Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
So I'm heavily browsing the shops for a 3DS XL with a firmware not higher than 4.5 which means (according to the GW3DS review) that the year after "trademark Nintendo" shouldn't exceed 2012. I found one which has the number as low as 2011 and it got me thinking - how come an XL is dated 2011 while the first units were released in 2012? Has the seller lied to me or there actually were some units dated that early? Does anybody have a year earlier than 2012 on ther XL's box?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
So I'm heavily browsing the shops for a 3DS XL with a firmware not higher than 4.5 which means (according to the GW3DS review) that the year after "trademark Nintendo" shouldn't exceed 2012. I found one which has the number as low as 2011 and it got me thinking - how come an XL is dated 2011 while the first units were released in 2012? Has the seller lied to me or there actually were some units dated that early? Does anybody have a year earlier than 2012 on ther XL's box?
Probably lying to you, I have a day 1 XL and its (c)2012.

Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks a lot for the replies. I don't think he may have given me the year from the unit instead since a) I plainly asked for the box and even attached a photo showing where to look for it and b) he states the unit is new and never unboxed so he shouldn't be able to tell me anything about non-predictable numbers on the device in the first place. Regardless of the case, the guy is (hopefully unpurposefully) lying. I'll investigate it further ;)

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask him for a picture of the box. Could be a fool who thinks "the earlier, the better" since you asked for the year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I had a brown ops log in the shitter