ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DigitalDeviant said:
An account feature you can take with you no matter what 3ds system your using so you not stuck with one system with all your downloadable content on that one system.
A Steam-like option could work rather well. I've seen another comment somewhere mentioning the same.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
TheDarkSeed said:
If the processor is strong enough. Maybe a video chat client.

A 3D video chat client?
biggrin.gif
You know they'll be shoving this 3D business up every crevice they can.

I'd just like it to be friend codeless, speedier (Browsing DSiShop and Wii Shop is horrible), and just social- and communication-friendly.
unfortunately the 3d camera is on the back XD

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A mini BBS for each game that has wi-fi, I would love to set up games there and give hints.

Transferable DLC

DLC focus for new characters, stages, etc. it would be good for some RPGs that let you create characters or is something like Tacticslayer or Idolmaster where there were hundreds of outfits available.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
geoflcl said:
TheDarkSeed said:

A 3D video chat client?
biggrin.gif

I'd just like it to be friend codeless, speedier (Browsing DSiShop and Wii Shop is horrible), and just social- and communication-friendly.
Unless they give it 4 cameras
tongue.gif

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
friend code based on your 4 last in your personal nr.
for exemple 1994-04-21-"0343" those 4 last as Friend code :=)

D

Deleted-247497

CrimzonEyed said:

but then they could only have 9999 friend codes no?

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
bwillb said:
geoflcl said:
TheDarkSeed said:

A 3D video chat client?
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Why don't they just include two cameras which can flip between facing toward and away from the user?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
snico1995 said:
CrimzonEyed said:

but then they could only have 9999 friend codes no?
now when u say it... its 10000, but still way to little :/

well maybe this then:

After or befor a wifi match you can ask for the other players for their "Friend address". you do this by pressing a button below their profile, they get a note that you want to add them as friend, and they can select to "allow user to add friend address"

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
bwillb said:
geoflcl said:
TheDarkSeed said:

A 3D video chat client?
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
I was actually just thinking they could cut down the number of cameras if they took out the inside one and made the two on the top flip from front to back.
There is currently nothing that actually uses both the inside and outside cameras at the same time even on the DSi library so that wouldn't mess anything up, and when you want to switch modes you can just flip the cameras over. Think of something like this but with two cameras on the flip instead of one.
2900-sony-webbie-hd2.jpg

Since we are working with the 3DS cameras and not an HD camera obviously the camera wouldn't need to be this big, and if you have ever played with a demo of this camera at the store you know it can tell when you change directions so it can flip and not get upside down video. And it wouldn't cost all that much to do either. The Webbie HD cameras were meant to be the least expensive and easiest to use HD cameras in the market. If anything making it two flip cameras and removing the one extra inside one could help cut costs too, or at least cost the same and add all sorts of new creative features like the desired 3D video chat and such.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, I'd only hope for an online browser that allows for plugin downloads, so you can watch videos outside of youtube. As for playing games online, I don't really care, and I doubt Nintendo is going to start caring with the 3DS. Mii characters are practically "proven" on the 3DS, through screenshots, and whatnot. I'm guessing that friend codes will still be used on the 3DS, something that I've never used, or cared to try and use.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i remember i think iwata or someone else saying that they want to bring newspapers to the 3DS. Like when you sleep they put news on your DS over wifi and when you wake up you can read it and take it with you. I really like this idea. I think they should do more of this stuff. They could send demos, trailers, gameplay content to your DS over night.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
hova1 said:
i remember i think iwata or someone else saying that they want to bring newspapers to the 3DS. Like when you sleep they put news on your DS over wifi and when you wake up you can read it and take it with you. I really like this idea. I think they should do more of this stuff. They could send demos, trailers, gameplay content to your DS over night.
Reasons like this make me love nintendo. While other companies are improving our home online, nintendo focusses on our outdoor life take that iPad. Hmm I wonder, if video chat is going to be on 3DS, people will be like "OMMG They copied apples face time!" though I'd disagree for numerous reasons.

If Nintendo can sort out their new network system, then owning the system would be magical, just like the jump from last years consoles to this gen.

Any name suggestions to the online service?

Nintenwork?Nintendonline?

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
Donald Serrot said:
I was actually just thinking they could cut down the number of cameras if they took out the inside one and made the two on the top flip from front to back.
There is currently nothing that actually uses both the inside and outside cameras at the same time even on the DSi library so that wouldn't mess anything up, and when you want to switch modes you can just flip the cameras over. Think of something like this but with two cameras on the flip instead of one.
*snip*
Since we are working with the 3DS cameras and not an HD camera obviously the camera wouldn't need to be this big, and if you have ever played with a demo of this camera at the store you know it can tell when you change directions so it can flip and not get upside down video. And it wouldn't cost all that much to do either. The Webbie HD cameras were meant to be the least expensive and easiest to use HD cameras in the market. If anything making it two flip cameras and removing the one extra inside one could help cut costs too, or at least cost the same and add all sorts of new creative features like the desired 3D video chat and such.
I just posted the same idea on the last page...

QUOTE(Samurai Goomba @ Jul 26 2010, 11:35 PM) Why don't they just include two cameras which can flip between facing toward and away from the user?

...Great minds think alike?
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

I do not mind the friend codes but I hate resetting the friend codes every the Game Card goes into a new system.

THAT WAS SO DUMB.

BUT ANYWAY MIIS AND THE ABILITY TO SHOOT 3D LASERS ON VIDEO CHAT.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
I know!

The online should be called CrossPass Online. Well seeing as the normal tag mode is going to be called CrossPass which sounds amazing.

CrossPass is just an amazing name, nintendo are genoiuses

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1