misterbunny56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Firmware version doesn't make a difference

2. and 3. I've never heard of a ban list

4. Cias look like legit eShop games to Nintendo. The ways to get banned are basically:
1. Cheating online
2. Playing games online before they are released
3. Having sending system information to Nintendo on (turned off in the guide) and using .cia Homebrew like FBI or freeshop
thanks. But how am i suppose to install .cias games when I can't use the freeshop and FBI.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the update embedded backup option in gm9 do
:This is available in the A button menu for NAND dumps. Essential backups contain NAND header, movable.sed, LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, SecureInfo_A, NAND CID and OTP. If your local SysNAND does not contain an embedded backup, you will be asked to do one at startup."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also like to mention CIA installs DO NOT inherently get you banned. That's just some unwarranted assumption because some idiots had things like "FBI" set as their favorite titles before they were banned. Honestly you CAN use the .3dsx homebrew builds but you're sacrificing stability for an assumption which is farfetched in my personal opinion. I ONLY use CIA HomeBrews and haven't been banned since the original SuMo ban wave on my everday console (my other one WAS banned, but there were other issues at hand).

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this is the right place for this type of question or not or if this type of question is allowed but, what's the cheapest way to make a custom ammibos? Sorry if this question isn't allowed. The last thing I want is another strike towards me.

misterbunny56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this is the right place for this type of question or not or if this type of question is allowed but, what's the cheapest way to make a custom ammibos? Sorry if this question isn't allowed. The last thing I want is another strike towards me.
You mean like a NFC cards?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can use both software but Uumas said Fre.eshop ,fbi and homebrew can cause ban and flag(still want to know if flag list is a thing not just made up)
By flag he means that at an "unknown" time before the ban wave, it's assumed Nintendo was culling users that were explicitly using custom firmware. But did not ban them immediately, instead listed the info to be banned later in a wave vs banning individual users one at a time.

The thing is though, not one person here knows for a fact what information was used to qualify for a ban so people have taken precautions to have Nintendo see the least amount of activity possible. This doesn't automatically protect you from a ban because again no one knows what info they use to issue them, they're just guessing by what they know is sent.

That said, he was saying that using CIA installs allows Nintendo to see what HomeBrew you've used either in your activity log, or otherwise. The thing is though that CIAs use your consoles unique header to go online, not their own private one. There is absolutely no concrete proof that using CIAs over .3dsx homebrew is a one way ticket to a ban. So I wish people would stop spreading it as gospel.

Reactions: misterbunny56

Nintendose

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys got a couple questions.

1) I plan on buying a 3DS system and a R4. But I dont know which R4 is the best to play 3DS games on or if there even is one.
2) Which R4 is the best on the market that can do a bunch of things and thats not too overpriced.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey guys got a couple questions.

1) I plan on buying a 3DS system and a R4. But I dont know which R4 is the best to play 3DS games on or if there even is one.
2) Which R4 is the best on the market that can do a bunch of things and thats not too overpriced.
You should get this for old ds games: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149 It can also be used for ntrboothax (allows installing cfw on any firmware or unbricking console)
For 3ds games install cfw following https://3ds.guide

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@Uumas
Thanks for answering! From the description on the site it says it only plays DS games but if I install the firmware I can run 3DS games?
Yeah. The flashcart only plays ds games, but if you install cfw you can play 3ds games without the flashcart. If the console is on 11.3 or lower you don't even need the flashcart at all unless you want to play ds games. On 11.4 or higher you need the flashcart to install cfw.

Reactions: Nintendose

leezantua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Successfully able to update to 7.0.5 and update from A9LH to Boot9strap! Thanks for the help QUANTUM CAT!

Is it safe to upgrade my Firmware to 11.5.0-38U like thru system settings?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: