• Likes 43

Flora0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When following this guide
For some reason when I got to install success and clicked A my 3ds turned of, and now whenever I turn it on theirs a white light and a blue light, but then it turns off. I’m using a Japanese 3ds btw with the latest firmware 11.16, and the only reason I’m following this guide is so I can change the menu system language and get emulators, does anyone have a solution?

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When following this guide
For some reason when I got to install success and clicked A my 3ds turned of, and now whenever I turn it on theirs a white light and a blue light, but then it turns off. I’m using a Japanese 3ds btw with the latest firmware 11.16, and the only reason I’m following this guide is so I can change the menu system language and get emulators, does anyone have a solution?

You should follow this guide instead.
White light on the notification led means you don't have Luma3DS (boot.firm file) on the root of your sd card.

Flora0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The solution was a bit different for me, I had to change the fat format but thank you anyways I really appreciate you helping me out.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The solution was a bit different for me, I had to change the fat format
Yes, the sd card should be formatted as Fat32 (32kb or 64 kb cluster size).
Same thing. Even if you had the Luma3DS files on the sd card (when it was formatted as exfat), the 3ds can't read anything from it because of the formatting, so that's why it gave you that white led light, same as if Luma3DS files weren't present at all.

Flora0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I open Pokémon white 2, black 2 or twilight menu I get this error message
An error occurred (ErrDisp)
Error type: generic
Process ID: 19
Process title ID: bunch of numbers
Address: 0x001093aa
Error Code: 0xc8804478
Pokémon black 2 worked before I home brewed my 3ds so I think that has something to do with it.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everytime I open Pokémon white 2, black 2 or twilight menu I get this error message
An error occurred (ErrDisp)
Error type: generic
Process ID: 19
Process title ID: bunch of numbers
Address: 0x001093aa
Error Code: 0xc8804478
Pokémon black 2 worked before I home brewed my 3ds so I think that has something to do with it.
Can you use DS Internet Settings or DS Download Play? Or any other DS cartridges?

If your DS mode has become corrupted, then TWLFix is usually the solution – but it is somewhat concerning that it became corrupted in the first place.

Reactions: CoolMe

Flora0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use DS Internet Settings or DS Download Play? Or any other DS cartridges?

If your DS mode has become corrupted, then TWLFix is usually the solution – but it is somewhat concerning that it became corrupted in the first place.
No I don’t think I can since I’m using a 3ds, I’ll check twlfix out though. I think it might have became corrupt since I’m using banner bomber setup or the fact that I tried to manually setup TWiLight Menu then realizing that I can just download through qr scanner.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don’t think I can since I’m using a 3ds,
Yes you can, DP app is on the home menu, as for the DS internet settings it's found in system settings/ internet settings/ Nintendo DS connections.
I’ll check twlfix out though.
TWLFix. Or you can just update the system (even if it's on the latest system firmware), it should fix the DS functionality afterwards.
I think it might have became corrupt since I’m using banner bomber setup or the fact that I tried to manually setup TWiLight Menu then realizing that I can just download through qr scanner.
Highly unlikely for both.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or you can just update the system (even if it's on the latest system firmware), it should fix the DS functionality afterwards.
Huh? I thought System Update wouldn't update or fix components unless they were explicitly removed. Isn't that the whole point of TWLFix?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS XL with Sys 11.13 CFW and was wondering if I can play online? Specifically Mario Kart 7?
Update Luma3DS to the latest version (v.11) first then update your system. That's it.
Post automatically merged:

Huh? I thought System Update wouldn't update or fix components unless they were explicitly removed. Isn't that the whole point of TWLFix?
We don't know what caused it (in his/her case), and a simple firmware may work (or not), but it's still worth a try. If it doesn't, there's still TWLFix to try.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Summary: save file imported from 3ds console to citra was found not the latest save, then solved by importing save file using threesd app instead of jksm/checkpoint

Background/Problem:
I managed to import save file from 3ds to citra, then make game progress on citra and save in the game, then restore this save file back to console successfully.
Then. After further playing and saving in console, I re-do the save file importing to citra, to strangely find that the imported save file is not the latest version.

Solution:
1. re-do the save file import, failed for checkpoint (blank save progress!)
2. re-do the save file import, failed for jksm (save progress imported not the up-to-date version)

3. successful using threesd app, see below explanation.

Details of resolution:
First, use Godmode9 (of course in a CFW enabled 3DS console) to run the Godmode9 script "threeSDumper.gm9" that the threeSD archive provides.
This will create a folder in the SD card in the 3DS console including the following files:
L:/threeSD/boot9.bin
L:/threeSD/movable.sed

Next, click the button "Utilities" when opening the Windows app threeSD.exe. Insert the SD card of the 3DS console to the computer (becomes external drive, say L: ).

Fill in the full paths for the generated boot9.bin, movable.sed, and SDMC Root (eg. L:\Nintendo 3DS\11111111\22222222 )

In the "Save Data Extraction" field, click the button "Open" and fill in the path for reading the save file (say
L:\Nintendo 3DS\11111111\22222222\title\00040000\00127900\data ).

Also fill in the export path on PC.

++++ ++++

I hope the above info useful to anyone handling save files between 3ds consoles and citra.

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a old 3DS and I have laters Luma 3DS installert, i have download and install Twilight menu ++ since I want to play GBA games and DS games.
When I shall launch GBA games from Twilight menu++ I get black screen and I still get black screen after download and install GBArunner2.
It's it possible to fix this issue?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a old 3DS and I have laters Luma 3DS installert, i have download and install Twilight menu ++ since I want to play GBA games and DS games.
When I shall launch GBA games from Twilight menu++ I get black screen and I still get black screen after download and install GBArunner2.
It's it possible to fix this issue?
You can ask about that here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious