• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format. I've had it happen fairly frequently.

As for formatting, you can use TinyFormat, I suppose. Or just format and start with a fresh system.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk
I've downgraded 6 consoles now, never formatted before doing so, and never bricked. Though pretty much all of them barely installed anything from eShop, and only one had DSiWare, which was Fieldrunners for 11.0 downgrade.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get NTR to work after updating to 11.1.0. I've tried using the methods in these threads:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-...ort-with-3d-banner.431471/page-8#post-6686891
http://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-11-1-0-34-homemenu-support.441566/page-8#post-6686849
But I can't get it to work. It just says I'm on an unsupported firmware and dumps my home menu info.
I've used the proper ntr.bin, uninstalled and reinstalled every cia in both of those threads, deleted my luma config.bin, setup up luma several times with svc checks patched, and nothing has worked.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get NTR to work after updating to 11.1.0. I've tried using the methods in these threads:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-...ort-with-3d-banner.431471/page-8#post-6686891
http://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-11-1-0-34-homemenu-support.441566/page-8#post-6686849
But I can't get it to work. It just says I'm on an unsupported firmware and dumps my home menu info.
I've used the proper ntr.bin, uninstalled and reinstalled every cia in both of those threads, deleted my luma config.bin, setup up luma several times with svc checks patched, and nothing has worked.
You need to use an 11.0 firmware.bin along with luma-dev to get BootNTR to work properly. It was updated to support 11.1 home menu, but does not yet support 11.1 Native Firm.
The luma wiki contains a FIRM .bins package

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Complete noob question here.

I have Luma3DS (N3DSXL, 6.2.2 dev) 11.1 as an emunand (without al9h) and tried to get BootNTR to work.
I downloaded the 11.0 Nfirm and placed it on luma/firmware.bin. I used the astronautlevel 11.1 BootNTR.cia and installed it. As .bin i used the ntr.bin from NTR 3.4 Preview 2. Opening the BootNTR.cia results in showing it as version 2.4 and gives me an error. What did i do wrong?

(EDIT: As firmware.bin i used one uploaded on that site by TheCyberQuake. Could it be bad firmware.bin?
EDIT2: Used the firmware.bin from the Luma3DS wiki, still the same error. So it got nothing to do with that.)

Last edited by Gekkouga,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I've downgraded 6 consoles now, never formatted before doing so, and never bricked. Though pretty much all of them barely installed anything from eShop, and only one had DSiWare, which was Fieldrunners for 11.0 downgrade.
I've downgraded a large number of them, had it happen a considerable amount of times (5 out of 20 perhaps). Fortunately, 11.0 wasn't out yet at the time.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I read multiple things about MCU bricks, but what is this MCU? There are multiple meanings of MCU, so I don't know.
Something like messing with LEDs can cause an MCU brick. It is not repairable by NAND hardmod.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
With DQ VII being out now, i would rather test it first before buying. How long does it usually take until freshly released titles are available on freeshop?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
With DQ VII being out now, i would rather test it first before buying. How long does it usually take until freshly released titles are available on freeshop?
Someone has to buy it and then dump the key. They then have to add it to the site. After that the person who runs the site adds it. Shouldn't be more than a day or 2 for that game as the decrypted key is already on there. Just needs the site owner to make the encrypted key

Reactions: LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone has to buy it and then dump the key. They then have to add it to the site. After that the person who runs the site adds it. Shouldn't be more than a day or 2 for that game as the decrypted key is already on there. Just needs the site owner to make the encrypted key
Aight, so it pretty much works like any other download portal. Thanks!

SinisterGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question. I have a a9lh cfw. It's 11.1.0 I tried to download the game for steelhax and it says it download but going to my home page it isn't their. Should I use the eshop in homebrew. I'm trying to do a DSiWare downgrade on a N3DS that is also on 11.1.0-34U

kevinorkcTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very noob question. I'm on sysnand 4.2.0-9U and I'm ruuning rxtools and the emunand is RX3D 10.5.0-30U. whenever I try to access my friends list it tells me that a system update is required and I was wondering if there was any way at all to fix this. If there is a sort of simplish way to fix things I would also like to know the pros and cons of said thing. Thanks very much in advance!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question. I have a a9lh cfw. It's 11.1.0 I tried to download the game for steelhax and it says it download but going to my home page it isn't their. Should I use the eshop in homebrew. I'm trying to do a DSiWare downgrade on a N3DS that is also on 11.1.0-34U
You use the eShop to download the game but you go to their website to download the exploit installer. Extract the installer from the zip file, and put the folder in your 3ds folder. Follow the instructions on their website to install the exploit.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a very noob question. I'm on sysnand 4.2.0-9U and I'm ruuning rxtools and the emunand is RX3D 10.5.0-30U. whenever I try to access my friends list it tells me that a system update is required and I was wondering if there was any way at all to fix this. If there is a sort of simplish way to fix things I would also like to know the pros and cons of said thing. Thanks very much in advance!

Switch to Luma3DS and then simply update it through the emunand system settings. Luma3DS doesn't require Al9h and it's really easy to switch. Here is a tutorial. Make sure to check the 'Show Emu string' option when you open it for the first time. Then it'll display your Emunand as Emu [Version].

Cons: None
Pros: Region-free patch, Language Emulation

Last edited by Gekkouga,

kevinorkcTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch to Luma3DS and then simply update it through the emunand system settings. Luma3DS doesn't require Al9h and it's really easy to switch. Here is a tutorial. Make sure to check the 'Show Emu string' option when you open it for the first time. Then it'll display your Emunand as Emu [Version].

Cons: None
Pros: Region-free patch, Language Emulation
thanks so much! I'll definitely be following this guide

Shirako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to buy an n3ds, maybe a bundle with a firmware that doesnt require me to downgrade via the dsi method, what can i buy?

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you use Hans even on latest firmware to patch a game with a translation for example, or did I misunderstand that?

kagamutora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So currently following dsiware downgrade guide with 11.1.0 new3dsxl target and 11.1.0 old3dsxl source that has already been hacked with arm9loaderhax. After following the steps to get steelhax to work before system transferring, i performed the transfer and now when i try to load steel diver it goes to black screen then tells me that it has to restart the system and does not load homebrew loader. I have tried several times to follow the troubleshooting steps but its not working. I even deleted my menuhax folder as described in one video but nothing. Any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...