• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Rekner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I want to hack a new nintendo 3ds in 11.7 version, I do not have acces to another hacked new nintendo 3ds, so ¿which is the best method to follow?, ¡thanks in advance :D!

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I just purchased a new 2DS XL and would like to mod it. Before this all I had was a DS Lite with an M3DS Real. I still have the flashcart and it still works.

I'm not familiar with how far advanced the 3DS/2DS modding scene is. I'd like to be able to use my flashcart for DS, play GBA, and use retro emu's.

Is all this pretty standard by now? How well does GBA emulate? Does the 2DS recognize 64gb cards?

Thanks in advance.

GBA compatibility is excellent. You can inject any game into your HOME menu. And yes, cards bigger than 32 GB are supported, you just have to download a program like guiformat to format it correctly.

Hey guys, I want to hack a new nintendo 3ds in 11.7 version, I do not have acces to another hacked new nintendo 3ds, so ¿which is the best method to follow?, ¡thanks in advance :D!

Probably ntrboothax or Seedminer.

For ntrboot you need a compatible DS flashcart, for Seedminer you need some more things.

Last edited by NFates,

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've spent a good portion of the day looking up a variety of B9S installation methods. Is there ANY way to get CFW on 11.6-11.7 "New" 2DS XL, without a flashcart, without hardmodding, without access to an already installed game, or another ALREADY modded 3DS?

Essentially, what I'm asking is, is there any way to softmod this thing like one would do with a Wii, by simply loading up software from an SD/microSD card?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've spent a good portion of the day looking up a variety of B9S installation methods. Is there ANY way to get CFW on 11.6-11.7 "New" 2DS XL, without a flashcart, without hardmodding, without access to an already installed game, or another ALREADY modded 3DS?

Essentially, what I'm asking is, is there any way to softmod this thing like one would do with a Wii, by simply loading up software from an SD/microSD card?
No. At this time no. You gotta use a flashcart or a 2$ eshop game.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! A couple more questions:

1) Don't know a game in particular, so I will just use an example: lets say a game that has both single player and online multiplayer. in this scenario, I might want to cheat for my own personal use in the single player experience. Now If I cheat in this mode, as long as nothing gets carried over to the multiplayer portion, would it still be safe? (i assume anything I cheated at, that COULD potentially carry over to online multiplayer, all bets are off and I CAN get banned, just as if cheating online as well). I like cheating in my own single player experience, but I don't agree to anything that could carry over and potentially affect other players, which in my eyes isn't fair. But I do enjoy cheating in my own games just to explore beyond typical game constraints.

2) as long as no cheating is involved, no romhacks, playing games in regions other than my own, before release date, or hacks in general other than the cfw on the console itself, logging in with a nintendo ID is considered potentially safe as well?

3) System Updates: Apparently these are completely safe to do with luma installed? So if nintendo decides to push out 11.8, 12.0 or whatever, updating is 100% safe and keeps your console hacked after the update? what is the best method to do so? (just go ahead and update? or update luma first, THEN proceed with update? What if luma wasnt updated right away after the system update comes out?) As a general rule im sure its safer to wait, but im just asking to confirm "just in case" scenarios, since the general information I've seen online makes it seem like luma is practically invincible.

4) Is it possible to remove cfw and restore the 3DS back to stock?
1. As long as the actual cheating happens while offline, your good.

2. Yes, you should be fine.

3. 100% Safe thanks to luma and b9s

4. If you made a nand backup while your system was clean, then I think you probably could.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. At this time no. You gotta use a flashcart or a 2$ eshop game.
So I don't mind buying the game, but the installation guide says that I need access to CFW or Homebrew Launcher. How do I get that on a virgin 2DS XL? It also mentions using the online Seedminer helper service though. Does that mean that that service will generate the files I need for me?

[SIZE=3]Installing boot9strap (DSiWare)[/SIZE] said:
The Seedminer method only requires a cheap DSiWare game, available from the eShop. Additionally, access to CFW or the Homebrew Launcher is needed for extracting your 3DS’ movable_part1.sed file, and a PC with a powerful graphics card is needed for bruteforcing the movable_part1.sed file into a movable.sed file. The online Seedminer helper service can automatically do these things for you if you do not have access to them.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi im new to this cfw for my old 3ds i just picked up. im reading the guide and im on version 2.2.0-0u
2.2.0 2.2.0 Use an "All Versions" Method do i really need to buy a flashcart or is there a way to upgrade my system to 3.0 and use the
3.0.0 8.1.0 Installing boot9strap (Soundhax) hack.
No, if you update with a cartridge that won't update your Sound app. If you have a DS flashcart you can update to 4.x with a game cartridge and use https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(mset)

Reactions: snoopdog

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you don't have a flashcart already, get one preflashed with ntrboot or with a switch. @Lilith Valentine
You speak the Devil's name and she shall appear.
so what is my best bet what flashcart should i order
I honestly suggest the R4i Gold Plus over any other cart. The R4i Gold Plus comes with a switch build into it to allow you to switch between NTRBoot and NDS-Mode, basically save a lot of time both when hacking your current system and any future systems you might decide to hack. It also run Wood R4, so there's no nasty timebomb built into your kernel to ruin your fun.
If you are scrapped on cash and don't mind using YSMenu, then I suggest the R4i-SDHC. I suggest the R4i-SDHC over the R4i-B9S because it's unacceptable to pay 2$ more for literally the same cart, but with NTRBoot pre-flashed on it. The major issue with this cart is that the official kernel has a timebomb built into and requires YSmenu to bypass it.

Last edited by The Catboy,

jpatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey All, I bought a hacked 3DS a couple years ago. It came with Luma, FBI, Homebrew, Hourglass9. I didn't have any issues for a long time the Freeshop would auto update most updates were available right in the program and life was good... reading on this site the Github link broke a while back which i am guessing caused a snowball effect on my 3DS... i tried manually updating as people were saying on the page but i am confused as to where the new files should be placed as the Folders on my SD are not named the same as videos are showing... Is there a video anyone would suggest? i tried one where the guy was showing me how to update luma 3ds, fbi, and godmode9 from downloading from Github and placing them in the SD but when he was saying to boot luma with power+start my hourglass9 is opening not luma so i cant get the nand string. I managed to get FBI updated to 2.5.0 however i was trying to update PKSM with QR code scanner and it is giving me another error. i am really contemplating purchasing another 3DS so i could start 100% fresh which i am thinking would be easier.... What would you all suggest? It would be nice to get it running like it was when i bought it lol

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hey All, I bought a hacked 3DS a couple years ago. It came with Luma, FBI, Homebrew, Hourglass9. I didn't have any issues for a long time the Freeshop would auto update most updates were available right in the program and life was good... reading on this site the Github link broke a while back which i am guessing caused a snowball effect on my 3DS... i tried manually updating as people were saying on the page but i am confused as to where the new files should be placed as the Folders on my SD are not named the same as videos are showing... Is there a video anyone would suggest? i tried one where the guy was showing me how to update luma 3ds, fbi, and godmode9 from downloading from Github and placing them in the SD but when he was saying to boot luma with power+start my hourglass9 is opening not luma so i cant get the nand string. I managed to get FBI updated to 2.5.0 however i was trying to update PKSM with QR code scanner and it is giving me another error. i am really contemplating purchasing another 3DS so i could start 100% fresh which i am thinking would be easier.... What would you all suggest? It would be nice to get it running like it was when i bought it lol

First: Don't use video guides. They get out of date quickly and are prone to having errors. Plailect's guide and / or community guides are a better option.

Second: If you bought it years ago and haven't updated it, I assume it has arm9loaderhax. If that's the case, use this guide. It also updates your GodMode9.

To update homebrew apps just go to FBI > TitleDB and look for the app there.

*If you're not sure about your entrypoint (A9LH, boot9strap...) you can tell us your current Luma version. That is seen by pressing Select while booting your console.

Last edited by NFates,

jpatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First: Don't use video guides. They get out of date quickly and are prone to having errors. Plailect's guide and / or community guides are a better option.

Second: If you bought it years ago and haven't updated it, I assume it has arm9loaderhax. If that's the case, use this guide. It also updates your GodMode9.

To update homebrew apps just go to FBI > TitleDB and look for the app there.

*If you're not sure about your entrypoint (A9LH, boot9strap...) you can tell us your current Luma version. That is seen by pressing Select while booting your console.

I believe you are correct and it is A9LH. Luma 3DS V5.5

Oh titledb is so easy!!!

I will read these guides!

You just schooled me in like 5 mins after I have been looking online for hours! LOL

Thanks✊

Reactions: NFates

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for seedminer you need just one stock console. You can read more about whats needed on https://gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-fc-and-mining-help.496114/
Thanks man. I went ahead and bought a game, the rest of the process was pretty seamless.

So now I'm looking at all these folders and trying to make sense of them. To make it easier for me I'll probably just try to equate them to Wii folders. And you let me know if I'm right or wrong. lol

• 3ds = Apps (Homebrew folder)??
-if so, what's the equivalent of a .dol file?

• boot9strap = bootmii?

• luma>payloads shows a GodMode9.firm file
-is this a firmware folder?
-Does this mean I can store multiple firmwares?
-And if so, what would be the purpose of needing different firmwares?

Other General Questions:
I'm about to throw a bunch a questions your way, so if you'd rather link me to post than have to explain it all yourself, I'd understand and would be cool with that too. I'm just trying to figure out ALL that my mod can do now that I've gone ahead and modded it.:P

- What are .cia's and .3dsx's?
- Can I (Should I) run 3DS games from the SD card?
- If yes, where do I put them?
I've also seen mention of a few different 3DS game formats (for example .cia).
- How do I know which format is the most convenient to use?
- And are certain formats more compatible with the 3DS?
- Where can I find a list of Homebrew apps? I have a modded 2DS and nothing to do on it. lol

I have a "M3DS Real" flashcart that I was using on my DSLite. Now that I'm modded, should the cart be plug-n-play, or do I need to do something special to get it to work? It recognizes that I have a cart in there, but it errors out when I try to load it.

Thanks for all your help this far, I really appreciate it.

Last edited by portugeek,

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thanks man. I went ahead and bought a game, the rest of the process was pretty seamless.

So now I'm looking at all these folders and trying to make sense of them. To make it easier for me I'll probably just try to equate them to Wii folders. And you let me know if I'm right or wrong. lol

• 3ds = Apps (Homebrew folder)??
-if so, what's the equivalent of a .dol file?

• boot9strap = bootmii?

• luma>payloads shows a GodMode9.firm file
-is this a firmware folder?
-Does this mean I can store multiple firmwares?
-And if so, what would be the purpose of needing different firmwares?

Other General Questions:
I'm about to throw a bunch a questions your way, so if you'd rather link me to post than have to explain it all yourself, I'd understand and would be cool with that too. I'm just trying to figure out ALL that my mod can do now that I've gone ahead and modded it.:P

- What are .cia's and .3dsx's?
- Can I (Should I) run 3DS games from the SD card?
- If yes, where do I put them?
I've also seen mention of a few different 3DS game formats (for example .cia).
- How do I know which format is the most convenient to use?
- And are certain formats more compatible with the 3DS?
- Where can I find a list of Homebrew apps? I have a modded 2DS and nothing to do on it. lol

I have a "M3DS Real" flashcart that I was using on my DSLite. Now that I'm modded, should the cart be plug-n-play, or do I need to do something special to get it to work? It recognizes that I have a cart in there, but it errors out when I try to load it.

Thanks for all your help this far, I really appreciate it.

Whew. I'll try to answer most of these. I wasn't around for the Wii scene (never even owned one). Will use another way.

The 3ds folder is for homebrew apps, yes.They can either be there (the apps) or only store info there. I don't know what's a .dol file, but if it's the program file, then that's .3dsx .

You can delete the boot9strap folder after installation.

.firm is a file extension used by boot9strap. Some apps, like GodMode9, go in the payloads folder. If there, they appear in the chainloader menu (press start while booting the console). If you only have one .firm in the payloads folder, then that app will run, instead of the chainloader menu appearing. If you have GodMode9, you don't need more .firm apps, but yes, you can have more than one there. You can see a file called boot.firm on the root of your SD card. That's your custom firmware (or whatever you want your console to boot into at startup).

A .cia file is a file that can be installed by FBI. A .3dsx file in one that can be executed in Homebrew Launcher.

Yeah, you can and should run games from the SD card. You can either download them using freeShop (easiest way) or install .cia files of games by using FBI.

For a list of Homebrew apps you can go here, which is the site FBI uses when you select the option TitleDB. That means you can see the page from your console and download homebrew without a PC.

Don't know too much about flashcards, so can't answer the last question. Sorry.

emmerrei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If someone can help me and tell me what to do.
I have an old 3ds with a 9.9.0-26E firmware. I've used few year ago some exploit and got the homebrew channel running. From there i've installed some legit cias. Now, what i'm asking is, to allow me to install any cia, what is the easy and fastest way i can follow?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
If someone can help me and tell me what to do.
I have an old 3ds with a 9.9.0-26E firmware. I've used few year ago some exploit and got the homebrew channel running. From there i've installed some legit cias. Now, what i'm asking is, to allow me to install any cia, what is the easy and fastest way i can follow?

Probably soundhax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol