Anbernic reveals specs details of pocket-sized RG28XX retro handheld

anbernic rg28xx.jpg

Anbernic is back with yet another retro handheld device. The upcoming RG28XX is another console sporting the quad-core H700 chip of the company's recent RG35XX 2024 Edition, but bears a compact, pocketable form factor.

While the device is not available for sale yet, Anbernic has provided the specs of the RG28XX:

rg28xx specs.jpg

Ahead of its sale to the public, the company has also shared an unboxing video which also includes some of the device's emulation performance:

UPDATE:

Sales for the Anbernic RG28XX is now live on the official Anbernic store. For the first 48 hours, the handheld will retail for $43.99 USD and after that, the price of the device will be at $47.99 USD.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Last edited by Prans,

_TheGuy_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that IOS users finally have a means of emulation with the release of Delta the past week, and Android already having them available, there's no point in these low-end handhelds unless you want to gift it to your nephew or something.

These tiny handhelds were practically made for ants

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Now that IOS users finally have a means of emulation with the release of Delta the past week, and Android already having them available, there's no point in these low-end handhelds unless you want to gift it to your nephew or something.

The appeal of having a dedicated device with physical buttons is always here. Although you may be right in that it seems to be too small to be comfortable.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The appeal of having a dedicated device with physical buttons is always here. Although you may be right in that it seems to be too small to be comfortable.
There are so many even customers who may be interested might be confused because there's so many of them.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that the naming convention is not intuitive and may deter potential buyers.
I bought Data Frog's SF2000 handheld thinking I'd use a lot... Nope, used once or twice and then never again.

Cool handheld and if I had that as a kid I'd have loved it.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another one.

If you have an Android phone lying around and capable of running the emulators you want, just buy a controller that attaches to the phone and there you go, there's your handheld.

All these handhelds just feel like e-waste.
Not really comparable. Controls are worse and that's not even talking about inputlag and UI

I do agree there are so many. I guess there are people who like to collect this stuff, but for the regular guy, they'll just buy one and that's it. Got my Miyoo Mini, it's pretty much the only thing I use when I want to play some 8/16 bits stuff (sometimes even 32).

I wish I had netplay and wifi transfer/bluetooth, but I don't see what would make me want to upgrade besides that. Who's really buying multiple consoles that can run the same thing apart from youtubers ?

Reactions: Blythe93

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Aw shit, one more?
Also, it runs PSP but tbh, you wont pay much since it doesn't have a thumbstick (Jesus, not even an slider...). In this case, unless you connect a controller to it, i will be hard to play

Thank God i already bought my RP4P so I wont care much about this model

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really comparable. Controls are worse and that's not even talking about inputlag and UI

I do agree there are so many. I guess there are people who like to collect this stuff, but for the regular guy, they'll just buy one and that's it. Got my Miyoo Mini, it's pretty much the only thing I use when I want to play some 8/16 bits stuff (sometimes even 32).

I wish I had netplay and wifi transfer/bluetooth, but I don't see what would make me want to upgrade besides that. Who's really buying multiple consoles that can run the same thing apart from youtubers ?
Eh, Bluetooth input lag depends on the specific phone you have. But USB controllers are essentially the same lag wise as any of these handhelds. Just get the USB-C Backbone One.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
a lot of people seemed to want a horizontal device without sticks from anbernic, however, i dont think this is what they really wanted.
real tiny screen, yet another variant of l/r buttons that appears less than comfortable, once again, playing systems that really would want a stick.
just do the 35xx h but put 3ds circle sticks on it so they can't get caught on anything

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Input lag? It connects directly through USB-C, not BT.
Post automatically merged:

Eh, Bluetooth input lag depends on the specific phone you have. But USB controllers are essentially the same lag wise as any of these handhelds. Just get the USB-C Backbone One.
I noticed some really bad lag when playing Sonic Mania on Android with a BT controller, but via USB-C it was smooth sailing.

Reactions: tpax

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Input lag? It connects directly through USB-C, not BT.
That doesn't mean it can't have input lag, granted I've tried some low quality controllers and even on some old phones, it's still pretty bad
I did tried with my xbox controller and 8bitdo sn30 pro+, it works well enough wired but it's uncomfortable
If you already have a pretty good phone, then yeah putting more than 100 bucks on a mobile gamepad could be worth it. But for 50€ you'll have a better emulator console if you really just want to play some 16 bit games, that's a better deal in my opinion. Especially if you prefer dedicated devices.

AHumanBean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Touch Screen controls just don't work for me, I main an Android but never run emulators on it

Reactions: eternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1