• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Dizzy_Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a question, so I imported Monster Hunter Double cross from Japan and got CFW using the 3DSGuide yesterday, I followed the directions to a T up until, Finalizing Setup -> Section VI -> Number 8. I finished 6-7 and was put in the Godemode9 menu right after. so I looked around the menus for "SysNAND (lvl1) writing" or something similar, but nothing popped out to me. So I skipped 8-10 and continued, everything worked out fine, the game works. But when I click on the game I am notified that "A software update is available". So I press Y to update -> Download Now -> Yes, then it proceeds to update, then tells me the update data downloaded. I click on the game again and i get the same "A software update is available" message. At first I thought "Maybe the game has several updates that have to be updated individually?" but after "updating" 10+ times, I'm starting to get a little concerned. Maybe I'm stupid and there's only one more update needed. Or maybe I'm stupid and I messed up the CFW^, or don't know what I need to do the activate Import updates through CFW. I have a NTSC New 3DS and my flash cart is an Ace3DS X. Oh, and regular updates seem to work, I have a digital version of Smash 4 3DS that I got a couple of years ago, and it needed an update as well so I did it (this is all after looping the import update a few times) and it updated fine.

EDIT: Asked in a different thread and got my answer. Foreign updates need a .cia file to patch the update.

Last edited by Dizzy_Hunter,

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i did something dumb. After successfully transferring my o3ds to my n3ds I (stupidly) restored the source 3ds first without moving the dsiware that was moved to the SD card tp the new target sd card.... So all I have to do is wait a week right? Will it be exactly 7 days to the hour or is it something else? I'm so bummed to make a blunder like that when I was so close to the end.

EDIT: SO I unlinked the NNID from the source (since it's in the target one now). If i want to restart this process again next week all I need to do is call Nintendo to unlink the target's NNID right? So i can try this process agian WITHOUT mistakes. Am I correct in doing this? It sounds like the only option I have.

Last edited by Rion45,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Probably a stupid question, but how do you copy larger ROMs over to a system? Got my 3ds working via an R4 BS9, but the only file system that the 3ds recognized was fat32. Problem is that, with that, larger ROMs (like xenoblade or bravely default) aren't allowed to be transferred on. Is there something I'm missing/some way of getting things to work with an NTFS card?
There shouldn't be any cia files over 4GB, remember that .3ds files won't work with CFW. You could also use freeShop to install them directly rather than copying them onto the SD card and installing them manually. The 3DS will only recognise FAT32-formatted cards.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So i did something dumb. After successfully transferring my o3ds to my n3ds I (stupidly) restored the source 3ds first without moving the dsiware that was moved to the SD card tp the new target sd card.... So all I have to do is wait a week right? Will it be exactly 7 days to the hour or is it something else? I'm so bummed to make a blunder like that when I was so close to the end.

EDIT: SO I unlinked the NNID from the source (since it's in the target one now). If i want to restart this process again next week all I need to do is call Nintendo to unlink the target's NNID right? So i can try this process agian WITHOUT mistakes. Am I correct in doing this? It sounds like the only option I have.
  1. Restore the NAND backup you made on the source from before the transfer but after you bought and downloaded the DSiWare.
  2. Check to make sure the exploit is loaded on the DSiWare
  3. Go into System Settings -> Data Management -> DSiWare
  4. Move the DSiWare to SD card
  5. Take this SD card and put it in your target console OR ****delete the Nintendo 3DS folder from the target**** and copy the Nintendo 3DS folder from the source console onto the target console's SD card.
  6. Go into System Settings -> Data Management -> DSiWare on the target console
  7. Move DSiWare from SD card to system memory
  8. Continue the guide
Simply unlinking the NNID from the target is not enough to move it back to the old 3DS, you'd have to get Nintendo to link it to the old one on their servers. If my steps above don't work (meaning you either formatted the target post-transfer or failed to back up the source console at the right time), if it were me I would just buy the game again after waiting the seven days rather than ringing them, since they'll probably refuse anyway. Depends how important the $3 is to you I guess.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There shouldn't be any cia files over 4GB, remember that .3ds files won't work with CFW. You could also use freeShop to install them directly rather than copying them onto the SD card and installing them manually. The 3DS will only recognise FAT32-formatted cards.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. Restore the NAND backup you made on the source from before the transfer but after you bought and downloaded the DSiWare.
  2. Check to make sure the exploit is loaded on the DSiWare
  3. Go into System Settings -> Data Management -> DSiWare
  4. Move the DSiWare to SD card
  5. Take this SD card and put it in your target console OR ****delete the Nintendo 3DS folder from the target**** and copy the Nintendo 3DS folder from the source console onto the target console's SD card.
  6. Go into System Settings -> Data Management -> DSiWare on the target console
  7. Move DSiWare from SD card to system memory
  8. Continue the guide
Simply unlinking the NNID from the target is not enough to move it back to the old 3DS, you'd have to get Nintendo to link it to the old one on their servers. If my steps above don't work (meaning you either formatted the target post-transfer or failed to back up the source console at the right time), if it were me I would just buy the game again after waiting the seven days rather than ringing them, since they'll probably refuse anyway. Depends how important the $3 is to you I guess.
So I restored the source again. Unfortunately the exploit didn’t work since Four Swords started normally. All I have to do is get the exploit again correct? And “Continue the guide” means to start the “Backing up target 3DS’s FIRM” step right?

I just want to make sure I do this correctly. Wouldn’t want to mess up any further than I already did :(.

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, I like to ask...
I have my o3ds from 2016 and I bought it with cfw installed since I know that everytime I restarted I boot into emuNAND instead of sysNAND, and I have been wondering...theres a user agreement in the system settings and it says that I would need it to use online stuff but I never accepted it cos' I never really touched online (except the browser, and it worked fine without accepting it), so my question is : "does signing the user agreement brick my 3ds?"

I'm sorry if I'm asking on an old thread, but people usually got mad for making a question thread and since this thread is for "noob" questions, I thought I'd ask here.

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, I like to ask...
I have my o3ds from 2016 and I bought it with cfw installed since I know that everytime I restarted I boot into emuNAND instead of sysNAND, and I have been wondering...theres a user agreement in the system settings and it says that I would need it to use online stuff but I never accepted it cos' I never really touched online (except the browser, and it worked fine without accepting it), so my question is : "does signing the user agreement brick my 3ds?"

I'm sorry if I'm asking on an old thread, but people usually got mad for making a question thread and since this thread is for "noob" questions, I thought I'd ask here.
No. You will not brick.

Reactions: ANOUNYMOSGAMER

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I restored the source again. Unfortunately the exploit didn’t work since Four Swords started normally. All I have to do is get the exploit again correct? And “Continue the guide” means to start the “Backing up target 3DS’s FIRM” step right?

I just want to make sure I do this correctly. Wouldn’t want to mess up any further than I already did :(.
Yes so just follow the part of the guide that gets the exploit working, then you can continue with my steps, then hopefully continue where you left off with the guide after the transfer.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
After going through the checkout process on NDS-Card, the last step says to email a guy for payment. This seems really cobbled together and sketchy. Are there any other official/trusted places to buy the carts that are less shady? I went to look at ace3ds, but I get DNS redirected to "farmvillerelates.ru".

r4ids.cn seems to be the official site for r4i, but I'm not entirely positive.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
After going through the checkout process on NDS-Card, the last step says to email a guy for payment. This seems really cobbled together and sketchy. Are there any other official/trusted places to buy the carts that are less shady? I went to look at ace3ds, but I get DNS redirected to "farmvillerelates.ru".

r4ids.cn seems to be the official site for r4i, but I'm not entirely positive.
They need to do that because PayPal doesn't allow flashcard sellers. It's a bit shady but works perfectly.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes so just follow the part of the guide that gets the exploit working, then you can continue with my steps, then hopefully continue where you left off with the guide after the transfer.
I couldn't get the exploit to work again after injecting the public.sav for a second time. I was using the Save injection but would Game injection work the same?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get the exploit to work again after injecting the public.sav for a second time. I was using the Save injection but would Game injection work the same?
You kind of have to do game injection unless you own one of the four games that work with save injection.... And they can't be pirated.

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You kind of have to do game injection unless you own one of the four games that work with save injection.... And they can't be pirated.
Well I did own Four Swords and downloaded it from the eShop before starting this whole thing. I'm just asking if both methods work the same or not.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh wait I'm dumb. Game Injection doesn't work with Four Swords. I'll have to figure ut why I can't get the save injection working then.
Yes... That's why save injection exists Lol. Game Injection is only there because those four games that work with save injection were pulled from the shop a LONG time ago. The method is only there as an archive more or less for people that still have them, like yourself. :D

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helo i hhave question from friend @EthanAddict wh is wonder how he can updgrade from mest 4.5 to luma 5.0!????
Why can't your friend ask himself instead of using a middle man? It makes no sense and just increases the chance of misinformation when it has to go through multiple channels. Not to mention, you can hardly help someone troubleshoot when you have to wait "for me to get back to my friend" every time you ask a question about the issue...... Tell your friend to ask himself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: wut