• Views 4,545,340
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Isolar1s

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there first post my 3dsxl is stuck om safeb9installer. I have followed the guide to install through dsiware method which has worked however after launching my modified game and flashing my ds only boots into safeb9s im not sure how this has happened i cant get passed it.

Any help will be appreciated

Detective3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've tried ordering an R4 card off of the nds-card website. I've done as they asked by providing the order number in an e-mail sent to them, but it's been a couple days now and I have no response in return yet about the Paypal information to submit the transaction. Do they normally take this long? I can't get an idea of how long this part of the process normally takes.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there first post my 3dsxl is stuck om safeb9installer. I have followed the guide to install through dsiware method which has worked however after launching my modified game and flashing my ds only boots into safeb9s im not sure how this has happened i cant get passed it.

Any help will be appreciated
Change your boot.firm to Luma.

johnny_bad_good

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I haven't been on the scene for 2-3 years, so your help is very much appreciated.

What I want:

To play new 3ds games not from physical cartridges, but from microSD card.

What I have:
Old Nintendo 3DS XL console + Gateway cartridges (red and blue).
Console has Gateway firmware version of GW3D 8.1.0-19E and real firmware of 4.2.0-9E

How to achieve it? Are there extra steps, because Gateway is present on my console? I don't want to brick it...

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a 2ds that would'nt turn on so I took the memory card out, formatted it and used it for another 2ds. Now the first one is turning on.

The console is hacked so what do I need to do with the memory card that I will be using for this console?

andy27043

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want my gateway games saves to cia. so i red this thread.
htt(q)ps://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/
my problem is that i don't have the gateway card anymore, so i cant import those saves. would somebody import those saves for me?
I have these saves that i want to import to cia:
  • The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
  • bravely default
they are all EU games, i did the prepping steps from that thread so you have to do the exporting and importing part.
if you want to help me, you problaby need:
  • a gateway card with those games
  • the cia version of the games
  • jk save manager URL here: htt(q)ps://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
  • CTRXplorer or FBI.
Please if you can, help me.

P.S. i think i cant place hyperlinks because i'm a new member. so you have to remove those ''(q)'' from the url.

Attachments

• gateway saves.rar
    497.3 KB · Views: 160

gospodinkulicmi

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dear community,

At the moment I am really desperate. Recently I bought the gateway 3ds set (blue/red) and thought that it would be a piece of cake to run it properly. But the problem is that my new 3ds xl is currently on firmware 11.6 (eu). The regular procedure dindt work (launch dat. and go to ds profile) so i researched a lot on the internet about it. and more i searched i got more confused. Don't get me wrong I softmoded my psp, wii ect alone so i am not a total beginner but what confuses me are the names (emunand, Boot9Strap, luma, soundhax, rx tools ect) What comes first what after. Can you help me? my goal is that my gateway i bought works. that's it. There are so many ways.

andy27043

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear community,

At the moment I am really desperate. Recently I bought the gateway 3ds set (blue/red) and thought that it would be a piece of cake to run it properly. But the problem is that my new 3ds xl is currently on firmware 11.6 (eu). The regular procedure dindt work (launch dat. and go to ds profile) so i researched a lot on the internet about it. and more i searched i got more confused. Don't get me wrong I softmoded my psp, wii ect alone so i am not a total beginner but what confuses me are the names (emunand, Boot9Strap, luma, soundhax, rx tools ect) What comes first what after. Can you help me? my goal is that my gateway i bought works. that's it. There are so many ways.
I dont think you can get it work anymore. Gateway works only up to firmware 10.7, thats why you can't use it.
emunand is like a firmware but emulated. you can update however you like while your 3ds stays on firmware 11.6. so you dont have to worry that you lose your homebrew while using the latest updates.
CFW is custom firmware. it let you use those hacks and mods. Boot9strap is a way to start your CFW. Same as soundhax but you can't install it like boot9strap. its like going in gateway menu. you can just install the menu so you dont have to constantly use the website everytime you boot your 3ds.

i might be a lot of wrong but i tried to help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Dear community,

The Gateway card will not work for you. Send it back and get a DS flashcart that will work for ntrboot. See https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a 2ds that would'nt turn on so I took the memory card out, formatted it and used it for another 2ds. Now the first one is turning on.

The console is hacked so what do I need to do with the memory card that I will be using for this console?

@Quantumcat could you help me with this?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat could you help me with this?
Does it have CFW already? It sounds like you just had SD corruption. If it is turning on without the SD, then you must have moved boot.firm to CTR-NAND already, all you need to do is set up freeShop if you want to get games. Instructions are in the OP of the Noob Paradise thread.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it have CFW already? It sounds like you just had SD corruption. If it is turning on without the SD, then you must have moved boot.firm to CTR-NAND already, all you need to do is set up freeShop if you want to get games. Instructions are in the OP of the Noob Paradise thread.

It has CFW. I booted it with it's original stock SD. When booted with the stock sd I don't see anything other than what you'd see on a unhacked console, which I expected. Now I'd like to put in a new SD card but not sure which folders/files to copy over.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It has CFW. I booted it with it's original stock SD. When booted with the stock sd I don't see anything other than what you'd see on a unhacked console, which I expected. Now I'd like to put in a new SD card but not sure which folders/files to copy over.
Follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup to get all the homebrew programs

Reactions: Youser

MissBloodySunday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it smart to upgrade your New Nintendo 3D XL from 11.6.0-39E to 11.6.0-39U
and than follow steps on 3ds.hacks.guide or is not recommended to du it now / later ?

~

andy27043

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and than follow steps on 3ds.hacks.guide or is not recommended to du it now / later ?

~
I dont think you can change region without cfw. If you already have cfw and want to change the region, you dont have to follow the steps on on that site since you already have cfw. if you change your 3ds region, you can't acces the eshop.
and why do you want to change your region?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

~
Why do you want to region change? Luma has region free built in so nearly all games should work from any region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...