• Start date
  • Views 4,543,221
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Ojipockle

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the full version string of what you updated to? Your options are probably limited right now. Ideally, if you had a ds flashcart you would've updated to 4.x or 6.x and used MSET to get started.

It's 9.8.0-0E. :/ I don't have a DS flashcart, but I could get one. As far as I can tell there aren't many other options and that sounds like the least bad right now.

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately you overshot that when you updated to 9.8. With no soundhax/browserhax that makes it harder. Offhand, you'd need to buy some hardware, like a copy of cubic ninja or powersaves+OoT, and neither are going to have step-by-step instructions in the guide.

I would wait, honestly. Ntrboothax is near release and works on any firmware version. It'll require a specific DS flashcart and something like powersaves or a friend with a hacked system to flash the card. The upside of that is you get a ds flashcart you can actually use once you're done, instead of buying a game to hack with once and never touch again.

Ojipockle

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately you overshot that when you updated to 9.8. With no soundhax/browserhax that makes it harder. Offhand, you'd need to buy some hardware, like a copy of cubic ninja or powersaves+OoT, and neither are going to have step-by-step instructions in the guide.

I would wait, honestly. Ntrboothax is near release and works on any firmware version. It'll require a specific DS flashcart and something like powersaves or a friend with a hacked system to flash the card. The upside of that is you get a ds flashcart you can actually use once you're done, instead of buying a game to hack with once and never touch again.

Sounds good. Do you have a timeframe for when Nrboothax might be released?

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing specific, just soon. They've shown off the proof of concept video recently, they're currently trying to make it compatible with more flashcarts. Last I've heard it's currently only working on one card, and it's an older one that runs higher than average.

Adanec

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About the sky3ds+ It's safe to use only one private header for all games or you have to had one for each game in the firmware 140?

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pleaaaase

Hello, i want to buy 2 2DS systems, but one of them is on 11.4.

will i be able to play zelda tri force heroes with the source 2ds and the target 2ds when getting homebrew via dsiware method?
the problem is that the nnid will be the same for both systems. so is there a way to keep homebrew on both devices and get 2 nnids? i dont know much of ds hacking and its a bit hard to find answers to these questions if not asked directly.

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

will i be able to play zelda tri force heroes with the source 2ds and the target 2ds when getting homebrew via dsiware method?
the problem is that the nnid will be the same for both systems. so is there a way to keep homebrew on both devices and get 2 nnids? i dont know much of ds hacking and its a bit hard to find answers to these questions if not asked directly.
You can't link a NNID to two devices without using a sys transfer

yes but applying boot9strap requires to use a system transfer so the 11.4.-2DS can get hacked. and then i end up with 2 systems with the same nnid. but i want to play online with both of them at the same time. is there a way to get a new nnid without losing cfw afterwards ?

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
yes but applying boot9strap requires to use a system transfer so the 11.4.-2DS can get hacked. and then i end up with 2 systems with the same nnid. but i want to play online with both of them at the same time. is there a way to get a new nnid without losing cfw afterwards ?
Yes, I believe you can unlink the NNID, then register a new one

Reactions: gina4x

Secret_3DS_Agent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get music to play on the freeShop. For the intro and music loop. I have the .ogg files in 3ds/data/freeshop/music, but I can't get the intro to play at startup then have the music loop to play indefinitely right afterwards.

I heard you need to use DSPDump in the HomeBrew Browser to order for homebrew audio to work correctly. Why is this? How many times does DSPDump need to be used?

I used DSP1 by following the CFW guide. Does that count as a DSPDump? Thanks

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, one of the systems is 11.4, and the other is something lower? That's doable. Start with the one that isn't on 11.4, follow the guide and hack it with b9s/luma. Update the now-hacked system to 11.4, sign into the nnid you want to use on the other system, and this is now your source system to set up dsiwarehax.

You'll transfer the hacked system to the unhacked system, including nnid. Continue the guide for the second system until it's hacked on b9s. Go back to the "source" system and use system settings to format it. Sign into the second nnid on it. You're done.

Reactions: gina4x

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get music to play on the freeShop. For the intro and music loop. I have the .ogg files in 3ds/data/freeshop/music, but I can't get the intro to play at startup then have the music loop to play indefinitely right afterwards.

I heard you need to use DSPDump in the HomeBrew Browser to order for homebrew audio to work correctly. Why is this? How many times does DSPDump need to be used?

I used DSP1 by following the CFW guide. Does that count as a DSPDump? Thanks
I believe this should be asked in freeshop thread/discord. You only need to dump your DSP once, and you have already done it. Looping music doesn't properly work yet

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, one of the systems is 11.4, and the other is something lower? That's doable. Start with the one that isn't on 11.4, follow the guide and hack it with b9s/luma. Update the now-hacked system to 11.4, sign into the nnid you want to use on the other system, and this is now your source system to set up dsiwarehax.

You'll transfer the hacked system to the unhacked system, including nnid. Continue the guide for the second system until it's hacked on b9s. Go back to the "source" system and use system settings to format it. Sign into the second nnid on it. You're done.
thank you very much for your help. do i still have cfw on the source system after formatting ?

Secret_3DS_Agent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe this should be asked in freeshop thread/discord. You only need to dump your DSP once, and you have already done it. Looping music doesn't properly work yet
I forgot to mention that I'm using the official v2.2.0 by Cruel. I just discovered that arc13 has made a fork with a ton of features and bug fixes implemented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3