• Views 4,540,646
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm currently running 11.2 with Luma, fbi, freeshop. If I want to update to 11.3 would I need to update Luma first? Do I update to 6.6 or nightly? Or should I stay on 11.2 for now?

sent from my toaster using taptalk
Update to 6.6 first and then update.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Update to 6.6 first and then update.

Better to use nightlies because HBLL doesn't work on 11.3 with 6.6 stable if Clock+L2 is enabled - It's only fixed in the nightlies. Also 11.3 brings stuttering to OOT, which has been somewhat fixed with nightlies.

@YaBoiJon update to nightly instead. Or don't update to 11.3 at all. You don't have to but if the update nag annoys you then do it. You can remove the nag with some other hb apps though too but aside from the OOT stuttering there's no harm of using 11.3 .. Unless you use Brickway.

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: YaBoiJon

hoolioballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3DS XL. I went through Plailect's guide and got everything running smooth. I want to play NDS games so I bought a DSTWO Plus card. The DSTWO Plus works great in my DSLite. Boots up no problems and am able to play games. But when I put it into my 3DS, I see the cart show up as "alex rider stormbreaker thq". I open the Cart and the screen goes blank. Nothing happens.

Can anyone help me with suggestions on how to get it to work?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a n3DS XL. I went through Plailect's guide and got everything running smooth. I want to play NDS games so I bought a DSTWO Plus card. The DSTWO Plus works great in my DSLite. Boots up no problems and am able to play games. But when I put it into my 3DS, I see the cart show up as "alex rider stormbreaker thq". I open the Cart and the screen goes blank. Nothing happens.

First of all you would've been fine with a $5 R4 on your 3DS to play DS games .. Didn't need an overly expensive card that doesn't provide much of anything except eating your battery like crazy just by having it inserted to the console.

As for your actual problem - I had the same problem on my old Supercard DSTWO, and I fixed it by updating the card's firmware. Download the newest FW files from the home page and use your DSLite to update the card. It should then work as is. If it still fails to work you can try Slot-1 Launcher app but I don't think you need one for Supercard given that mine works just as is.

IsaacMG99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I have a new3DS in custom firmware with Luma, everything he latest, just finished two days ago the process in 3ds.guide. I'd like to know if I can install nitrohax directly, and if there is a way to make ANY blocked flashcart usable again.

Izriz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I've been using this site for years to easily modify my Wii, Wii u and 3ds for me and my sons. This site is great!

I am just a guy with common sense and follow the guides properly, use google etc

I have modded my 3ds xl using soundhax etc etc, and installed luma3ds and fbi to load .cia's

But how do I upgrade my memory card without doing it all again, I have a 4 GB and am getting a 64 GB today. Is there a way to just copy my 4 GB memory card to my 64 gb card, out it in and carry on as normal?

I saw a guide on emunand but am not sure if it will do what I want

Thanks in advance

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if this is something that can be possible, but here goes.
So we know certain payloads like Decrypt9 can dump GBA VC saves. And from what I understand, "agb_firm" is the GBA emulator or whatever it is that runs the GBA VC games on the 3DS.
It seems like compatibility and performance is pretty much perfect with GBA VC compared to all the homebrew emulators out there. All the homebrew ones seem to suffer from slowdowns while any injected GBA game runs perfectly fine without problems. Now we know we could use the injectors to make our own GBA VC .cia's but this isn't very practical if you have a large collection of GBA games you want to keep on your SD card.

So is it possible for someone create some kind of homebrew app that basically presents you with your GBA rom list, runs the game with "agb_firm" on the fly (maybe it temporarily goes through a patching process when loading the rom), then dumps the save of the game when you exit the game? In theory creating an almost homebrew-like interface with the 3DS' own GBA emulator.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi guys I've been using this site for years to easily modify my Wii, Wii u and 3ds for me and my sons. This site is great!

I am just a guy with common sense and follow the guides properly, use google etc

I have modded my 3ds xl using soundhax etc etc, and installed luma3ds and fbi to load .cia's

But how do I upgrade my memory card without doing it all again, I have a 4 GB and am getting a 64 GB today. Is there a way to just copy my 4 GB memory card to my 64 gb card, out it in and carry on as normal?

Thanks in advance
Just copy all files from old SD to new one

Reactions: Izriz

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Thanks in advance
As above, but you have to format the 64GB card to FAT32 first, using a tool like GuiFormat.

Reactions: Izriz

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all you would've been fine with a $5 R4 on your 3DS to play DS games .. Didn't need an overly expensive card that doesn't provide much of anything except eating your battery like crazy just by having it inserted to the console.

As for your actual problem - I had the same problem on my old Supercard DSTWO, and I fixed it by updating the card's firmware. Download the newest FW files from the home page and use your DSLite to update the card. It should then work as is. If it still fails to work you can try Slot-1 Launcher app but I don't think you need one for Supercard given that mine works just as is.
well your opinionated aren't you

did you try troubleshooting ds compatibility via 3ds.guide follow this troubleshooting guide

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
well your opinionated aren't you
did you try troubleshooting ds compatibility via 3ds.guide follow this troubleshooting guide

What's that supposed to mean? I didn't know writing an opinion on forums was not allowed. My bad, truly. You can't even argue that I'm wrong because it is commonly known in the community that the Supercard DSTWO drains battery life like crazy. I mean sure, it has great options too like RTS and cheat system capabilities, BUT there are other cards too that offer that and don't drain battery as much. And if his goal was to run NDS games but not use any of that fancy stuff then having a card like that is in fact a detriment given the battery life issue.

And ya know I did give him the answer to his issue so I really don't see the problem. By the way if his issue was with the FIRMS I am fairly sure he wouldn't be able to even launch the cart. If you can launch your cart but get a white screen the problem is typically with either outdated FW on the card or you need to use something like Slot-1 Launcher.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's that supposed to mean? I didn't know writing an opinion on forums was not allowed. My bad, truly. You can't even argue that I'm wrong because it is commonly known in the community that the Supercard DSTWO drains battery life like crazy. I mean sure, it has great options too like RTS and cheat system capabilities, BUT there are other cards too that offer that and don't drain battery as much. And if his goal was to run NDS games but not use any of that fancy stuff then having a card like that is in fact a detriment given the battery life issue.
its not bad to have an opinion but thats all it is you tell him he would have been fine with a $5 card . . .now i see your logic but just because ds roms is all he mentioned does not mean its the only thing he will do with it

also you tell the guy you responded to above that post to use a nightly or not update his console at all . . . kinda extreme dont you think
By the way if his issue was with the FIRMS I am fairly sure he wouldn't be able to even launch the cart. If you can launch your cart but get a white screen the problem is typically with either outdated FW on the card or you need to use something like Slot-1 Launcher.
it could be the flashcarts firm as well but mine shows up as the same alex rider game and it only got that when i fully updated it . . . also what part of blackscreen sounds like "launching" to you

Last edited by wormdood,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
its not bad to have an opinion but thats all it is you tell him he would have been fine with a $5 card . . .now i see your logic but just because ds roms is all he mentioned does not mean its the only thing he will do with it

also you tell the guy you responded to above that post to use a nightly or not update his console at all . . . kinda extreme dont you think
it could be the flashcarts firm as well but mine shows up as the same alex rider game and it only got that when i fully updated it . . . also what part of blackscreen sounds like "launching" to you

Perhaps you ought to read again what I said, and also what he said. He didn't say black screen, he said blank screen. I know exactly what he is talking about because that is exactly the problem I had on my Supercard DSWTO. It shows up as Alex Rider and upon launching it you'll then get a white screen. I've also dealt with a console that I did 9.2 ctr transfer on, and upon testing DSi functionality I found that when launching a DSi cart I'd get "An error has occured". Two entirely different types of behavior. His problem does not sound like a problem with firms. He could do what you suggested, but if he hasn't done a ctr transfer then DSi functionality being broken isn't even possible, and updating the flashcarts FW is much easier and faster to test with, anyway.

As far as my post above goes I simply laid out the facts before him. There are issues in 11.3, and nightlies fix them. If you're going to update to 11.3 then not using a nightly build is actually a detriment. People claim "nightlies" are buggy, but I've never encountered any bugs on nightlies. Additionally you can easily find discussion on nightlies and how their stability is .. To find a nightly that is stable and fixes the 11.3 issues isn't a hard task. On top of that 11.3 doesn't actually bring anything to the table so he would, in fact, be better off not updating to 11.3 if he doesn't mind the update nag or removes it with some software. No one's forcing you to use 11.3 with just 6.6 luma and if you re-read what I said I never said it's either this or that situation but I was simply explaining the pros and cons of not using or using a nightly and then offering the alternative of not using 11.3 at all because there's no reason to.

socialbacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has a replacement for Tubehax DNS been established?

My 3DS has been sitting for awhile, I just picked it up again recently. I'll likely have more questions in the near future, but I'll keep it simple for now with just one for the flow of the thread.
Thanks in advance!

Unknown12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been gone for an entire year, and want to get back into 3DS games. Could you help me catch up on what I've missed please?

From what I remember, I followed the so-called "#UnlockEverything" guide. I think it was this thread, but it appears to have been edited a bit since then. To be honest, I don't really even remember the specifics of what I did or what I have set up on my 3DS. The best I can say is that: I think I have rxTools 2.6, when I turn on my 3DS I see a glitchy screen for a few seconds before it boots up, and when I check the firmware screen it says "RX-E 9.0.0-20E".

So with that information, can someone catch me up? Is there anything major that I need to know, or can I just go on using my 3DS as it is? I'm wondering about for example, if there are any issues with newer firmware, if I should upgrade my firmware or leave it as it is, if I need to upgrade rxTools, or if there's something entirely different I should be using now.

Thanks.

Last edited by Unknown12345,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've been gone for an entire year, and want to get back into 3DS games. Could you help me catch up on what I've missed please?

From what I remember, I followed the so-called "#UnlockEverything" guide. I think it was this thread, but it appears to have been edited a bit since then. To be honest, I don't really even remember the specifics of what I did or what I have set up on my 3DS. The best I can say is that: I think I have rxTools 2.6, when I turn on my 3DS I see a glitchy screen for a few seconds before it boots up, and when I check the firmware screen it says "RX-E 9.0.0-20E".

So with that information, can someone catch me up? Is there anything major that I need to know, or can I just go on using my 3DS as it is? I'm wondering about for example, if there are any issues with newer firmware, if I should upgrade my firmware or leave it as it is, if I need to upgrade rxTools, or if there's something entirely different I should be using now.

Thanks.
You need to boot into sysNAND and uninstall menuhax. You can do this through holding a button you set up when installing menuhax, or you can delete your boot.3dsx and replace it with the pain homebrew launcher one, then your system will boot to the homebrew menu. You can either uninstall menuhax there (from the menuhax installer app) or press Start to exit the homebrew launcher, choose the option with no reboot, then change your home menu theme.

After that, follow http://3ds.guide. When you are instructed to boot into Decrypt9 during the guide, you might like to take the opportunity to make an emuNAND backup. But otherwise follow the guide as written, and follow the optional "Move emuNAND" section.

Reactions: Unknown12345

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the largest size of SD Card that A9LH and Luma can be installed using Plailect's guide?

I'm under the impression that the 3DS can use SDXC cards IF they're formatted correctly, right? If I use the FAT32 formater found in the spoiler tag below, I'm assuming I'll be able to do the whole process on a 64GB card?

Thanks everyone :)

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
- I had the same problem on my old Supercard DSTWO, and I fixed it by updating the card's firmware. Download the newest FW files from the home page and use your DSLite to update the card. It should then work as is.
DO NOT do this. All dstwo+ cards will have latest bootloader that allows them to run on 3ds, your problem is in 3ds firm.
In fact don't even try to update dstwo+, especially with gateway plugin as that can lock the card into 3ds mode only. Just copy EOS on microsd and work from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious