• Replies 53,807
  • Likes 43

TheTepig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Thanks for reading this, I promise to make it quick. So, my friend let my borrow his Majoras Mask 3d game, and using decrypt9 I made a backup of the game, now my question is, is this copy that was backed up legit with decrypt9 a real copy of the game? I don't want to pirate the game, and just made a backup of his game. Also, will this game run with Reinand on my New 3d xl? (Both are NTSC)

Thanks!
Tepig.

grossie8118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello! Thanks for reading this, I promise to make it quick. So, my friend let my borrow his Majoras Mask 3d game, and using decrypt9 I made a backup of the game, now my question is, is this copy that was backed up legit with decrypt9 a real copy of the game? I don't want to pirate the game, and just made a backup of his game. Also, will this game run with Reinand on my New 3d xl? (Both are NTSC)

Thanks!
Tepig.
If I remember correctly, and don't quote me on this, then it is illegal to use a backup of his copy (Not that Nintendo will find out!). It will probably run on ReiNAND. It is possible that I'm wrong and I'm not sure if it's legit, sorry.

Last edited by grossie8118,

myrna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My n3ds xl with luma+a9hl freezes in the menu when i start it. Any idea what to do to fix?
If i close my 3ds the screen stays on

Ewo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!
Tepig.
That's going to be piracy no matter how you slice it. Don't copy that floppy and what have you. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't run though, unless your system version is really old.

TheTepig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, and don't quote me on this, then it is illegal to use a backup of his copy (Not that Nintendo will find out!). It will probably run on ReiNAND. It is possible that I'm wrong and I'm not sure if it's legit, sorry.
Thank you for telling me! I don't like piracy... so i think I will just buy the game if I like it... thanks!

That's going to be piracy no matter how you slice it. Don't copy that floppy and what have you. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't run though, unless your system version is really old.
Yah, this is what I was thinking, I just need to know a stright awnser, I think am going to not install it.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering why cia's I downloaded with CIangel are able to update through the eshop but I don't see my free DLC on shovel knight. I bought it on the Wii U and was just treating myself to a little cross buy but I don't see the plague knight DLC and don't have the option to update. I think I tried downloading the DLC from CIangel and it didn't do anything but that was awhile ago so I might not be remembering correctly.

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running reinand on an emunand that I updated to 11.3 like a fool, but I still have a sysnand on 9.2. Reading earlier messages leads me to believe I'm a bit outdated seeing as I have never heard of godmode9. Honestly wondering what to actually do at this point, wipe the sd and start from scratch or what? Any help appreciated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Running reinand on an emunand that I updated to 11.3 like a fool, but I still have a sysnand on 9.2. Reading earlier messages leads me to believe I'm a bit outdated seeing as I have never heard of godmode9. Honestly wondering what to actually do at this point, wipe the sd and start from scratch or what? Any help appreciated.
Just follow https://3ds.guide/get-started. At the end you'll get all your data back if you follow everything correctly. Don't wipe your SD card or you'll lose all your games and saves.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears I can update to 11.3 now but not sure what I need to download for 11.3(i think 0.36-J after I update)? otherapp or ropin? Do I loose anything compared to 11.2 updating to 11.3? I mainly want 11.3 to access eShop, but if I'm loosing anything because updating to 11.3 from 11.2, would like to know as well

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It appears I can update to 11.3 now but not sure what I need to download for 11.3(i think 0.36-J after I update)? otherapp or ropin? Do I loose anything compared to 11.2 updating to 11.3? I mainly want 11.3 to access eShop, but if I'm loosing anything because updating to 11.3 from 11.2, would like to know as well
Do you have a9lh and Luma? If so you can update. Update Luma to 6.6 if not on it already. You'll probably need to download the latest homebrew launcher cia (can get it from TitleDB in FBI) and have internet enabled when you launch it after updating, because it will download a new payload. And if on N3DS then turn off clock settings in Luma config.

If you don't have a9lh and Luma, get it now, because 11.3 blocks all CFW installation. Https://3ds.guide/get-started

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are cheat codes available on 3DS? If yes, please point me in the right direction.
I don't know a lot about it but what you're after is NTR.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a9lh and Luma? If so you can update. Update Luma to 6.6 if not on it already. You'll probably need to download the latest homebrew launcher cia (can get it from TitleDB in FBI) and have internet enabled when you launch it after updating, because it will download a new payload. And if on N3DS then turn off clock settings in Luma config.

If you don't have a9lh and Luma, get it now, because 11.3 blocks all CFW installation. Https://3ds.guide/get-started

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know a lot about it but what you're after is NTR.

So in Order
1) Update Luma using LumaUpdater (or make sure it's on 6.6, which I remember it was on)
2) Update 3DS Firmware to 11.3
3) Open FBI, go to TitleDB
4) Download Homebrew
5) Done

Do I loose anything from updating to 11.3?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So in Order
1) Update Luma using LumaUpdater (or make sure it's on 6.6, which I remember it was on)
2) Update 3DS Firmware to 11.3
3) Open FBI, go to TitleDB
4) Download Homebrew
5) Done

Do I loose anything from updating to 11.3?
Yep that should be it. If you have trouble do a bit of Googling - maybe I've left something out but it's definitely possible to access homebrew on 11.3 now. If you still can't work it out let me know and I'll try and find out what I missed.

You shouldn't lose anything from being on 11.3 with a9lh and Luma. Except, if you have a Gateway card don't launch Gateway mode on sysNAND or else your a9lh gets removed (even if you updated on Luma first).

Reactions: djricekcn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn internets dragging like a dogs ass +1