Homebrew 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool aka Custom Themes on Ninjhax/Gateway

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I use the "Helloween Theme" which I got in helloween for free and customize this one to get a "permanent" (until you change the theme manually) custom Theme in sysnand 9.2 . I only need to customize/install the custom theme and bgm with ninjhax

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea. If someone has a clean savedata.bin with the Sonic Boom theme, I'll try to see if it works. If it does, then anyone could use said savedata.bin to permanently install custom themes.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Custom themes at last. Using the .cia version with Gateway. Couldn't get it to work at first, kept resetting to normal theme. In the end turning the 3ds off without exiting the app seemed to make it stick.

Also, I assume if I change theme, the custom one is lost and has to be reapplied? It doesn't permanently replace the theme in the selection list?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also in the 9.2 and no custom themes boat. I feel you, DarkFlare.

And yeah, anyone who's got the Sonic theme saved, hook it up.

I have a halloween theme that someone on GBATemp posted, which I think is a free theme (so it should be okay to distribute) but it's not in the savedata format, so I've already tried it and it still resets on sleep

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the only thing that suck is that its gone once you activate sleep mode xD
Sadly it mostlikely isnt as simple as saving the files as Read only.

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm also in the 9.2 and no custom themes boat. I feel you, DarkFlare.

And yeah, anyone who's got the Sonic theme saved, hook it up.

I have a halloween theme that someone on GBATemp posted, which I think is a free theme (so it should be okay to distribute) but it's not in the savedata format, so I've already tried it and it still resets on sleep

I've got the halloween theme, how would I go about backing up my savedata.bin?

edit: pretty sure I did it right, give me a sec to upload it

edit2: here is the link to my savedata.dat

Nightbane30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why...why did I update? :(

EDIT: Also, to anyone who is having trouble with music, go to brawlcustommusic, download a file less than or equal to 40 seconds. Rename that file to BGM.bcstm. NOTE, IT MUST BE CAPITAL BGM. Place it in the extdata application folder, then follow the process as you normally would. This is how I got it working on my alternate 3DS. Playing Traverse Town with that KH theme :D

Deleted member 313057

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
commentblock.com
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: Also, to anyone who is having trouble with music, go to brawlcustommusic, download a file less than or equal to 40 seconds. Rename that file to BGM.bcstm. NOTE, IT MUST BE CAPITAL BGM. Place it in the extdata application folder, then follow the process as you normally would. This is how I got it working on my alternate 3DS. Playing Traverse Town with that KH theme :D

Doesn't have to be capital BGM.

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually I have been messing with this for a little, and I think it has been said earlier, you can use any of the files that are lower than 3.5MB. But this seems to be around a minute and 30 seconds or so. Plus of minus a few seconds.

There are plenty of great themes on there as well that you can use.

Also just as a note I have been messing with how to try and convert .wav files into .bcstm and it works with the every file explorer that you can find in released tools, it's just that some files seems like they are way bigger than I would have thought them to be.

blweldon2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I have been messing with this for a little, and I think it has been said earlier, you can use any of the files that are lower than 3.5MB. But this seems to be around a minute and 30 seconds or so. Plus of minus a few seconds.

There are plenty of great themes on there as well that you can use.

Also just as a note I have been messing with how to try and convert .wav files into .bcstm and it works with the every file explorer that you can find in released tools, it's just that some files seems like they are way bigger than I would have thought them to be.
Edit the wav inside Audacity. You can decrease the quality for a massive file size drop. The 3ds speakers aren't even that great, so nothing will really be missed. Been doing that to set mp3's as background music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1