Hardware 3DS won’t boot

Zm1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve got a 3DS XL that refuses to boot. I know it’s had custom firmware put on it in the past it’s been sitting for awhile I just drug it out of storage. When I press the power button the blue light will come on but nothing on the screen and I have to hold the power button for about 30 seconds to get it to turn off. Sometimes when I turn it on it will turn right back off. I have tried a new SD card and with both a9lh Luna and with b9s Luma as I don’t remember which it has I’m pretty sure it was a9lh since this was like my first modded 3DS.

anyone have any idea on how I might can revive this system?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I’ve got a 3DS XL that refuses to boot. I know it’s had custom firmware put on it in the past it’s been sitting for awhile I just drug it out of storage. When I press the power button the blue light will come on but nothing on the screen and I have to hold the power button for about 30 seconds to get it to turn off. Sometimes when I turn it on it will turn right back off. I have tried a new SD card and with both a9lh Luna and with b9s Luma as I don’t remember which it has I’m pretty sure it was a9lh since this was like my first modded 3DS.

anyone have any idea on how I might can revive this system?
Just to be sure.
When you turn the console on... does a "pop" sound comes frome the speakers?

Zm1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure.
When you turn the console on... does a "pop" sound comes from the speakers?

no pop.

its like the first time i push the power button its on then off then if i turn it on again it stays on until i hold the button down then it just repeats again if i press the power again it turns on then off then stays on if powered on after.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well i just tried a new SD card and put luma 7.0.5 a9lh on it and only that I powered it on while holding start and i saw the screen turn on for a second and display something then it turned off

Zm1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've haven't been able to get the screen to turn on again but when it flickered i noticed 3 different colored lines running across the top screen from side to side. but i have noticed now when i have the SD card set up from a9lh to b9s conversion from the 3ds guide the 3ds will stay on with the sd card in but turn on then off with the card out. so im guessing it is seeing the arm9loaderhax.bin file but it doesn't seem to turn the screens on anymore not sure what is wrong with it. as if it was a corrupt nand i should still at least see the recovery menu which i did see for like a split second but cant get it to display anymore.

Zm1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure.
When you turn the console on... does a "pop" sound comes frome the speakers?

So I'm guessing the screens could possibly be bad. as sometimes if I hold the select button sometimes I can see the luma config menu appear for like a split second then the system will power off holding down select will power on then off sometimes the screens will initialize but the top screen has multi colored lines in it . If I hold the start button to chainload the b9sinstaller I'm assuming it loads because it doesn't power off it says on but the screens never turn on. I think the 3DSXL requires the screen to function of the backlight to be able to fully boot

Last edited by Zm1231,

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The lines as far as I remember are when the ribbon cables are damaged but still connected, or the screen has gone bad as you said.
You should replace the damaged screen, or in case both are damaged, then... replace them both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, gonna block you for real if you keep being like that
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well.... Go ahead my "friend". If it makes you happy :mellow:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Really, blocking him will only hurt you, we will see his messages, but you wont
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, ok i'm not blocking him
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The internet is full of clowns.
    +2
    and an 👴 just having fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the beach
    Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, without the l
    +1
    Enjoy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?
    +1
    Always :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man bought a $20 a gauge at Amazon that was all fancy digital went to hook it up did t detect shit, then went back and bought an analog worked right away
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    watching xbox direct but the feed keeps getting dc'd, oh well
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back to MH rise
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars