Hardware 3ds shell swap problem

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been doing a shell swap with my 3ds, and there's one piece that I can't manage to take off of the original shell. It's that black cover thing (great description xD) on the right of the charging port hole. Is this something that the shell replacement was supposed to have come with or am I just being stupid with how I'm trying to take this off. I know that it doesn't really do anything but it would suck if something like a liquid got in there. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

Attachments

• 20180218_224137768_iOS.png
    20180218_224137768_iOS.png
    503.1 KB · Views: 231

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My shell replacement didnt come with that, or camera lens covers, I was a bit mad about it... But I just live without them. Pretty stupid to ship an incomplete product tbh...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your 3DS a New XL btw? Your shell looks modified with that hole cut out. That black portion is the cover lens for the IR sensor. You could try custom fabricating a new lens with a piece of clear plastic sheet & tint to kinda give a somewhat OE look.

Edit - try finding a cheap pair of sunglasses with flat lens. Grind and x-acto knife it as close to that shape.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your 3DS a New XL btw? Your shell looks modified with that hole cut out. That black portion is the cover lens for the IR sensor. You could try custom fabricating a new lens with a piece of clear plastic sheet & tint to kinda give a somewhat OE look.
Yeah it's a capture card new 3ds xl. I might try to do that but I want do have the 3ds working again pretty quickly. Thanks though

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would probably work! Thanks :D how would I get it to stick though?
Hot glue should work provided there's a ledge, gap, or contact surfaces between lens and shell. Make sure the sunglasses are the cheapie ones with plastic lens and no UV protection they pass out in events. I dunno how the original lens attach unless you can show a picture of the hole from the backside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgtO5sebA9U