• Views 4,524,431
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are following the guide, safectrtransfer will make the backup for you. it will refuse to run until it makes the backup.

you restore it with godmode9

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why didn't installing a9lh require 2.1 on new 3ds a few months ago, but does now. Was just browsing 3ds guide archive and noticed that.

Ken16303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick!
This only happens when shutting the lid while your device is on; this does not apply to turning your device off.
Your device only enters sleep mode when the lid is closed. It is not on a timer or anything like that.
Once on 2.1.0, you should continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!

Doesthis mean i can never put my 3ds into sleep mode again?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but why does it require downgrading nowadays? I don't own a new 3ds but am just interested.
It always required downgrade to 2.1. The OTP is easiest to get at 2.1. The access got closed after 2.2 if I remember correctly. Before they uesd to have you go to 2.1 get OTP, go back to 9.2 and install a9lh. Now it's go to 2.1, get OTP, and install OTP. It's all done on 2.1.

Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick!
This only happens when shutting the lid while your device is on; this does not apply to turning your device off.
Your device only enters sleep mode when the lid is closed. It is not on a timer or anything like that.
Once on 2.1.0, you should continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!

No. Just on 2.1. So finish the Guide.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

No. You can after you have restored the nand backup. If you aren't sure, complete the guide and then you can safely do it or check in system settings that your system version isn't 2.1

Ken16303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It always required downgrade to 2.1. The OTP is easiest to get at 2.1. The access got closed after 2.2 if I remember correctly. Before they uesd to have you go to 2.1 get OTP, go back to 9.2 and install a9lh. Now it's go to 2.1, get OTP, and install OTP. It's all done on 2.1.

No. Just on 2.1. So finish the Guide.
so when i finish the guide everything should be as good as an everstone?

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they removed the otpless install because too many people were bricking with it, even though these bricks were always caused by corrupt sdcard.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Last edited by Uumas,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Luma configuration it has a setting for new 3ds cpu I have a new 3ds XL what does that setting do and what should I set it on
It makes 3DS use the CPU to full capacity. It kills your battery just slightly faster. Also makes some games crash. It also speeds up some game. Breaks the HBL if used in combination with the L2 cache or just the L2 cache. Just leave it off. Doesn't really help anything that much.
What program do I need to create an original gameboy game .cia ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gbc-vc-injector-for-3ds.434172/

Last edited by pixelmasher,
Reactions: superj1018

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....