Failed to commit to content records

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whenever i install games from NSP backups, eventually, i get this error message.
So far i tried manually re-updating atmosphere, hekate, sigpatches, using several different nsp backups.
Went into Maintenance/recovery mode and fixed the archive bit (nothing found).

im running out of ideas of what i can do.

EDIT: Ran checkdisk now, too and nothing was found

Also tried DBI now. Also errors out.

also removed all unused tickets before installation, as well as completely new atmosphere and bootloader folders with fresh installs.
those games dont have any savedata i could remove and havent been played.

Last edited by Nakamichi,

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try using different installer, I recommend DBI. https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases
DBI doesnt work either, it seems?

dbi.jpg

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say manually updated Atmosphere, Hekate, did you delete the old folders, and copy new fresh files? And btw those are NSZ you are trying to install, not NSP, but DBI should install NSZ no problem. My guess is something is wrong with your Atmosphere files, like you overwrite instead of coping new files.

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Delete any game saves or game data associated with those games, before installing, in Switch settings.
never played them before, have no saves
Post automatically merged:

When you say manually updated Atmosphere, Hekate, did you delete the old folders, and copy new fresh files? And btw those are NSZ you are trying to install, not NSP, but DBI should install NSZ no problem. My guess is something is wrong with your Atmosphere files, like you overwrite instead of coping new files.
completely replaced atmosphere and bootloader folders with new atmosphere, hekate etc files. no change.
nsp and nsz makes no difference.
also removed all unused tickets, no difference there either.

Last edited by Nakamichi,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading a game from a online source, and see if it installs, if it does, then your backups are corrupted. Maybe when you compressed them to NSZ format.

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nand Backups are only around 29GB. It should have been one of the first things you did at the beginning of modding the Switch; backup Nand, and get Keys.
that would have been over two years ago and installing over 1tb of content later. im good, not gonna undo that just for a chance that it might help maybe

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
that would have been over two years ago and installing over 1tb of content later. im good, not gonna undo that just for a chance that it might help maybe
The 1tb of content can be batch installed. You need a working environment.

I do make regular backup of my sd card so I can back to a know working state anytime

Yeah for me us 800 Gb but that has saved me on the past

By the way you're not telling us if you are using any type if EmuNAND or working directly to SysNAND

Reactions: BigOnYa

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 1tb of content can be batch installed. You need a working environment.

I do make regular backup of my sd card so I can back to a know working state anytime

Yeah for me us 800 Gb but that has saved me on the past

By the way you're not telling us if you are using any type if EmuNAND or working directly to SysNAND
i am indeed, the extra storage has come in usefull.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright