3DS slide pad peripheral has a battery life of 480 hours

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the title mistake, I typed this at school, procrastinating IT work so I rushed it.
Doesn't look like I could edit it. Would a mod mind doing it in my place?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I read the title, and immediately thought "oh, the 3DS slide pad has a 480 hour life"

How the hell is it misleading? It didn't say "3DS slide pad makes 3DS last 480 hours."

EDIT: Unless it got changed, lol.

It could last as long as it wants, i'm still never getting one for my 3DS. That thing is an eyesore.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I read the title, and immediately thought "oh, the 3DS slide pad has a 480 hour life"

How the hell is it misleading? It didn't say "3DS slide pad makes 3DS last 480 hours."

EDIT: Unless it got changed, lol.

It could last as long as it wants, i'm still never getting one for my 3DS. That thing is an eyesore.

It used to say "3DS slide pad extends battery life to 480 hours" so it's changed.

Won't ever buy it or use it. Maybe

nathancnc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG one AAA battery can extend my 3DS battery life to 480 hours!!!!

OMFG, time to break open 3DS and shove in as many AAA batteries as will fit, and tape shut!!!!!!

DO IT NOAW!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If that many hours were in 3DS and Vita.. :O

Alas it's just the SlidePad, 480 hours seems possible because like someone mentioned earlier, it only needs to send IR Signals to the 3DS just like a TV Remote.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That actually sounds very likely, but incredible.
What the slider pad is doing is just sending IR codes to the 3DS each button press, which shouldn't take much battery.
If this comes with a battery, you won' even notice it takes batteries for a LONG time.
good point. its works like a tv remote and you know those last a long time

and this thing only needs to send a signal about a mm
Except that a remote sends it only when you use it. The slider pad has to send data all the time (even not moving the add-on is data). So the 480 hours may be quite pushing the line. Also there are different kinds of AAAs :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That actually sounds very likely, but incredible.
What the slider pad is doing is just sending IR codes to the 3DS each button press, which shouldn't take much battery.
If this comes with a battery, you won' even notice it takes batteries for a LONG time.
good point. its works like a tv remote and you know those last a long time

and this thing only needs to send a signal about a mm
Except that a remote sends it only when you use it. The slider pad has to send data all the time (even not moving the add-on is data). So the 480 hours may be quite pushing the line. Also there are different kinds of AAAs :P

Err, no. The IR diode *could* be for example turned on and actively transmitting data only when the X and Y axises of the slider are different then the values it was booted with, and send 1 signal when it's booted and 1 when it's disengaged to inform the console whether it's attached or not. In all cases when it is not used it can be in sleep mode. 480 hours is *very* likely, which doesn't make the pehaptial even a bit more "good-looking", I still think it's an abomination of the likes of Mega-CD add-ons.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
That's how long the battery in the slider expansion will last. It won't extend the 3DS battery life.
Nintendo should have done something like this.
The first time I saw this thing I thought of it.

But Nintendo still doesn't understand how to sell the 3DS.. :/

Ehh, supposedly there is supposed to be a new 3DS with dual analog sticks coming out in 2012, I assume it'll have a better battery life as well so...They do, they're just taking their time.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
That's how long the battery in the slider expansion will last. It won't extend the 3DS battery life.

Ehh, supposedly there is supposed to be a new 3DS with dual analog sticks coming out in 2012, I assume it'll have a better battery life as well so...They do, they're just taking their time.
Don't believe that nonsense, It's all unconfirmed.
How could people be against this though?
It looks as if it will feel nice to play with and will add new functions.
Oh yeah and it's OPTIONAL

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Optional until they make games that require 2 analog sticks. Unless this thing sells for $20 I refuse to buy it until it becomes $20. It looks clunky, uncomfortable and clunky.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure that 3DS lite will be next to have 2nd stick. Right now, I refused to buy 3DS because of one joypad and it is unacceptable. I will wait for Lite to have both joypads.. For better battery life and better games supporting in the near future according to 3rd party. A third partiy is a key I am focus on mostly. A first party like Nintendo is fine but it doesnt matter to me.. 3rd party is the reason for consoles and portables to be successfully. :)

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Optional until they make games that require 2 analog sticks. Unless this thing sells for $20 I refuse to buy it until it becomes $20. It looks clunky, uncomfortable and clunky.

1: It is selling for $20. The price is confirmed.
2: I don't think Nintendo will allow them to do that, thus fragmenting the gamebase. Nor are they stupid enough to make a game that must have it without bundling it with the game as the sole version of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1