3DS Parental Controls / SALT

fleamanchi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a 3DS XL from a trade today and did not realize that such a thing existed on these devices that wasn't easily bypassed. It was kind of on the fly and didn't think anything of it and now I am being ghosted on offerup. There seems to be a stigma around here for the youth trying to bypass their parental controls on this forum so I know I should tread this topic lightly. I am trying to do my best due diligence here but I am gathering that the firmware on my 3DS is too new (11.16.0-49U). I did some searching on this forum and it seems that over the years the support for newer firmware through the mkey generator has extended as new versions came out, am I correct to assume this? If I just let the DS sit for awhile and check back every few weeks there might be the possibility that I can use the tool with my version?
Are there other ways of doing this? I have modded some of my older DS's back in the day but i've been out of the game for quite some time. I saw a comment from a user telling someone to just pay the 50 cents and get it legitimately. It seems weird to me that Nintendo would offer that type of service if you don't have proof of purchase or the account associated with the device.

fleamanchi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just try it and see if it works?

I apologize I had already given it a go and it returns an error

Your master key could not be calculated.
If your inquiry number is correct, this server is missing the required data to process it.

Unless I am inputting the information incorrect?

device type - 3DS
System date - today's date on the DS? <--- confused me a little bit
additional data - [empty]
inquiry number - the number that I got by pressing I forget for the pin several times.

Does it matter that I have no network connection? I cant connect to wifi because it is locked by the parental restrictions.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Are you referring to https://mkey.salthax.org/ ?

Why not just try it and see if it works?

I just picked up a 3DS XL from a trade today and did not realize that such a thing existed on these devices that wasn't easily bypassed. It was kind of on the fly and didn't think anything of it and now I am being ghosted on offerup. There seems to be a stigma around here for the youth trying to bypass their parental controls on this forum so I know I should tread this topic lightly. I am trying to do my best due diligence here but I am gathering that the firmware on my 3DS is too new (11.16.0-49U). I did some searching on this forum and it seems that over the years the support for newer firmware through the mkey generator has extended as new versions came out, am I correct to assume this? If I just let the DS sit for awhile and check back every few weeks there might be the possibility that I can use the tool with my version?
Are there other ways of doing this? I have modded some of my older DS's back in the day but i've been out of the game for quite some time. I saw a comment from a user telling someone to just pay the 50 cents and get it legitimately. It seems weird to me that Nintendo would offer that type of service if you don't have proof of purchase or the account associated with the device.
Mkey been out of date since 11.16.
It has to be manually updated by the maintainer of the site.

I have an offline version that's updated, but you have to have python3 installed and know how to run a command prompt program. https://github.com/zoogie/mkey

fleamanchi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mkey been out of date since 11.16.
It has to be manually updated by the maintainer of the site.

I have an offline version that's updated, but you have to have python3 installed and know how to run a command prompt program.

This was exactly what I was looking for. Just ran the script and worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wish we could comment on Google reviews some of them just sound like they were written by r tards +1