• Views 4,544,551
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I thought I would post this here as it is a kind of noob question. Anyway, the current mSD card in my N3DS is about 128GB in size and it is quickly filling up. I was looking to get an mSD card that is 256GB in size. My question is, does N3DS support mSD 256GB size? Also, if I get that card, do I just copy everything over? Here is what I have:

- Luma and B9S
- Boot NTR
- FBI and Homebrew Apps (JKSM, etc.)
- Freeshop and CIA games

Also, if I do go with a 256GB mSD card, how do I format it? It needs to be FAT 32, correct? Also, what cluster size do I go with?
Any help greatly appreciated :)

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hi guys. I thought I would post this here as it is a kind of noob question. Anyway, the current mSD card in my N3DS is about 128GB in size and it is quickly filling up. I was looking to get an mSD card that is 256GB in size. My question is, does N3DS support mSD 256GB size? Also, if I get that card, do I just copy everything over? Here is what I have:

- Luma and B9S
- Boot NTR
- FBI and Homebrew Apps (JKSM, etc.)
- Freeshop and CIA games

Also, if I do go with a 256GB mSD card, how do I format it? It needs to be FAT 32, correct? Also, what cluster size do I go with?
Any help greatly appreciated :)

Use guiformat for this. Format it as FAT32 with 32kb cluster size. Copy everything over.

Had a brain fart while on mobile, whoops.

Last edited by NFates,
Reactions: Skeet1983

3dschaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should do a NAND backup if you want to keep some of your data. And that's why it's pointless to do one now: you don't have any data to backup.

No, doing a CTRTransfer doesn't remlve CFW.

Maybe if you restore a NAND backup and put your files back in there. I'm not sure, it's just an idea, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
Thanks NFates!
I proceeded to just Format System Memory for now, and it seems to be good so far (I even updated system version) :)
Another question, is it safe to play multiplayer/online while on CFW? Mainly I will be playing Monster Hunter games, and I will be using physical game carts for them.
Is it also safe to play online for Freeshop downloaded games?

Thank you!

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thanks NFates!
I proceeded to just Format System Memory for now, and it seems to be good so far (I even updated system version) :)
Another question, is it safe to play multiplayer/online while on CFW? Mainly I will be playing Monster Hunter games, and I will be using physical game carts for them.
Is it also safe to play online for Freeshop downloaded games?

Thank you!

It's fine to use online for both, just don't cheat online and you'll be fine.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use guiformat for this. Format it as FAT32 with 32kb cluster size. Copy everything over.

Had a brain fart while on mobile, whoops.

Someone in another thread said to use 64kb cluster size? Would that work also, or should I just stick with 32kb cluster size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's safe. Do it. About the bans, I don't have experience using that patch. Don't play online I guess?

Open Download Play, press L+(DPad)Down+Select, go to miscellaneous, press A on "Switch hb. title to the current app" and reopen DS Download Play. You should be in HBL now. It only works since Luma 8.0 though. If you don't have the latest Luma version, update.
And then so when the game needs to update, I delete the game patch out of the folder I put it in and replace it once it’s updated with the latest version?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
And then so when the game needs to update, I delete the game patch out of the folder I put it in and replace it once it’s updated with the latest version?

Yeah, that's exactly what you need to do.

Someone in another thread said to use 64kb cluster size? Would that work also, or should I just stick with 32kb cluster size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the card is that big you could use 64kb too. It's your choice, I'm just giving you the standards. 64kb is faster, but might not work on some things.

Last edited by NFates,
Reactions: AwesomeSaucemGuy

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, that's exactly what you need to do.

If the card is that big you could use 64kb too. It's your choice, I'm just giving you the standards. 64kb is faster, but might not work on some things.
Sorry I’m so trigger happy with the questions today but, if you were to get banned on the 3DS, could you get unbanned by restoring a NAND backup from a previous time? And also going back to the game patching, is there a chance you might get banned because I used Pokémon Bank with this patch on. Will that do anything?

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Sorry I’m so trigger happy with the questions today but, if you were to get banned on the 3DS, could you get unbanned by restoring a NAND backup from a previous time? And also going back to the game patching, is there a chance you might get banned because I used Pokémon Bank with this patch on. Will that do anything?

To my knowlegde, no bans can be lifted by restoring a previous NAND. Most bans are "located" (can't find a better word) on a file, and if you restore that NAND, you'd have the same file. For example, LFCS_B or the serial ban.

I don't think the outilne patch on Pokémon Bank would be a big trigger.

Reactions: AwesomeSaucemGuy

boajuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Error on Launching SafeB9SInstaller step.
I'm going through 3ds.hacks.guide. At point to run play “<3 nedwill 2016” at Nintendo sound app - screen flashes red then last line "SrvInit()" and then error occurs with restart system at "ok" button. My fw is 4.5.0-10E. SD card 2Gb.
What to do?

Bikkudie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in the process of creating a backup of sysNAND but I don't have enough space. Is it safe to delete a game or two to get the required space?

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in the process of creating a backup of sysNAND but I don't have enough space. Is it safe to delete a game or two to get the required space?
Should be no problem as long as you are willing to wait for the downloads again, and have the saves backed up with Checkpoint.

A sysNAND backup should be around 1.21 GB.

Bikkudie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you! I just needed to be certain before doing it!
And as for save data, I'm fine with losing it, as I don't play the games anymore.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wondering, I have 2 SD cards for my hacked 3ds one for 3ds games and one for emulation.
So I was wondering if I put CFW on another 3DS is there any way I can use one of the SD cards (with all the Games/files on) in the new Hacked 3DS with out losing any files ?

(To clarify I mean 3DS files and games I have acquired from various sources which have their own ticket numbers)

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

Crazyflygon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about Kit Kat, I can stream and hear my voice fine with it and OBS. The issue I have is that my laptop doesn’t have a line in port. Just the headphones port. I bought a splitter and that didn’t work well, still no sound. I checked YouTube but people are using desktops so it doesn’t exactly help me. I am using an male to male as well. I can’t seem to figure this out.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm wondering, I have 2 SD cards for my hacked 3ds one for 3ds games and one for emulation.
So I was wondering if I put CFW on another 3DS is there any way I can use one of the SD cards (with all the Games/files on) in the new Hacked 3DS with out losing any files ?

(To clarify I mean 3DS files and games I have acquired from various sources which have their own ticket numbers)
Homebrew and emulator files will work on all consoles but games will only appear if they were installed on that console.

Reactions: Hi-Dro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: