Status
Not open for further replies.

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! Looking forward to trying this tonight. Looks interesting. But what if no I don't want my Switch running a high CPU speed for a simple 2D game? Is there a toggle to turn this off, or does it reduce CPU clock automatically based on CPU load?

What is the default loader.kip, Micron or Hynix? I can see in Hekate I have Micron RAM.

Attachments

• PXL_20211215_192256898~2.jpg
    PXL_20211215_192256898~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 349
Last edited by sean222,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the included apps unmodified from source? Maybe put together a package of just the configs and instructions for installing the original open source packages.

Not that’s there’s any reason to doubt compiled code from a new user on their first post…

PS: Sweet photo man. Is one of them you?

Attachments

• 0614C46F-C161-4A3E-A277-1A5A2AAA0A0D.jpeg
    0614C46F-C161-4A3E-A277-1A5A2AAA0A0D.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 372

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
better use this if you want max overclock : https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite

“Build
Grab necessary patches from the repo, then compile sys-clk, ReverseNX-RT, hekate and Atmosphere (or loader only) with devkitpro.”

Now that’s what I’m talking about!

“Mariko Only“

Bummer

I wonder if OP package is Mariko only as well…seems pretty similar.

Nagaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
“Build
Grab necessary patches from the repo, then compile sys-clk, ReverseNX-RT, hekate and Atmosphere (or loader only) with devkitpro.”

Now that’s what I’m talking about!

“Mariko Only“

Bummer

I wonder if OP package is Mariko only as well…seems pretty similar.
It say's mariko too in requirement so i think it's the same patch

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overclocking up to 2397 Mhz for the CPU, 1536 Mhz for the GPU, 2131 Mhz for the RAM (the exact ceiling is different for each console).
Automatic overvolting.
Unlimited video recording in all games.
Wireless video streaming with increased bitrate, 60 frames per second, to external monitors - almost without delays.
Dock mode emulation.
Accelerated charging.
Reducing the current threshold for the Official Charger.
Drastic reduction of cooling system noise.
Overlay with FPS and system metrics.
Over-the-screen menu for on-the-fly control of the listed features.
Background FTP server.
Necessary for the joint work of all of the above are system modules.
[/spoiler]
[/background]
a lot of this is extremely unnecessary and unsafe especially turning down fan speed with an overclock

Reactions: britain4

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Correct. The modification is mostly based on customized sources of Switch-OC-Suite, Atmosphere (and other projects). I will add links and credentials to all used community stuff later.

The main idea of the modification is to give beginners the opportunity to touch the delights of overclocking. As simple as possible, including everything you need. Just unpack and use.

If you are an advanced user, then of course it is better for you not to rely on ready-made assemblies, but to assemble the necessary components yourself.

Reactions: binkinator

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Are the included apps unmodified from source? Maybe put together a package of just the configs and instructions for installing the original open source packages.

Not that’s there’s any reason to doubt compiled code from a new user on their first post…

Mostly. But some of them was modified. Components from modification was tested several months before release in public. Including fan curve mod.

The main idea of the modification is to give beginners the opportunity to touch the delights of overclocking. As simple as possible, including everything you need. Just unpack and use.

I mostly known on "that weird Russian forum" as Cooler3D.
I also plan to bring developments and modifications from my colleagues to GBAmp to make it easier for the English speaking community to have access to them.

Reactions: heinrich_frei

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

I completely forgot that this meme is local to Russia. Its gist is that you are out of luck. In this case, we are talking about the fact that most likely the user has a memory from Hynix.

Reactions: binkinator

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks! Looking forward to trying this tonight. Looks interesting. But what if no I don't want my Switch running a high CPU speed for a simple 2D game? Is there a toggle to turn this off, or does it reduce CPU clock automatically based on CPU load?

What is the default loader.kip, Micron or Hynix? I can see in Hekate I have Micron RAM.
You can set freqs for any game, just open Tesla overlay, and try to find optimal clock speeds for you. Micron consoles must work fine with mod+first fix. Scheduler (Governor) for automatic freqs adjusting under the development.

Reactions: sean222

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can set freqs for any game, just open Tesla overlay, and try to find optimal clock speeds for you. Micron consoles must work fine with mod+first fix. Scheduler (Governor) for automatic freqs adjusting under the development.
Thanks. Like the other people that posted, I don't want to copy the whole archive to my SD, I tried that and it got stuck on boot at the Nintendo Logo. I reverted the changes. Then I tried KazushiMe files and it worked. Now I will find the files that are different in yours compared to KazushiMe and I will copy them to my SD card.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp