jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a way to delete pictures from the 3ds nand, without using the stock camera application?

I have some corrupted pictures on system memory, and trying to open the camera (or face raiders) crashes the system.

I've tried to find where the files are saved with Godmode9, but have had no luck.

I have little attachment to the pictures, But if possible, would like to retrieve them to see if I can restore them to a readable condition.

First and formost, I want them off my 3ds so that I can use it properly

And help is greatly appreciated!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried to find where the files are saved with Godmode9, but have had no luck.
Huh, there's a dedicated partition for them, 3:/

If that fails to get mounted (or you deleted some pictures), you could always make a decrypted backup of the partition (S:/twlp.bin) and run PC software such as PhotoRec on it

You won't find any official 3DS software that deletes pictures outside of 3DS Camera, and your original problem likely points to broken cameras

Last edited by Ryccardo,

jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
The outer cameras work fine in all other instances (ar games, scanning qr codes in pokemon, etc)

This happened when I first installed a9lh and luma sometime last year.

I just haven't gotten around to fixing it since...

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The outer cameras work fine in all other instances (ar games, scanning qr codes in pokemon, etc)

This happened when I first installed a9lh and luma sometime last year.

I just haven't gotten around to fixing it since...
What about the inner camera or the other outer camera? Just because it works now doesn't mean it will work later.
If you are in an area with quite a bit of humidity or salt, the ribbon cable of the camera may erode, and traces may touch each other, which causes issues.

jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
What about the inner camera or the other outer camera? Just because it works now doesn't mean it will work later.
If you are in an area with quite a bit of humidity or salt, the ribbon cable of the camera may erode, and traces may touch each other, which causes issues.
Its always been fine; both of the cameras have.

I can use them in any condition.
Just not with the 3ds camera app, or face raiders.

The face raiders home menu icon is even screwed up, showing only black on the faces, where it would usually display pictures of faces you have saved.

jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I have found where pictures save (in 3ds software extdata) and took all pictures out of that directory.

Strangley, the camera, and face raiders are still unchanged, and continue to crash immediately when attempted to boot

Perhaps the software is the problem, and i somehow messed them up during my initial cfw installation?

If so, how might I fix the broken programs?

(Edit)

Hmmm, I've tried doing a recovery update, which should fix any broken system programs.
But still nothing has changed.
I also deleted the other bit of photo cache, but still, alas; no result.

At this point, should I just format, and reistall my games and save data?

Im 99% sure that it is some bit of saved cache or something, that is causing it.

But I can't find it.

Last edited by jamezfat,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I have found where pictures save (in 3ds software extdata) and took all pictures out of that directory.

Strangley, the camera, and face raiders are still unchanged, and continue to crash immediately when attempted to boot

Perhaps the software is the problem, and i somehow messed them up during my initial cfw installation?

If so, how might I fix the broken programs?

(Edit)

Hmmm, I've tried doing a recovery update, which should fix any broken system programs.
But still nothing has changed.
I also deleted the other bit of photo cache, but still, alas; no result.

At this point, should I just format, and reistall my games and save data?

Im 99% sure that it is some bit of saved cache or something, that is causing it.

But I can't find it.
Make a backup of CTRNAND and TWLP, then delete everything related to Photos and delete everything in TWLP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw