• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Just remembered something,the new a9lh method doesn't mention anything about screen init.
So what version did i installed on my O3DSXL?

PrimusZa1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finally getting around to cleaning up the files I used on 2 different arm9loaderhaxs using the plailects 5 step for 1 and then his 3 step for another. What are the files that I need to keep backup'd in case of an issue? I went a little over board backing up the sd card after each step as well as the firmware bins so I have folders with 20gb of files that I would like to get rid of.

indij

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I have a question about updating LUMA.

I used Plailect's guide a few days ago and successfully installed A9LH and Luma v6.3.1 on my o3ds. I did notice that my old DS flashcart (SuperCard DSTWO) would no longer work, so I followed Plailect's troubleshooting guide here . I installed all the cia's including TWL_FIRM and the DS flashcart now works great. Now here is my problem, I want to update Luma to the newest version 6.5 but there is a warning that says

"Please note that starting with this release, Luma won't support pre-patched FIRMs or other system titles with the same patches Luma does. Common pre-patched titles include NS, Home Menu, TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM (in these cases you will either get a svcBreak in loader or a shutdown when launching DS/GBA games). Clean versions of these titles need to be reinstalled before upgrading"

Will the TWL_FIRM from Plailect's guide prevent me from updating LUMA? Were those cia's pre-patched titles? Do I need to download clean versions before installing the LUMA update, and will these clean versions prevent my DS Flashcart from working?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I have a question about updating LUMA.

I used Plailect's guide a few days ago and successfully installed A9LH and Luma v6.3.1 on my o3ds. I did notice that my old DS flashcart (SuperCard DSTWO) would no longer work, so I followed Plailect's troubleshooting guide here . I installed all the cia's including TWL_FIRM and the DS flashcart now works great. Now here is my problem, I want to update Luma to the newest version 6.5 but there is a warning that says

"Please note that starting with this release, Luma won't support pre-patched FIRMs or other system titles with the same patches Luma does. Common pre-patched titles include NS, Home Menu, TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM (in these cases you will either get a svcBreak in loader or a shutdown when launching DS/GBA games). Clean versions of these titles need to be reinstalled before upgrading"

Will the TWL_FIRM from Plailect's guide prevent me from updating LUMA? Were those cia's pre-patched titles? Do I need to download clean versions before installing the LUMA update, and will these clean versions prevent my DS Flashcart from working?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Those should be clean FIRMs that they made you download and install.

Reactions: indij

tinner777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, could i please get a little help, following the guide

1. If it exists, copy the /files9/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer and back it up to multiple locations (such as online file storage); the files inside could save you from total data loss if you break your system
  2. Create a folder named cias on the root of your SD card if it does not already exist
  3. Delete the a9lh folder from the root of your SD card if it exists
    • If you accidentally install arm9loaderhax using another device’s OTP.bin, you will BRICK!
  4. Delete the 3ds folder from the root of your SD card if it exists
  5. Copy the contents of the starter.zip to the root of your SD card
    • This will include a brand new 3ds folder to replace the one you just deleted
  6. Copy the contents of the SafeA9LHInstaller zip to the root of your SD card
  7. Copy the a9lh folder from data_input_v3.zip to the root of your SD Card
  8. Copy the contents of the arm9loaderhax release zip to a9lh folder on your SD card
I'm up to part 6. The contents of that zip has another 3ds folder which will replace the folder i copied in step 5. Should I be copying the actual arm9 folder???

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, could i please get a little help, following the guide

1. If it exists, copy the /files9/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer and back it up to multiple locations (such as online file storage); the files inside could save you from total data loss if you break your system
  2. Create a folder named cias on the root of your SD card if it does not already exist
  3. Delete the a9lh folder from the root of your SD card if it exists
    • If you accidentally install arm9loaderhax using another device’s OTP.bin, you will BRICK!
  4. Delete the 3ds folder from the root of your SD card if it exists
  5. Copy the contents of the starter.zip to the root of your SD card
    • This will include a brand new 3ds folder to replace the one you just deleted
  6. Copy the contents of the SafeA9LHInstaller zip to the root of your SD card
  7. Copy the a9lh folder from data_input_v3.zip to the root of your SD Card
  8. Copy the contents of the arm9loaderhax release zip to a9lh folder on your SD card
I'm up to part 6. The contents of that zip has another 3ds folder which will replace the folder i copied in step 5. Should I be copying the actual arm9 folder???
It won't replace the folder. It'll add whatever's in the SafeA9LHInstaller zip's 3ds folder to then 3ds folder you already have.

Reactions: tinner777

alphanator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have hacked my N3DSXL with A9LH :)!
1)So do I need to worry about it accidentally updating somehow?
2)Can I get some tips or warnings, if any?
3)How do I "update" to the newest 3ds version, or am I just meant to use Homebrews Ctr-httpwn for everything?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have hacked my N3DSXL with A9LH :)!
1)So do I need to worry about it accidentally updating somehow?
2)Can I get some tips or warnings, if any?
3)How do I "update" to the newest 3ds version, or am I just meant to use Homebrews Ctr-httpwn for everything?
1) No, only you can update your system. It will never auto update.
2) Make frequent backups of your NAND using Hourglass9.
3) Use System Settings to update, as you normallly would. You won't break anything by updating to 11.2.0-35.

alphanator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) No, only you can update your system. It will never auto update.
2) Make frequent backups of your NAND using Hourglass9.
3) Use System Settings to update, as you normallly would. You won't break anything by updating to 11.2.0-35.

So if update right now to the newest 3ds version, nothing will happen? I will still keep all the hacking stuff on my console?
Do I have to update to have access to anything?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if update right now to the newest 3ds version, nothing will happen? I will still keep all the hacking stuff on my console?
Do I have to update to have access to anything?
Nothing bad will happen if you update. You need to update to access the eShop or do anything online. Now that you have A9LH, you have no need for ctr-httpwn.

DealerDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I've just installed Luma 3DS on my old N3DS XL, running the latest CFW.

I have a few retails carts and I want to backup the savegames inside them and eventually put the saves back inside them. I need to do that because my brother and I share games on the same 3DS and we would like to have 2 different save files on some games that don't allow it. Backing up and restoring the saves can really help us out.

How can I do it?

Thanks a lot in advance

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now I got a retarded question,, as I think I know the answer but im not sure,,

so I have a n3ds,, NOT HACKED AT ALL YET,, on vers 9.9,, so my question is this:

I also have a r4isdhc gold pro 2016 normal ds flashcart,, so can I play the old ds games I already have on it, online,, w/out upgrading the os of my n3ds?? and,, do ppl even still play any nds games online anymore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1