Hacking 5.3.2E version modded to 99.99.99E, update to latest version?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
So back in the day (lol), when updating over anything higher than 5.3.2 I've taken two measures to avoid both auto- and accidental updating. The first one was deleting the 'update' folder from the nand so that there is no place to download the updates to. The second one was patching the version number of the system menu to 99.99.99E which is the maximum possible so that there never could be a new update.

However, times pass and we are now at the point where running the latest sysmenu doesn't come with any downsides anymore (if I am not mistaken). So I'm thinking of updating to the latest version, but I honnestly wouldn't know how to do this in this particular case.

Also important: my U running CBHC

Does anyone know how to tackle this?

(Or should I just keep it like this and just accept that I cannot use the eShop anymore?)

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
If I were you:

1. Uninstall CBHC
2. Recreate update folder
3. Update WiiU online
4. Install CBHC again (if you want). Personally, I prefer not to use it.
5. =)

Last edited by toxic9,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he won't need to uninstall cbhc. since it's Europe, it will be uninstalled automatically with 5.5.4.

op, if you want to create the update folder, look in the same thread you used to delete it. you need the right privileges as well or it won't work.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
he won't need to uninstall cbhc. since it's Europe, it will be uninstalled automatically with 5.5.4.

op, if you want to create the update folder, look in the same thread you used to delete it. you need the right privileges as well or it won't work.

I actually was clever enough to rename the folder with a leading underscore or something like that.

So if I got this right it will be safe to install the latest update with my current setup? Just double-checking because I don't feel like bricking the system :P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it won't harm the system. it will uninstall cbhc, since the system.xml is changed in some way, but just reinstall cbhc the same way.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, it won't harm the system. it will uninstall cbhc, since the system.xml is changed in some way, but just reinstall cbhc the same way.
And as you predicted, the system survived the update ^^ So, from here I remove the old DS title, redownload it from the eShop, reinstall haxchi followed by CBHC right?

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have my WiiU untouched for more than 2 years now and I can't remember if I installed cbhs or something else. Is there some way to check what it is installed or not? Eshop works or it is discontinued?

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have my WiiU untouched for more than 2 years now and I can't remember if I installed cbhs or something else. Is there some way to check what it is installed or not? Eshop works or it is discontinued?
if you have cbhc, your wii u will show you a screen saying its booting cbhc before actually starting the system menu. It kinda looks like windows' command prompt, just a black background with white text.

Reactions: stsaerox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk