• Replies 53,804
  • Likes 43

dsdork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a 11.0.0.33U old XL. I'm looking at doing a hardmod to downgrade and get into CFW goodness ( I can solder well). Am I reading right that I have to do a hardmod downgrade then an additional downgrades (10.7 via hardmod then to 9.2 using?). I also have access to a couple other modded 3ds if necessary. please point me to some options and tutorials cuz this old timer is lost!

Last edited by dsdork,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a 11.0.0.33U old XL. I'm looking at doing a hardmod to downgrade and get into CFW goodness ( I can solder well). Am I reading right that I have to do a hardmod downgrade then an additional downgrades (10.7 via hardmod then to 9.2 using?). I also have access to a couple other modded 3ds if necessary. please point me to some options and tutorials cuz this old timer is lost!
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/firmware-downgrade. Follow the "Use this link to downgrade your firmware with a hardmod" path.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

syringe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Google for the 3ds titlekeys. Click the orange part of the green button that looks like a little QR code so a big QR code displays on your screen.
Then go to freeShop, go to settings, then Update. Tap the little button on the left of the touch screen that looks like a tiny QR code. The camera will open.
Scan the big QR code on your computer screen. Save the settings and restart freeShop.
Games will now be available for download.
awesome, im downloading omega ruby rn and i got a bunch of other games queued, ill let u know if it works out, it prolly will, really appreciate the help u been givin me these past 2 days

e: can i install other cias off fbi whilst the freeshop is downloading other stuff or do i gotta wait it out

Last edited by syringe,
Reactions: Quantumcat

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, following plailect's guide as of today since my original 3DS XL's board seems to be pretty much dead, and wanting to at least make use of the refurb's motherboard. I got to the finishing up part where it wants me to launch HBloader. Problem is, when I do, it just gives me an error saying it can't get the necessary file, and only gives me the option to press start to exit the program.

Any ideas on what I should do at this time?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
awesome, im downloading omega ruby rn and i got a bunch of other games queued, ill let u know if it works out, it prolly will, really appreciate the help u been givin me these past 2 days

e: can i install other cias off fbi whilst the freeshop is downloading other stuff or do i gotta wait it out
Unfortunately nobody has worked out how to download in sleep mode so while stuff is downloading in freeShop you have to wait for it. Sometimes it picks up where it left off if you close it and reopen it, and sometimes it starts the download again, not sure how to control that.

syringe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately nobody has worked out how to download in sleep mode so while stuff is downloading in freeShop you have to wait for it. Sometimes it picks up where it left off if you close it and reopen it, and sometimes it starts the download again, not sure how to control that.
oh ight
another thing (and prolly gnna b another 1 after this)
how do i download updates for a game? i got smash & etc downloaded onto my 2ds but it needs an update, where can i get them?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
oh ight
another thing (and prolly gnna b another 1 after this)
how do i download updates for a game? i got smash & etc downloaded onto my 2ds but it needs an update, where can i get them?
You can just update through the eShop - it'll give you a nag when you try to start it up and you can just let it update when it does that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How exactly works the Gateway? I need the red and the blue cartridge?
Here's any other better 3DS card?
If you don't have a Gateway already, don't buy one. You can do nearly everything a Gateway can do for free.
Https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Reactions: gnmmarechal

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, following plailect's guide as of today since my original 3DS XL's board seems to be pretty much dead, and wanting to at least make use of the refurb's motherboard. I got to the finishing up part where it wants me to launch HBloader. Problem is, when I do, it just gives me an error saying it can't get the necessary file, and only gives me the option to press start to exit the program.

Any ideas on what I should do at this time?

Really? Asking in here and making a thread about it? Do you have internet enabled while loading up homebrew launcher? You probably have the wrong payload on your SD card.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
First off for reference I'm on 11.1.0-34U with A9LH and Luma and all that good stuff

Have been out of the loop and wanted to update my NTR for cheats. Is NTR still the way to go or have better alternatives come out? Where can I be directed to the latest NTR (don't need video streaming features) or where can I find any new methods?

syringe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can just update through the eShop - it'll give you a nag when you try to start it up and you can just let it update when it does that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you don't have a Gateway already, don't buy one. You can do nearly everything a Gateway can do for free.
Https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
i tried to download some games but it said i need to be on 9.6+ firmware, im on 9.2
what do i do about this?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A member here has almost finished Plailect's guide apart from the last part reinstalling the stock hs.app since he doesn't have it anymore because (I suppose) he replaced it with an old version of FBI when he installed rx-tools...Where can he get the stock US hs app? I have the European one but it won't help much in his case...

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A member here has almost finished Plailect's guide apart from the last part reinstalling the stock hs.app since he doesn't have it anymore because (I suppose) he replaced it with an old version of FBI when he installed rx-tools...Where can he get the stock US hs app? I have the European one but it won't help much in his case...

The following should be done after A9LH is on the console. It will update your system to the latest firmware.

He should delete the current one via FBI (the one he installed via CIA, not the H&S one) and then perform a system update. It'll reinstall the original H&S app.

Assuming USA console? TitleID should be 0004001000021300.

If after that the H&S app is restored but the icon is still the wrong one (still FBI), then you need to delete icon cache. For that follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-for-universal-inject-generator-users.427993/

Last edited by OrGoN3,

syringe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a9lh, you can update through System Settings.
yo i need you right now
i fucked up so bad bro
bro i was downloading so many games on my 2ds last night and i just knocked out and went to sleep
now im up and all my games are gone but they still take up storage on my sd card, i dont even see the freeShop nor my games, etc.
fuck do i do
i feel like the 2ds turned off (died from lack of battery) while it was downloading a game

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
yo i need you right now
i fucked up so bad bro
bro i was downloading so many games on my 2ds last night and i just knocked out and went to sleep
now im up and all my games are gone but they still take up storage on my sd card, i dont even see the freeShop nor my games, etc.
fuck do i do
i feel like the 2ds turned off (died from lack of battery) while it was downloading a game
first thing first,check what version of the update on your 2DS right now.
can you still boot to emunand?

syringe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
first thing first,check what version of the update on your 2DS right now.
can you still boot to emunand?
no, im p sure i cant
i tried to browse hourglass9 and it wouldnt let me do anything for the emunand options (inject/dump/restore/backup)
im pretty sure im on sys 9.2 i dont recall updating nor anything like that
i just deleted everything on my 3ds card because there was stuff taking up a lot of storage that i couldnt detect on either fbi nor on my laptop and i put in my backup folder but now my 3ds wont even boot bro. the backup doesnt even have dspdump so i think theres something missing. i messed up so bad

e: yup the backup is from right before the installing a9lh step, im just gonna finish up this step. it wont take too long

Last edited by syringe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online