Not open for further replies.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm rubbing my eyes in disbelief here.

Did you really just use a vacuum cleaner running linux, an overclocked toothbrush and webserver access to your wife (?!) as your final defence?

I accept defeat.

I ended up with more suitable arguments at about page 7 of the discussion.

Looks like you forgot add sys-ftpd-light to the credits
Exactly! Thank you, I’ll add.

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're still violating lots of licenses. And not to be rude but, you still think heat is the only issue. You're right about heat not being a big issue. There are lots of limits and things, but they didn't have in mind while designing that someone would push the chip, the components and the VRM/PSU that far out of spec. That far that it could, no, it will damage them. You have ignored every advice and opinion from us this far. And you don't keep your word either.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You're still violating lots of licenses. And not to be rude but, you still think heat is the only issue. You're right about heat not being a big issue. There are lots of limits and things, but they didn't have in mind while designing that someone would push the chip, the components and the VRM/PSU that far out of spec. That far that it could, no, it will damage them. You have ignored every advice and opinion from us this far. And you don't keep your word either.

I'm used to being responsible for my words. And so far, I do not see any discrepancy between my words and my actions.

I listen to advices, but I do not take it on faith before I check it, find formulas, recount. If I didn’t take the advice, then I thought that advice was wrong. Am I wrong sometimes? Undoubtedly. But! How many consoles have lost their functionality due to this modification? Not a single one. ZERO. Well, what are the complaints against me? How about the presumption of innocence? If someone doesn't like the modification, I advise them to walk by and do something more useful than fooling me. I am tired of responding very politely to baseless accusations, which in their semantic meaning resemble the arguments of people who are afraid of vaccines and 5G communication towers. I am beginning to feel that my politeness is being abused.

I have described the potential risks quite explicitly. You have to be infinitely imbecile to overclock the chips without knowing the consequences. Since when have potential risks of harm become the reason why overclocking modifications should be banned on the forums? It seems to me that this can only occur to people with mental disabilities. Forgive me if I offended anyone. I have nothing against the disabled and the weak-minded.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But! How many consoles have lost their functionality due to this modification? Not a single one. ZERO.

You didn't release the Erista mod yet and nor does anyone use these mods on Erista like that, that's the whole point of this. On Erista people use the RAM overclock only which has been deemed to be safe. How can you reply like this when the vast difference between Erista and Mariko is what's being discussed?

By the way KazushiMe even published his Mariko pack in the release section and he follows licenses properly: https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite/releases/tag/1.2.5.0

With this now an official release again I don't see a need for your pack to even exist.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You didn't release the Erista mod yet and nor does anyone use these mods on Erista like that, that's the whole point of this. On Erista people use the RAM overclock only which has been deemed to be safe. How can you reply like this when the vast difference between Erista and Mariko is what's being discussed?

By the way KazushiMe even published his Mariko pack in the release section and he follows licenses properly: https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite/releases/tag/1.2.5.0

With this now an official release again I don't see a need for your pack to even exist.

How is it that nobody tests on Erista? What do you think I have been doing in the last weeks? What have 4PDA volunteers been doing in recent weeks? Or does someone think I am releasing a modification blindly?

By the time the modification is released, you will not find any problems with the license. The KazushiMe modification (only released yet just two hours ago) has not yet replaced the simplified alternative. If it will be downloaded more often, I will only be glad, it will indicate that the entry threshold has dropped significantly enough for the topic to be available to beginners.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm used to being responsible for my words. And so far, I do not see any discrepancy between my words and my actions.

I listen to advices, but I do not take it on faith before I check it, find formulas, recount. If I didn’t take the advice, then I thought that advice was wrong. Am I wrong sometimes? Undoubtedly. But! How many consoles have lost their functionality due to this modification? Not a single one. ZERO. Well, what are the complaints against me? How about the presumption of innocence? If someone doesn't like the modification, I advise them to walk by and do something more useful than fooling me. I am tired of responding very politely to baseless accusations, which in their semantic meaning resemble the arguments of people who are afraid of vaccines and 5G communication towers. I am beginning to feel that my politeness is being abused.

I have described the potential risks quite explicitly. You have to be infinitely imbecile to overclock the chips without knowing the consequences. Since when have potential risks of harm become the reason why overclocking modifications should be banned on the forums? It seems to me that this can only occur to people with mental disabilities. Forgive me if I offended anyone. I have nothing against the disabled and the weak-minded.
compulsive lying, denying, deflecting, hyperbole, cognitive bias, playing the victim, dunning kruger effect, narcissism, the list goes on and on. probably shouldn't try to belittle others mental disabilities without evaluating your LONG list first

• Haha
Reactions: mathew77
Important

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd like to remind everyone that running this homebrew is at your own risk.
We as staff and GBAtemp can not be hold responsible for any damages that might occur from usage.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it that nobody tests on Erista? What do you think I have been doing in the last weeks? What have 4PDA volunteers been doing in recent weeks? Or does someone think I am releasing a modification blindly?

By the time the modification is released, you will not find any problems with the license. The KazushiMe modification (only released yet just two hours ago) has not yet replaced the simplified alternative. If it will be downloaded more often, I will only be glad, it will indicate that the entry threshold has dropped significantly enough for the topic to be available to beginners.
I've tested it numerous times over the past two years. Each time giving the same results, high power draw, high temps, etc, it's even unpleasant at idle iirc. If you actually push it (you probably aren't, not much can take advantage of these speeds), I don't even think it's sustainable in Horizon, either the battery will die after an hour or so, you'll hit the thermal shutdown trip point, or shit will crash.

Edit: I was also told you're making conspiracies and shit that me and others are actually using this shit normally privately to feel special. This is untrue, I don't use the patches normally outside of giving the load time boost mode thing a light increase.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Deleted member 568892

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazushiMe stubbed ValidateAcidSignature so yes. But I recommend using the patches from iTotalJustice. Unless Cooler3d compiled the package himself and didn't do it. Patches will behave very weird if he didn't stub it.
Where can I find the iTotalJustice patches and what advantages do they have?

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Search on internet, and they circumvent security to check if a game is legit or not. Basically allows you to do piracy. Does include the installation of homebrew forwarders too.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about this. How do you direct an overclock to run at a specific interval, say load time?
Sometime in 2019 (iirc in 7.0?) Nintendo added support for boosting the CPU clock to 1785MHz while reducing the GPU clock to 76MHz to help improve load time that devs can use if they wish to do so. I just patch the PerformanceConfigurations used by that to set 1989 instead of 1785

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was aware of Nintendo's boost mode. So, on an erista unit, is boosting past the default 1785 for mere seconds of loading a "big" risk?

:edit: sounds as if the risk is minimal?
It's very low risk (on my console I don't even need to overvolt or any of that fun shit for the freq I use) which is why it's the only thing I use my patches for.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: Tu40k

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was aware of Nintendo's boost mode. So, on an erista unit, is boosting past the default 1785 for mere seconds of loading a "big" risk?

with the GPU being underclocked to compensate for it I'd say its much less of a risk

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

It’s what we call a “buffered” workload - you’re redlining, but for a very insignificant amount of time and at a reduced GPU clock to compensate. I’d say the risk is minimal also.

Indoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im working on collecting detailed info on Erista vs Mariko in regards to overclocking and power delivery for a write up but preliminary info

Erista uses 2x MAX77621 which is a 3 Phase 16A buck converter. One is for APU other is for other board components/RAM.

Mariko on on the other hand uses max77812 for APU and MAX77620 for other components. 77620 is under NDA and you cannot share info but the max77812 is a 4phase 20A buck.

TLDR: Mariko not only uses less power than Erista but has much better power delivery.

EDIT: after digging into Hekate the MAX77817 runs in these 2 modes

#define MAX77812_PHASE211_CPU_I2C_ADDR 0x33 // 3 Outputs: 2-phase M1 + 1-phase M3 + 1-phase M4.
#define MAX77812_PHASE31_CPU_I2C_ADDR 0x31 // 2 Outputs: 3-phase M1 + 1-phase M4.

In either case the CPU is still limited to the same 5A as far as i can tell between mariko/erista. Im not sure but Looks like DRAM may also now possibly be on the same PMIC as the APU with this

#define MAX77812_REG_M3_VOUT0x25 // DRAM on PHASE211.

but Im not 100% and Ill have to contact ctcaer for more info

Last edited by Indoo,

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time I check this thread all I see are people with way too much time to criticize someone else's work.
I mean, if you don't wanna use this mod on an Erista model, then don't and move on with your life.

This PSA spam needs to end.
We get it, overvolt bad, fire hot, modifying your system can brick it.
I think we all know the risks going in to things.

If someone wants to add more options to the already plentiful Switch hacking community, why shit on them?

Last edited by Thorhax,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....