3DS sets all-time sales record in Japan

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Tales of the Abyss, Cave Story 3D both impossible to get.

You can have the titles delivered to your nearest GAME of Gamestation HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE within a single week. Free UK shipping, baby.

I actually asked instore in GAME and was told i was SoL getting Tales. I'm hoping they were wrong and have hopes for the re-issue on the 27th but nevertheless for a game that never got a European release it's woefully under supplied. I also have a couple of online orders already placed (put in last month) in two different outlets but neither of those are looking good. I'm also not paying ludicrous amounts for it....

The sad thing is that i don't even like Tales of the Abyss that much (i have the PS2 version which i imported when it was released. It's just the most appealing thing the console has for me at this point.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I wasn't "bitching" at you, it was simply an observation that in fact many people draw.

Oh, if that's the case, then I offer my apologies.

-

Vita will be a complete success once Sony finds a new mascot and/or focus on that unique game which will make the difference between the Vita and the other handhelds (yes mr 3DS, you too..)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tales of the Abyss, Cave Story 3D both impossible to get.

You can have the titles delivered to your nearest GAME of Gamestation HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE within a single week. Free UK shipping, baby.

I actually asked instore in GAME and was told i was SoL getting Tales. I'm hoping they were wrong and have hopes for the re-issue on the 27th but nevertheless for a game that never got a European release it's woefully under supplied. I also have a couple of online orders already placed (put in last month) in two different outlets but neither of those are looking good. I'm also not paying ludicrous amounts for it....

The sad thing is that i don't even like Tales of the Abyss that much (i have the PS2 version which i imported when it was released. It's just the most appealing thing the console has for me at this point.

That is SO weird. Here in Poland we actually have an abundance of 3DS titles, I haven't really seen anyone *buying* any just yet.

As far as online orders in Gamestation are concerned - if they're available on the site it means that they have some in the warehouses and are likely to deliver. They're usually up-to-date with availability.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice, like I said in some other thread I quite enjoy it when systems that I own are healthy, which wasn`t the case at launch for the 3DS. Quite honestly I wasn`t using it a whole lot the first 2 months but now I barely take my hands off of it...

It's sad when the "two sides of gaming" are basically "Nintendo" and "everything else", even though "everything else" is a lot fucking bigger.
"Everything else" imo is Sony and microsoft and I also think it is sad that it wouldn`t hurt me much if someone would take my PS3 and give me a 360, since the games (libraries) on those systems are barely different.

Honestly, I find that very sad!

No offense to the 360 and PS3, since their 3rd-party-support rocks :P (That`s why I`m owning a PS3 :D)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Everything else" imo is Sony and microsoft and I also think it is sad that it wouldn`t hurt me much if someone would take my PS3 and give me a 360, since the games (libraries) on those systems are barely different.

...this is the moment when Microsoft fans flood your house wearing Halo t-shits smelling faintly of Cheetos and scream "WE'S GUT MASTER CHIEF, JOO'S JELLY?!?" and then flash at you.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Honestly, I find that very sad!

No offense to the 360 and PS3, since their 3rd-party-support rocks :P (That`s why I`m owning a PS3 :D)

I'm just saying that exclusivity means jack shit. A good game is a good game, regardless of which platform(s) it's on. Hell, most of my favorite games are multiplats.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as online orders in Gamestation are concerned - if they're available on the site it means that they have some in the warehouses and are likely to deliver. They're usually up-to-date with availability.

All your links were Out of Stock...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm just saying that exclusivity means jack shit. A good game is a good game, regardless of which platform(s) it's on. Hell, most of my favorite games are multiplats.
True, it is a matter of preference what first-party games someone like. I do love Nintendos first party (call me guilty :P) but I wouldn`t be able to pass on games like MassEffect1&2 or BatmanAA/C as well, so I wouldn`t have been happy without my Wii, but that goes for my PS360 as well...

But people, I don`t get why we are talking about this nonsense: I accept myself as a Nintendo-Fanboy, purely because I love the Marios, Samuses, and Zeldas... What can I do about it :D

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, that Tales info there is related to the Jan 27th re-issue which is what i'm counting on for my current two orders so hopefully one will come through.

As for Cave Story...that's certainly worth considering but those prices are still pretty irksome given the game in question....

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yep, that Tales info there is related to the Jan 27th re-issue which is what i'm counting on for my current two orders so hopefully one will come through.

As for Cave Story...that's certainly worth considering but those prices are still pretty irksome given the game in question....
Well, I tried to help. :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Vita will be a complete success once Sony finds a new mascot and/or focus on that unique game which will make the difference between the Vita and the other handhelds (yes mr 3DS, you too..)
Speaking of new mascots, Nintendo should switch to Fox.
Mario is a n00b.
You do realize that Sony doesn't *need* a mascot? They're primarily a hardware development studio.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sony relied on a mascot?

Some say Crash Bandicoot was their gaming "mascot" for a while but the franchise kinda died out after its PSX hay days and it wasn't even entirely a Sony effort. Plus Spyro the Dragon also competes as a cartoony, mascot-worthy character.

Then the PS2 came along. Is it Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, or Clank? Fuck that's 4 competing mascots now.

Then there's the PS3. Nathan Drake is too much of a playboy for the mascot spot so what? Sackboy? But then we have the entirely different art style in ModNation Racers (that other "build-your-own shit" broad appeal title) with different avatar things. What about them?

And wait, the Vita isn't "unique" enough to you compared to the 3DS? One system has TWO FUCKING SCREENS. The other doesn't. THAT'S A RATHER NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE RIGHT THERE.

And if you don't think they have enough "unique" games then buy a goddamn PS2.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
As Guild points out, Sony have never really done the Mascot thing. Consumers have pinned tags on certain characters but Sony never played that game....

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Sony relied on a mascot?

Some say Crash Bandicoot was their gaming "mascot" for a while but the franchise kinda died out after its PSX hay days and it wasn't even entirely a Sony effort. Plus Spyro the Dragon also competes as a cartoony, mascot-worthy character.

Then the PS2 came along. Is it Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, or Clank? Fuck that's 4 competing mascots now.

Then there's the PS3. Nathan Drake is too much of a playboy for the mascot spot so what? Sackboy? But then we have the entirely different art style in ModNation Racers (that other "build-your-own shit" broad appeal title) with different avatar things. What about them?

And wait, the Vita isn't "unique" enough to you compared to the 3DS? One system has TWO FUCKING SCREENS. The other doesn't. THAT'S A RATHER NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE RIGHT THERE.

And if you don't think they have enough "unique" games then buy a goddamn PS2.

Is this a complain of some sort?

I still find Vita needs some new refreshing characters. See, the 3DS speaks for itself, the 3D gimmick and stuff. What about that? Old school characters now in 3D! This was a double edged course Nintendo decided to take once again, and they're stabilizing right now. For some reason, I found the 3DS generation characters to have the "retro feel" it needed long ago (say, Mario, Mario Kart 64 era) and I love it.

PSVita's fortress is... well the 3G + touchscreen + better gfx + PS3 games ported. This must be the 1st time a handheld (known worldwide) offers internal internet connectivity. At least as a dedicated gaming device, unlike iphone.

But, what the heck, I still find Sony to do not cook his own character/genre so they can milk it as they please, this kind of strategy helps supporting the console. If they ever had one OMGZ KNOWN CHARACTER exclusively from Sony since crash bandicoot ol' times, I didn't even noticed them hence, my preferences on any Sony game platform would derive from games I played in my childhood.

On the other hand Nintendo keeps loyal to (most of them) characters/genre as we already know by tradition since 20 years aprox. So no matter how many times we see a Mario Kart 99 or a Pokemon Mayonnaise, it'll be successful because of their own genre and/or characters.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I was about to mention Kratos and Snake, but still they belong to different trademarks. And we already have seen some disputes between Sony and their Trademark Owners

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yep most here in Ohio say pop. Oh oh yea I mean North Korea