Hardware 3DS retail version with games arrived (Hong Kong)

buckweed187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
doyama said:
buckweed187 said:
also a break down of whats in the box would be nice,and where the bloody stylus lives ?

The box breakdown is available on the Nintendo website so that's not really worth reporting.

If you watch the videos posted earlier the stylus resides beside the cart slot and runs vertically down the system, as opposed to horizontally on previous models.

Never watched the video posted has i was luckly enough to go to a preview 3ds event in bristol earlier this month just couldn't see the stylus placement due to a big lock thing clamping the console and cart in place.

Has for the box breakdown was wondering if any surprise could be found..thanks for the info the.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ramonra said:
That's just a lame excuse.

Maybe so, but still, I'd really like to see people carrying around all the games that some people own. (I would have liked to refer to the photo from Shane Monroe of his DS collection). It is just impossible to think that anyone would do that. But still running games of the cart is a lot easier. If there is a game that I like, I usually buy the game after fiddling around with it
tongue.gif

-Qtis

Biochao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokesplosion.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome turtwig said:
And can anyone explain what these cards are for? I know they're used in AR games... but I'm kinda interested in what each card does, especially the pikmin one.
3D Pikmin in the palm of your hand.
Like this, but with what ever is on the card:
[youtube]yRqtYNDwbPs[/youtube]

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome turtwig said:
ahtin said:

And can anyone explain what these cards are for? I know they're used in AR games... but I'm kinda interested in what each card does, especially the pikmin one.
I can shed a little light on that.
I've played a demo 3DS at my local GAME, I looked at some of the 3D photos on the system, and one of them was an AR game photo, of Mario sitting on the card.

jlsyber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AR game cards:

"When you try to view these cards with the 3DS (camera), out of the card will appear a box. "Something that should not be there" will appear, as if something real is there, and before your eyes a thing that lively moves will magically occur. From this, a new way of playing will be born."

Sorry, my translations not that good
frown.gif
But that's the gist of it

img_ar_01.jpg

img_ar_mato01.jpg
img_ar_mato02.jpg
img_ar_mato03.jpg
img_ar_mii01.jpg
img_ar_mii02.jpg
img_ar_other01.jpg

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/software/bui...n/ar/index.html

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
SSVAV said:
Also, Nintendo isn't THAT dumb. They should have fixed the security flaws present on the DS and DSi by now.
But the 3ds is compatible with DS/DSi games, so the flash cart should just load in DSi mode.
THIS
with all the recent dsi stuff showing up lately, it wouldn't surprise me if people have multiple unknown dsi exploits. and im sure someone will find a way to launch a flashcart in dsi mode. but finding an exploit that cant be patched (automatically at that) on the 3ds will not happen for at least a year, if ever. some people might say they will never update, well i want all the sick features, who cares if it costs money to spend hours playing games. time = money ya know.

but THANKS for the pics, im planning on waiting until the first big Mario release, seeing this eye candy makes me not want to wait.

C

captfalcon

Snailface said:
doyama said:
ChrisRX said:
croagunk.master said:
Did Nintendo tell you that? You know, you really shouldn't go presuming things. DS flashcarts didn't work with the DSi and loads of people tried running their old flashcarts on the DSi and none of them bricked. If the 3DS doesn't read the flashcarts, of course it won't brick it.
You shouldn't go presuming things either. It's highly unlikely but it's not a completely impossibility. In the same way you can say of course my house won't fill with jelly, it's very unlikely but it may still happen.
You're presuming just as much as he is and until someone tests it there may be a chance that there is software or hardware set to disable if a cart attempts to fake the security checks.

I would say it is impossible that Nintendo would intentionally put in code to brick a 3DS if it detected a flash cart. This is not out of some benevolence to hackers. It's a cost issue. Inevitably anything like that is going to generate false positives. Even if it's 1% that's a lot of support calls you have to field (even if you outsourced, you pay them to handle x volume per day and if you go over you start paying through the nose), support costs to fix false positives, or even determine the eligibility of support. Sony/MS have taken similar stances. They basically take away the one thing you want, online support through PSN/Live. They don't remote brick your console. Bricking your console is a risky business no one wants to get into simply from a support cost perspective.
Nintendo would never do this -- it's vigilante justice. They would get themselves in trouble because of it and they know it.

Nintendo wouldnt do this for one reason. They block piracy as they want us to BUY their games. If you they brick your console you cant do this.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Awesome turtwig said:
ahtin said:

I can shed a little light on that.
I've played a demo 3DS at my local GAME, I looked at some of the 3D photos on the system, and one of them was an AR game photo, of Mario sitting on the card.
Does the GAME you played it at still have the demo 3DS on display?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
ShadowFyre said:
Dunno if this was mentioned before, I can't be bothered to look back 9 pages, but is there a wifi symbol on any of the game boxes?
3dsc.jpg

the icon in the bottom right of these game covers is the age rating but the soccer game has an icon in the top right that may be a "wifi-enabled" icon

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a minute I thought that they were speaking Japanese in the video, then I realized that it was in Cantonese... Yay. If only they would load faster. Probably nothing new in them, but I have nothing better to do with my time right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3