Not open for further replies.

DarkMelman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tested with patched fs.kip + reinx.
It's working! Games with no update can be played using 4nxci alpha 4 + additional patch to FS.kip with reinx or whatever.
Hey,

could you explain, how do you edit the .kip-file? I tried a hex-editor, but I didn't found the value 9A E3 FF 97

Thanks!

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That patch shouldn't be necessary to get this tool to work correctly.

There is absolutely no reason to do that. If it was necessary in any way, I would have included it in nosigchk in the first place. I think the author will fix his tool to avoid needing it soon anyway (it's the correct thing to do).

Reactions: Assasin1990

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't exactly advise users to manually patch their kips when it's just a workaround. The CFW authors aren't going to add this in by default, as far as I can see.

I don't want to come off as harsh (yeah Raj can, but that's Raj,) however I believe the sentiment that this can be done without asking users to edit files they're unaccustomed to.

Last edited by Serfrost,

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks. Using "4NXCI v0.9-Alpha 4" I converted the game Penny-Punching Princess.xci (Trimmed) to NSP and works perfect on my SX OS 1.4.

jptsubasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why every time I try to open it , going to close very quickly...
My win is 64, and the program is 32, maybe this is the problem ?
Put your xci in the same folder and drop your xci into 4nxci.exe
or put this convert.bat into your 4nxci folder and run it.
upload_2018-8-10_2-10-10.png

Attachments

• convert bat.zip
    298 bytes · Views: 375
Last edited by jptsubasa,

vaanen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
new info : i redownloaded the game, made the game again to nsp from scratch and used the latest tinfoil. Same error, but latest tinfoil shows more info, and says : a93104ed8d2ab3a9906cd9dce32803f9.cmnt.nca is corrupt, error code 0x00236e02

jptsubasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hey,

could you explain, how do you edit the .kip-file? I tried a hex-editor, but I didn't found the value 9A E3 FF 97

Thanks!
Just find out the correct file FS.kip by yourself.The size is about 1.29MB.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-10_4-1-43.png
    upload_2018-8-10_4-1-43.png
    24 KB · Views: 500
  • upload_2018-8-10_4-3-2.png
    upload_2018-8-10_4-3-2.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 451
Last edited by jptsubasa,

jptsubasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I found it in Darth Meteos Super Special SD Stash v2.0.1.zip. and below version?Maybe since 2.0.1 version The Darth Meteos delete this file form his archive?
I don't know can i upload this file to gbatemp?It against the forum rules?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FS is used for layeredfs isn't it? If we're all using an old kip isn't it potentially possible to run into conflicts with a current version of a cfw? I'm wondering if, instead of an old FS.kip file if there isn't a specific change to be made in a current one for whatever this is doing? Where did people find details about this particular patch? It's kind of freaky because everyone is discussing it as if there is a big detailed post and I don't see it (but I also don't see a deleted area.) If I google it the top result is information about spark plugs followed by a ton of other unrelated things (now if you need to cross check your E3 spark plugs I'm now your man. Apparently.)

You should stop using the GUI. You can get updates. Banned cert is used and works / you do not need a valid certificate as you have stated. Updates do not need a key to download because they come with the legit ticket direct from the CDN which contains the key. If you download NSPs from the wild there's a good chance that person didn't do it correctly, packed it using a different program or an older version, or doesn't contain the right titleid/region for your game. You should really be doing these things by your own hand from the files obtained via CDNSP.
If you stick to GUI, you're going to have a bad time trying to do the things that you want to accomplish and causes confusion when people do the bad methods and post "it doesn't work."
You should stop making assumptions... I tried the command line version first. Both ultimately give me the same error (I ran the GUI version in a console so it would show the error messages and after getting the same error it would have a ton of others that makes it looks like the code didn't expect that problem): "Request rejected by server! Check your cert." There's only so much that one can do with a tool that is very explicitly not supported in its official location where absolutely no one will allow the actual tool or its required files to be posted anywhere even googling around (pretty much everything comes back to a thread here where there is no longer even a link to the github or anything.) It's great you have a working cert, but I can't even use the -i command without getting that error and the -g command explicitly requires a key to do anything at all (it won't even go so far as a server error, it just simply refuses to do anything without a key) so it apparently requires a working cert by its own statement or the server simply won't respond with anything useful and both are saying the exact same thing. It's well known that Nintendo is banning certificates, so when the tool itself tells me the server won't accept it I have to conclude that the server won't accept it.

EDIT: And to be clear, what I mean about key is whatever it requires that you put in instead (or in addition to) a title ID just to get it to actually do a download (it's apparently 32 bytes if that tells you anything.) Stuff in the existing title key lists will have such a key available, but this one does not because it is not in such lists. All I have is a title ID and nothing else. Putting in an invalid key (like all zeros or one from another game) didn't seem to work (same error about the server rejecting the command and to check the cert.)

Enjoy yours while it works because we're not all this lucky.

I wouldn't exactly advise users to manually patch their kips when it's just a workaround. The CFW authors aren't going to add this in by default, as far as I can see.

I don't want to come off as harsh (yeah Raj can, but that's Raj,) however I believe the sentiment that this can be done without asking users to edit files they're unaccustomed to.
Honestly I have to agree with you. Using unsupported patches can be tricky in a lot of ways. Not just the technical expertise required to manually patch (and I guess it's illegal to download the pre-patched file? Which also means it won't be officially provided in places like this if so) but also the fact that it may not always be compatible (for instance, might this particular patch be firmware version specific?) Although I do wonder if whatever is required here isn't something CFWs could do anyway. Surely the actual signature check itself we're discussing here (whatever it is) isn't any more illegal to bypass than the other signature checks?

Well, it's a work in progress. Hopefully we'll have a full blown XCI-to-NSP conversion with no unusual patches or updates required to get them to work someday. Which will particularly come in handy for stuff like homebrew and I'm hoping game modifications (undubs, translations, etc.)

EDIT: All that said, I will say that when I made the mentioned hex editing changes (thank goodness I went the right direction since there were zero details) it did get it to install via Tinfoil (devmenu crashes the console with that one.) So apparently the modified FS.kip can make at least these work temporarily, though it's not a great long term solution as it breaks other things I guess.

Last edited by Nazosan,

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that it's likely to break with any CFW update, then everyone will be asking why their xci nsp games aren't working. That is unless all CFW authors adopt this approach.

The tool can work without this patch, however, users are advised to patch (what will eventually) be replaced later.

Last edited by Serfrost,
Reactions: Assasin1990

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that it's likely to break with any CFW update, then everyone will be asking why their xci nsp games aren't working.
Seems I have to agree with you. It already causes problems. And I'm betting it is fairly firmware specific? I'm on the latest anyway, so I can't really test, but my bet is that the modified kip that works with this won't work on 4.x or lower. Perhaps I'm wrong? There are absolutely no guarantees it will work on 6.x or whatever comes next. Given that many things (especially layeredfs) cause a system crash I'd say this is definitely not ideal right now. For now I'll keep two CFW options in my Hekate INI, but sadly not everyone knows how to do this (and not everyone uses Hekate anyway.) Well, at least this is better than running the game via LayeredFS via Mario Odyssey. (Plus I really want to try to force myself to play that game. Everyone raves about it, but so far I haven't been able to get into it at all.)

The tool can work without this patch, however, users are advised to patch (what will eventually) be replaced later.
On its own only with SX OS. I don't think it's better advice to tell people to go buy it (I don't want to get into all that right now, but I would call that spectacularly bad advice in fact.)

Well, this tool is in alpha status. Hopefully it will improve and I can definitely hope it would be soon. There are a lot of games that can't be "fixed" for this right now anyway (eg no updates.) Presumably sooner or later it must surely work on its own.

I'm still wondering if we can do something with whatever it is that the updates are doing. I suppose they install a proper ticket or something? Is there any way this sort of mechanism can be used with it maybe generating some sort of really basic ticket or something of the sort? I suppose kind of like what I hear about early NSPs, only hopefully modifying it in some way that prevents the problem people apparently had with them. At a minimum, perhaps it would be useful if this tool would provide some way where it might at least allow users to be able to modify the files it extracts before it combines them into a NSP (even just an optional pause at that point would probably be sufficient.) I don't know if anyone can do anything with that, but it would be nice if it would give the option.

Last edited by Nazosan,

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Man, which pack has the FS.KIP? I've download ReiNX and tumGER and they have just fs_mitm.kip (no 9A E3 FF 97 in there).
Thank you!

"fs_mitm.kip" is a module from Atmosphère for LayeredFS support.
"FS.KIP" is a patched kernel so it's just a decrypted copy of the Switch kernel with some "small but critical" changes: it cannot be sent on those forums because it's Nintendo's binary code. It can be easily generated with "ChoiduJour" and a "hfs0" file (which can be retrived from an XCI with XCI-Explorer): "ChoiDujour.exe --keyset=keys.txt --fspatches=nocmac,nosigchk update.hfs0" command.
It must match your current Switch FW.

Just find out the correct file FS.kip by yourself.The size is about 1.29MB.

The screenshot you sent are, I guess, for "FS.kip" from 5.X FW: there is no "93 E3 FF 97" in "FS.kip" for 4.X FW. Do you have an idea of the patch for this lower version?
Thank you for the help.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks for that clarification. I was definitely misunderstanding something there. So FS.kip and fs_mitm.kip are not mutually exclusive. Nice. Unfortunately that means it will indeed be very hard to deal with this across firmwares since that means it will be different every time the kernel changes since someone has to figure out the exact bytes to change every time...

Last edited by Nazosan,

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately that means it will indeed be very hard to deal with this across firmwares since that means it will be different every time the kernel changes since someone has to figure out the exact bytes to change every time...

Sometimes, an "FS.kip" made from a FW version can work on some other FW versions: for example, I am on 4.0.1 and I can use a "FS.kip" made from 4.1.0 (but definitly not 5.X).
I don't wish to update so I can only hope that @The-4n could find the patch for 4.X and update the following page: https://github.com/The-4n/4NXCI/tree/master/patches :shy:
Or I can wait for EmuNAND support in Atmosphère. :)

The-4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all, 4nxci will be able to convert xcis to nsps without need of ACID sig patches in future, i can't give you eta
second, latest build of reinx supports ACID sig patches on all firmwares, so use it as a workaround

Last edited by The-4n,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...