• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

binsar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update luma 8.1.1 to 9.0 because every time I go to the updater it says "Could not obtain update details"

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the response.

I've only done a few hours research and have successfully installed CFW, Freeshop and have downloaded a game and launched it with no problems.

I haven't come across any mentions of any risks of using CFW & Freeshop other than bricking your console while hacking the device.

Are there any risks?

I've read that if your console is banned you can still download and play games from Freeshop. What does the ban stop you doing? Playing online?
The ban only stops you playing online, and can be reversed.

Reactions: Youser

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Back up the contents of your SD card and test it with H2testw. Your SD card might be fake or corrupted. https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

Yes you can trade Pokémon to original cartridge games.

The other titles you can see in FBI are probably system titles.

Thank for the answer, I have already a new question.. This morning I opend the Freeshop and there was a upadate and dlc for mii park, so i installed it and when i started mii park I got all the games and played almost every game after that I turned off the 3ds and now Im back home and started mii park again and all the games are gone again (except the ones already in the game)..
Can I get back all the games or do I have to pay for the other games to play them again?

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank for the answer, I have already a new question.. This morning I opend the Freeshop and there was a upadate and dlc for mii park, so i installed it and when i started mii park I got all the games and played almost every game after that I turned off the 3ds and now Im back home and started mii park again and all the games are gone again (except the ones already in the game)..
Can I get back all the games or do I have to pay for the other games to play them again?

I deleted the mii park update and the dlc in freeshop and then I re-downloaded both the files and opend mii park and all the games are back.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I like your optimism.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't download in the background (if you mean while you're playing games) but you could use sleep mode downloading with freeShop.

Tried sleep mode but it suspends the download. Do I need to do anything in the settings?

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You must select the moon icon left of the download icon

Ah I see. What a out the ones already on my download list? Do I have to search for them again and select the moon?

Edit* I have deleted some games and put them in the download queue again using the moon button. Where can i see what I have queued to download in sleep mode?

Last edited by Youser,

JStrange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the 3ds hacking guide and just wanted to confirm one thing. Do you need a flashcart if you don't have access to a second console or don't want to hardmod the device? My console will be the new 2ds xl so I presume it comes with the latest firmware.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ah I see. What a out the ones already on my download list? Do I have to search for them again and select the moon?

Edit* I have deleted some games and put them in the download queue again using the moon button. Where can i see what I have queued to download in sleep mode?
They'll appear on the home menu when you have closed freeShop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I read the 3ds hacking guide and just wanted to confirm one thing. Do you need a flashcart if you don't have access to a second console or don't want to hardmod the device? My console will be the new 2ds xl so I presume it comes with the latest firmware.
Yes

Reactions: JStrange

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

i don`t know how it works my 3ds with cfw turns off when i close the lid, i can put it in sleep mode with a magnet.. but that is tricky, when i hold it too close it turns the system off again and when i go too far it turns on again.. so i only use that for streetpass..

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello evryone,

First of all, thanks for thgis great community. I'm reading it for yearsans never been disappointed.

Simple and straightforward question regarding my New 3DS XL I had for Christmas, with the latest firmware (11.6.0.39E):

1.Can I install the Homebrew launcher only? I don't mind paying a few $ to buy a game (eshop) in order to do the hack. Cubic ninja is still the best game to buy on eshop in order to hack?
2.Is it clean? I mean, I just want to do something really clean, without any leftovers if I decide to sell my 3DS in the future. Is there a clean uninstall of the Homebrew Launcher?

My main goal is to install emulators and retroarch. Nothing more. That's why i'm only interested in the Homebrew launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land