Hacking 4 questions about Firmware updating Switch?

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1.If I right understand: if I run Daybreak on my EmuNand, there will be no changes on the SysNand, so I cant brick my Switch?
2.Will there be burned any Fuses, I mean if this is the case, I would not able to boot my SysNand?
3.What is the newest Firmware, that is Safe to upgrade and can I use this Tutorial for it: https://www.sthetix.info/offline-update/
4.Do I need to update Hekate or Atmosphere?
Thank you

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 Everything you do n in EmuNAND stays in EmuNAND. Your internal NAND is not engaged.
2 You only burn fuses if you boot normally. Atmosphere will not buen them.
3 IDK that tut. IF you have an unpatched Erista you can update to the newest firmware anyway. Put the files on your SD. Run Daybreak. Follow prompts.
4 always keep hekate and Atmosphère up to date.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Sthetix is generally a good source, specially for mod chip installation stuff, but that video is 1 year old so not sure how up to date it is anymore.
Let me suggest to use this guide: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Also, I don't really believe there is any benefit from "not burning fuses", just keep both the sysnand and emunand updated and you'll have no issues. But if you plan to use only the emunand to play offline, then you're good either way.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sthetix is generally a good source, specially for mod chipping installation stuff, but that video is 1 year old so not sure how up to date it is anymore.
Let me suggest to use this guide: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Also, I don't really believe there is any benefit from "not burning fuses", just keep both the sysnand and emunand updated and you'll have no issues. But if you plan to use only the emunand to play offline, then you're good either way.
Keeping your fuses is a personal choice. IF your fuses are on 1.0 for a potential cold boot... maybe. 3.0 for pegaswitch maybe.. 4.0 for Fakenews.. maybe.

1.0 cold boot will not happen unless a save game exploit for a launch title happens. Not likely SiresM talked about it in depth.

Pegaswitch is mostly useless. Your prerogative.

Fake news is nice. I ran it for a long time.

There are uses. You might not care but it's not your machine.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.If I right understand: if I run Daybreak on my EmuNand, there will be no changes on the SysNand, so I cant brick my Switch?
2.Will there be burned any Fuses, I mean if this is the case, I would not able to boot my SysNand?
3.What is the newest Firmware, that is Safe to upgrade and can I use this Tutorial for it: https://www.sthetix.info/offline-update/
4.Do I need to update Hekate or Atmosphere?
Thank you
I looked at that tut. Never use premade packs like that. They aren't updated and often aren't complete

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you have a theme? Backup and remove the folder SD:atmosphere/contents...
Or was it SD:atmosphere/titles

Lots of times it's a plugin.
Is it dangerous to try booting SysNand, I installed the Update on my EmuMMC, I hope that the SysNand dont try to install the update and brick

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im curious is your nand a donor nand?
Yes it is a donor Nand
Post automatically merged:

If you're running EmuNAND it wont affect your SysNand

Atmosphere/contents back it up
So if I boot SysNand there is not risk.
I just ask, not that the SysNand will install the downloaded UpdateData from the EmuNand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch