Feedback 3ds won’t boot, only shows a blue light and instantly turns off

XxBobo_MonkeyxX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese New 3ds that I bought off of Ebay about a month ago. I installed cfw when I got it and it has been working fine until right now. When I tried to turn the system on, the blue light turned on for one second and instantly turned back off, no fading. I tried removing the sd card and the same thing happened. Put it back in and the screen flashed with the attached image. In the homebrew discord people said it might be a ribbon that needs to be reseated but I wanted a second opinion. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpeg
    IMG_1055.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ribbon cable to the upper screen and/or loudspeaker+3D cable are not properly inserted and/or defective (starting to tear because of normal usage).

Try opening the shell only partially. Sometimes a damaged cable might work in a certain angle. But I recommend to not try to often if violent shutoff occurs. Reseating of ribbon cables is the first step. If that doesn't help, the second one is replacing the stuff going to the upper screen assembly. Not quite cheap and pretty complex repair… but better than "just get another one" since they all will get this at some point.

Good luck!

Reactions: XxBobo_MonkeyxX

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
did you read the thread and see about trying whats been said?
Yes, so when i was turning the 3DS a month ago, i got this issue, i was trying to check the sd card, and turns out it went to raw, so i tried recovering all the files, and i was able to, now i tried putting boot.firm boot.3dsx in the root, i got nothing, trying godmod holding start, luma holding select, no luck, tried another sd card, nothing, i opened the 3DS , tried unpluging ribbons one by one, and no luck.
any idea ?
Post automatically merged:

OH !!!
Thank god , i rolled back to luma 3DS v 12.0.0 and for some reason, that did work for me, thank god, i disassambled it to pieces, and that didn't do it, thank god it was a software issue !!

Last edited by MO35AB,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one