to 3DS stuff.

So can someone tell me or send me to a post or a page that teaches me how to upgrade to 9.2 FW? So then I can install a CFW? I am trying to get to the point where I can use FBI to run .CIA's from the homescreen, in order to play 3DS backups.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so, I am very new to the 3DS scene, I bought a 2DS yesterday pre owned from Gamestop, it happened to have 11.0.0.33 FW, so I returned it today and I bought a BRAND new 2DS, and it has FW 6.0.0-12U. I have never been so happy to see the number 6 in my life lmao. Anyways, I am just trying to figure out exactly what I need to do, in order to upgrade to 9.2. I have been looking ALL over these forums, ando n google, and a few other sites, and I have found ALOT of info, but since I am so new to the whole scene, I am jsut confused because there are so many options to do so many things. Now I have modded many PS2's and many Wii's, so I am not a COMPLETE noob when it comes to all of this stuff, just mainly to 3DS stuff.

So can someone tell me or send me to a post or a page that teaches me how to upgrade to 9.2 FW? So then I can install a CFW? I am trying to get to the point where I can use FBI to run .CIA's from the homescreen, in order to play 3DS backups.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can anyone help me how to install all cias in one folder with fbi? There is an option like that in bigbluemenu and older version of fbi, but I don't know how to do it in new version of fbi.
Create a folder on SD (name it "CIAs" for example.)

Open FBI and click "A" on "SD" and then again on "CIAs".
Click "A" on "<current directoy>" and a submenu opens where you can select "Install all CIAs" and more...

Reactions: mwahaha

BLCKBLuR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking over that page since last night, ever since before I got the 6.0.0 2DS today lol. I am jsut unsure, I saw the page https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) where it says "
6.0.0 6.3.0 + Decrypt9 (MSET) + Decrypt9 (Browser)", But I am not sure if that is what I am looking for or not. trust me, I have been looking up and down all of the main threads since yesterday, for hours on end. I am just unsure where to start on Plailect's guide if I am trying to upgrade to 9.2. I jsut really do not want to brick my new 2DS.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking over that page since last night, ever since before I got the 6.0.0 2DS today lol. I am jsut unsure, I saw the page https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) where it says "
6.0.0 6.3.0 + Decrypt9 (MSET) + Decrypt9 (Browser)", But I am not sure if that is what I am looking for or not. trust me, I have been looking up and down all of the main threads since yesterday, for hours on end. I am just unsure where to start on Plailect's guide if I am trying to upgrade to 9.2. I jsut really do not want to brick my new 2DS.
Follow the Decrypt9 Browser option for 6.0.0.

BLCKBLuR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the Decrypt9 Browser option for 6.0.0.
So I just took the 2DS out of the box like 2 hours ago, I have done NOTHING to it, but I HAVE formatted my 32 GB SDHC card for Fat32 and 32kb allocation. Now I start with decrypt9, is that correct?

Also, thank you SO much for the quick reply.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just took the 2DS out of the box like 2 hours ago, I have done NOTHING to it, but I HAVE formatted my 32 GB SDHC card for Fat32 and 32kb allocation. Now I start with decrypt9, is that correct?

Also, thank you SO much for the quick reply.
Yep, start with Decrypt9 and go from there. :)

nanashi723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, im planning on downgrading my 11.0 n3ds xl via the dsi hack. to my understanding, i will lose my nnid on my n3d xl since its going to be overwritten by the source system? how can i keep my nnid on my n3dsxl as it is my main account?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk