• Views 4,541,176
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3 i have not dropped any of my 3ds'es before. or, rather, if i did accidentally drop it, it would land on carpet. i am very careful when it comes to holding these anywhere.

i have spillpass activated at the given. i used attwifi as the connection:

other places that supposedly have "free wifi" fail to connect on any of my 3ds'es due to it having either bad connection, a "disclaimer" you need to accept before accessing, or not accepting encrypted connections through anything other than a ios/android. i believe the only place that accepts wifi anywhere would be somewhere that is two hours away by bus rides.

I don't know what spillpass is, but assuming it's streetpass related. Assuming you have no custom DNS settings on your 3DS? We should test the WiFi module itself. You have 2 3DS's, right? Get a game that has download play and see if it'll work. Or attempt to initiate a transfer (local) and see if it works. The WiFi module may have gone.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi guys, i really need your help. My girlfriends 3ds are on ver. 4. with gateway.
So first i updated to version 9.2, than i follow someone tutorial on youtube dated from setember, to backup sysnand , downgrade to firmeware version 2 and install the arm9lh.
So the tutorial told me to choose the option sysnand restore keep a9lh , and then update the console to the last version.
Now that i deed that, the next step is to open again a9lh from eshop icon with the start button, but it doesnt work. =[[[[[[[[[[
Can someone give me some light what is going on? I lost hours and hours to reach that point and nothing....

The only guide you should follow: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki . Open A9LH from the eshop makes 0 sense.

Reactions: Quantumcat

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
@OrGoN3 ( edit #3: and possibly @KunoichiZ )

this will be very difficult to do. the 3ds is japan-region as i mentioned; none of the games i have (region-free or not from the iso site) would work correctly in download play. in usa-regioned games, japanese games would fail wireless communications and vice versa. i have tried this before in the past when i wanted to try to spread the multiplayer on a specific game i also enjoy playing.

region-free games already, like pok emon, does work, as shown here:

IMG_20161013_175240.jpg

(the left side is the japan-regioned 3ds)

i cannot do a local transfer as it requires the internet to load that up at all. i tried the luma updater and it crashed while loading.

spillpass is indeed streetpass related. normally, using it, i would instantly get streetpasses in a matter of 15 seconds - give or take. this used to work on the japan-regioned 3ds but that is not working either; if that helps.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3 ( edit #3: and possibly @KunoichiZ )

this will be very difficult to do. the 3ds is japan-region as i mentioned; none of the games i have (region-free or not from the iso site) would work correctly in download play. in usa-regioned games, japanese games would fail wireless communications and vice versa. i have tried this before in the past when i wanted to try to spread the multiplayer on a specific game i also enjoy playing.

region-free games already, like pok emon, does work, as shown here:

i cannot do a local transfer as it requires the internet to load that up at all. i tried the luma updater and it crashed while loading.

spillpass is indeed streetpass related. normally, using it, i would instantly get streetpasses in a matter of 15 seconds - give or take. this used to work on the japan-regioned 3ds but that is not working either; if that helps.

Then I cannot help you any further. Maybe somebody can walk you through opening up your system to check the leads on your WiFi module. Maybe somebody has a WiFi module test homebrew that will help us determine if your WiFi is working correctly. However, with multiple systems, all set up the same way, and one doesn't work, it is a bit obvious as to what the problem is.

Are you on some sort of frankenfirmware by chance? Are you sure your system is clean and using all of the official system menu files and not ones found on that iso site?

Here's my last shot at helping: Go to your network settings on the 3DS in question, and find the mac address. Go to your router in your browser, and there should be some way to enable a whitelist, or a preferred device list (Google using your router model number to figure out how to do this). Add your 3DS' mac address to this list. Then try again. If you are still unable to connect, it's not looking good.

Edit: /me puts out a saucer of warm milk in a box and closes the box so that nobody may see into it.

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
@OrGoN3

thank you so much for trying anyway! i greatly appreciate it.

i have already explained that i am not the owner of the router so i am unable to go further than what i am already into. which is a shame really due to how strict my family is sometimes...

to be honest i do not think this 3ds is on frankenfirmware. i was here when the current version was 10.4.0-28 and i was using the risky downgrader to use emunand (before a9lh). the files i obtained for downgrading came from the iso site for all of my 3dses and the downgrading worked flawlessly for all of them (including the ones i downgraded for my friends). the updating came from the system settings of course.

Shadewalker4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys I have a few questions,
1. How is emulation on CFW for 3DS? NES-GBA or what? And is it only via VC or are there other easier ways to do it?
2. So I plan on installing Luma3ds, how complicated is the installation? I've read guides and such but sometimes the whole thing seems way over my head, also is that a good CFW to use or are there better options?
3. Big differences between the "New" Models of 3ds's and the old ones as far as cfw and emulation go.
4. lastly, at the end of the day I just wanna use my 3DS as more or less a portable emulator machine also capable of playing ds and 3ds games, is that possible with CFW?

Thanks in advance guys, sorry for the super noob questions

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay guys I have a few questions,
1. How is emulation on CFW for 3DS? NES-GBA or what? And is it only via VC or are there other easier ways to do it?
2. So I plan on installing Luma3ds, how complicated is the installation? I've read guides and such but sometimes the whole thing seems way over my head, also is that a good CFW to use or are there better options?
3. Big differences between the "New" Models of 3ds's and the old ones as far as cfw and emulation go.
4. lastly, at the end of the day I just wanna use my 3DS as more or less a portable emulator machine also capable of playing ds and 3ds games, is that possible with CFW?

Thanks in advance guys, sorry for the super noob questions
1. You can use VC injects and they run pretty well. (Using Nintendo's own emulator)
2. Very easy. Follow the step by step instructions at https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki (or download the whole guide plus tools at once from my page quantumc.at)
3. Old 3DS/2DS can't use SNES VC injection (but can emulate with homebrew). They can't play Xenoblade. They can't use screen streaming. Other than that, no difference.
4. Yes but for DS games you also need a DS flashcart.

Reactions: Shadewalker4

spadesmagnes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ok, I got about changing my O3DS from Gateway to Luma3DS (arm9loaderhax) and working flawlessly, sadly I couldn't get some of the saves from the games I had from my gateway card, so:
what options do I have so I can access Gateway mode?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: spadesmagnes

bonerectus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone encountered this issue before? Just updated Luma3DS (hourly), and now I get this error message whenever I turn on my
N3DS XL:

An error has occurred:

Failed to mount CTRNAND

Press any button to shutdown.

Would be glad to give more info if you can tell what a newbie needs to do first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone encountered this issue before? Just updated Luma3DS (hourly), and now I get this error message whenever I turn on my
N3DS XL:

An error has occurred:

Failed to mount CTRNAND

Press any button to shutdown.

Would be glad to give more info if you can tell what a newbie needs to do first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Revert to your backed up version of Luma3DS. Stick to the stable/normal releases.

bonerectus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revert to your backed up version of Luma3DS. Stick to the stable/normal releases.
Hi @OrGoN3! Do you mind telling me the steps to do so? I have a backup of the contents in my SD card before updating but when I tried to paste back the older files, I got a black screen with the blue light on. Now I fear I might mess things up. Thanks for your response!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @OrGoN3! Do you mind telling me the steps to do so? I have a backup of the contents in my SD card before updating but when I tried to paste back the older files, I got a black screen with the blue light on. Now I fear I might mess things up. Thanks for your response!

If you used Luma Updater, then there should be an arm9loaderhax.bin.bak file. if there is, just delete the arm9loaderhax.bin file and rename arm9loaderhax.bin.bak to arm9loaderhax.bin. If not, delete arm9loaderhax.bin and download the latest stable one here https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v6.3.1/Luma3DSv6.3.1.7z

bonerectus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used Luma Updater, then there should be an arm9loaderhax.bin.bak file. if there is, just delete the arm9loaderhax.bin file and rename arm9loaderhax.bin.bak to arm9loaderhax.bin. If not, delete arm9loaderhax.bin and download the latest stable one here https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v6.3.1/Luma3DSv6.3.1.7z

Sorry for keeping you @OrGoN3. Tried reverting the .bak to .bin but that got me the black screen and blue light. Will try the link you sent me now. Do I paste all the files to the root of the SD card or just the arm9loaderhax.bin? Thanks for helping btw.

EDIT: still got the black screen and blue light. Maybe it has something to do with the options I need to select on the config menu? not sure which ones to mark though.

Last edited by bonerectus,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for keeping you @OrGoN3. Tried reverting the .bak to .bin but that got me the black screen and blue light. Will try the link you sent me now. Do I paste all the files to the root of the SD card or just the arm9loaderhax.bin? Thanks for helping btw.

EDIT: still got the black screen and blue light. Maybe it has something to do with the options I need to select on the config menu? not sure which ones to mark though.

Yes, just that bin file to the root of your SD card.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH)#section-iii---configuring-luma3ds

bonerectus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tried to troubleshoot all possible problems but still end up having the black screen and blue light. Got rid of the "failed to mount CTRNAND" error message though. Much appreciated @OrGoN3

EDIT: Definitely not bricked after trying the test payload. Also found dmp files on my SD card that I never noticed were there before.

dump_pid2a_0.dmp
pid0.dmp
pid2.dmp
pid3.dmp
pidf.dmp

Last edited by bonerectus,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, but I mean, because of the different voltages, they could be toast if that's the case unless it's safe to use ^^
Huh, they both have a transformer at the end of the cable. The 3DS are exactly the same hardware-wise, not to mention no 3DS gets 220 or 110 V.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Nickienator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Years ago my 3DS charger exploded and only now I've bought a new one since I want to play a recently released game. I had Gateway 3DS, but I'm getting dizzy from all the changes since then (one of the first Gateway versions) and have no idea what to do to update Gateway. The guide on the Gateway website is complete gibberish from start to finish to me. Can anyone point me where to start? I have the old 3DS firmware you needed at the start of Gateway.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Years ago my 3DS charger exploded and only now I've bought a new one since I want to play a recently released game. I had Gateway 3DS, but I'm getting dizzy from all the changes since then (one of the first Gateway versions) and have no idea what to do to update Gateway. The guide on the Gateway website is complete gibberish from start to finish to me. Can anyone point me where to start? I have the old 3DS firmware you needed at the start of Gateway.
You should stop using GW. Go for ARM9LoaderHax (NOT GATEWAY FASTBOOT), and if you want, at then end, you can use the Gateway payload as a secondary payload to run GW.

mrissaoussama

Hiuhbi32
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
basehaxx crashes when trying to launch the homebrew launcher. it's an out of region game. i'm trying to make it an entry point, use ctr-httpwn then download sub wars to make a digital entry point.

when i press launch exploit the 3ds crashes. i'm on 11.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl