Hardware 3DS XL won't turn on (Hardware "modifications" were made)

JackTheFroster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright... i was "fixing" a 3DS for a friend. The holder for the top half is broken and the ribbon cable for the top LCD is torn so i replaced both with a cheap one (The "holder" first and the LCD a week or so later). The ribbon cable for the camera is also torn but i thought it won't be necessary to replace that. So the problem is, that when i press the Power Button, the LED lights up for like 2-5 seconds and turns off. No sign of power for both LCD's. So of course i searched on Google for the problem. There was a "solution" for CFW, but the 3DS has no CFW and the power light flashes way longer than 1 second. Another solution was with the battery. I have 2 batteries and already tried both. I doubt that this is the problem but i am not sure. When i replaced the "holder" and turned the 3ds on there was sound but both screens were black. I opened up the 3ds, checked what might be the problem (it was the ribbon cable for the LCD), after that i put the 3DS together and then the problem started.

Sorry if it's a bit confusing, it's late and i can't think properly. Hope somebody can help me or at least say it's bricked and can't be fixed.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless this system is a new 3DS XL, you need a functional camera. If there are any disconnected flex cables or those with broken leads, the 3DS/2DS systems will refuse to boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...